Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 disc situation

AnnarubananaAnnarubanana Posts: 48 Member
Hiya,
Here’s a bit of background on my situation:
We’re currently on lockdown here in Northern Ireland. Before this came about we had just sold our house. We moved into my Granda’s old house until we bought a new one. This means that, as this is a temporary home, a LOT of our stuff is in storage, including all my games (mum didn’t think to bring them with us) Due to current problems with our computer needing an update, the only game I would be able to play in the meantime is TS2 (the only one that doesn’t need origin) :(
I have two questions:
1. If I want to run TS2 do I need to run it on the latest expansion disc that I have installed (which in this case is Apartment Life) or can I run it on any other expansion disc I own?
2. If this was the case, as my discs are in storage, I would buy an expansion I do not yet have installed in order to play. However do I need the base game discs in order to install an expansion pack? (I’ve forgotten how this all works :D )

I would reallyyyyy appreciate it if someone could provide answers as not being able to play any Sims right now when I have nothing else to do is so frustrating :'(

Comments

• simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    1. As I recall you need to use the newest expansion disc that was installed on that specific computer to play.
    2. You need to have the base game installed on the computer in order to install and play an expansion.
  • AnnarubananaAnnarubanana Posts: 48 Member
    @simlander thanks for ur help! Looks like I’m going to have to go hunting for them then!! I know I need the base game installed but do I need the physical discs to complete an expansion download??
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    @Annarubanana No I'm pretty sure you only need the expansion if the base game is already installed.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If base game is installed you do not need the base game disks if you also have expansions or stuff packs installed. What you need is the most recent pack's disk. If you are planning on adding another pack, then all you need it that particular disk.