Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    No
    Since 2013 some people are dreaming about The Sims 5... but The Sims 4 is still here in 2020.

There is no point to talk about an imaginary game like talking about Mass Effect 5 or Saints Row 5 even if I'm waiting for them.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited April 2020
    No
    Voted no because they insist on making everything online. If the sims 5 has an online mode that is gonna be forced on me then that is where I stop playing the sims altogether.

I really hope the online 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a spin off instead.

Oh and for the love of god, make a new engine and build the game with dx12 support so the draw calls limits are lifted (fps drops when zooming out would be gone) and make sure that the engine can handle simulating more than one lot at a time to be able to open up the neighbourhoods!
    The sims 3 suffered from the draw call limit and now the sims 4, it is NOT JUST about 64bit when it comes to simulation, dx9 won't do it for me again and the sims deserves to advance for once!
  • darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    No
    Personally, I'm in no hurry to see TS5 just yet.. I think TS4 has so much more potential and things that can be added and done before we jump into TS5. I'd hate for TS5 to be rushed and it's a slow, choppy mess like TS3 was. (In my opinion)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No
    I like sims4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimsciaSimscia Posts: 3 New Member
    No
    No, personally there's still so much I want to see in the Sims 4 :|
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yes
    Definitely.

The number one reason from people who don't want it yet is wanting to see much more from The Sims 4, but as we've known since 2014, this is the most limited base game experience that we have ever gotten. The Sims 3 did suffer from stability/performance issues, but the bugs (in my experience) were nowhere near as rampant and game-breaking as the ones in The Sims 4. Simulation lag in a Sims game completely defeats the purpose. How can you play The Sims when your Sims refuse to obey you? You factor that in with how the game lacks content severely, and the content that is there is horribly uninspired and not at all creative, and there's just no excuse for it.

I honestly feel bad for this series. It has so much potential but EA and Maxis' development just knocks it down every single time. The Sims 2 left off on so much promise for the future. The Sims 3 brought in a ton of innovation, but with a price of performance. And The Sims 4, which should have been the ultimate game to fix the game's problems while giving us content exceeding The Sims 2 fell flat miserably in all departments. In a way, I want to see The Sims 5 just so I can personally see if this series is to be abandoned. I'd have no problem playing The Sims 2 whenever I want my simming fix (which is what I do now), but having an updated, supported game that is also just as good would be nice to see.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited April 2020
    Depend what was they plan doing with sims 5, if they more force on sims 5 to be online, no (because it's dump down game, not lot stuff add, they trade off by had online, what time could more stuff and gameplay add but can't afford time to do it because they work on online, ect and what happen if people had bad internet ping or internet down, then people couldn't play game whatever storm or bad IRS and you could do nothing to make better or faster internet because bad IRS, ect, if they forced single player offline, they had time to do add more stuff and gameplay because they do not forced on online, use that time to make game great, maybe.

Sady I think many EA's Borad of chairmen/women and CEO is not gamer single player mind, they are money mind, is why it's very risk they will lose money than what they would, Too many game are great because game developer (as long they don't had anyone who had mind of money tell them to do) do not think of money but had passion of making game great, that is what problem, they don't make game great anymore because they lose many passion game developer, and their command over passion game developer in name of profit but not in name of gameplay. That's what I think.

When making a game, gameplay is always come first before profit, not profit before gameplay.
  • thesimmers340thesimmers340 Posts: 21 Member
    i still think the sims 4 has a big potential...
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes

It's been SIX YEARS and nothing, so....

I think they're putting all their effort on TS5 actually.

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Yes
    I want to say I'm done with the EA sims series, but we don't know what sims 5 will be. I stopped playing four long ago for all the reasons everyone else has listed in this thread. I'm back to jumping from sims 2 to 3 when I feel like playing. Like several people have also said if sims 5 fails it's okay because we will have other options for simulation games in the near future. Those teams seem to actually care what the fanbase wants so it's not entirely a loosing situation. I have hope that at least one if not both are going to be fantastic games.

If they wanted to loose the majority of their fanbase they've got the idea right with CEO rumors and speculation.
    1. Making sims 5 multiplayer
    2. Multi transactions
    3. Repeat of sims 4
    4. Continuing not to listen to their fanbase

Just a side note here no one wants multi transactions but wouldn't the sims 3 store considered to be a form of multi transactions? To me it does because you have to buy points to buy extra things that where never in ep or sp. Everyone seemed fine with that.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2020
    No

We're still waiting for The Sims 3 64-Bit & Metal Edition for macOS Catalina and The Sims 4 on Steam, both were announced 8 months ago.

I think they're putting all their effort on TS3 actually :p .
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    No

We're still waiting for The Sims 3 64-Bit & Metal Edition for macOS Catalina and The Sims 4 on Steam, both were announced 8 months ago.

I think they're putting all their effort on TS3 actually :p .

When did they announce The Sims 3 64-bit?👀👀👀
    Yes
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I want to say I'm done with the EA sims series, but we don't know what sims 5 will be. I stopped playing four long ago for all the reasons everyone else has listed in this thread. I'm back to jumping from sims 2 to 3 when I feel like playing. Like several people have also said if sims 5 fails it's okay because we will have other options for simulation games in the near future. Those teams seem to actually care what the fanbase wants so it's not entirely a loosing situation. I have hope that at least one if not both are going to be fantastic games.

If they wanted to loose the majority of their fanbase they've got the idea right with CEO rumors and speculation.
    1. Making sims 5 multiplayer
    2. Multi transactions
    3. Repeat of sims 4
    4. Continuing not to listen to their fanbase

Just a side note here no one wants multi transactions but wouldn't the sims 3 store considered to be a form of multi transactions? To me it does because you have to buy points to buy extra things that where never in ep or sp. Everyone seemed fine with that.

In mobile games, micro-transactions meant that you needed to purchase something in order to have a better chance of winning something or helping to get something done on time. For example, I used to play The Sims Freeplay. There are all sorts of time-limited quests and missions which reward you with really great stuff. But unless you don't work, you won't be able to complete any of them in time. So you needed to buy life points to help speed up processes that the quests want you to do in order to finish them in time and get the rewards.

In TS3, you never needed to buy anything from the store - the basegame and EPs were complete in gameplay features themselves. You weren't required to buy anything from the store to complete those gameplay features. The store was provided if you just wanted to add more stuff to your game.

I personally love it! TS3 is such a well made game that I was happy to spend money to buy the extra stuff I didn't really need. And the stuff was great quality too!

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes
    A lot of us have been waiting for TS5 for a long time now. Just something to look forward to for once instead of hearing about the latest disappointment that is being pushed out in TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes

I hope you are right about them putting all of their effort in the next game!

End TS4 now. It has vacation worlds and other EP stuff. It might not be fancy but the ardent fans like it so they can just enjoy it as much as they like but give everyone else a real Sims game to look forward to :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited April 2020
    Yes

I hope you are right about them putting all of their effort in the next game!

End TS4 now. It has vacation worlds and other EP stuff. It might not be fancy but the ardent fans like it so they can just enjoy it as much as they like but give everyone else a real Sims game to look forward to :smile:

A few things that make me think TS4 is coming to its end and that they're focusing on TS5 more:

1) The later packs for TS4 have been worse than the earlier ones, in terms of content and gameplay. And I'm not too excited about the new things coming up. Like knitting....when there were a ton more fun things on that poll that LOST to knitting. I just can't believe that actually won over all of them! I think it was already pre-determined that knitting will win and they set up the poll just to make naive people think that is what everyone wanted. Because think of it: it doesn't need a lot of different new animations or new coding, not like all the better options in that poll that lost.

2) There's simulation lag - ironic considering that they boasted about its closed world system and how smooth its suppose to be because they took so much out of it. And of course the ever growing pile of bugs that each new pack adds to those that have yet to be fixed. It shows the engine can't handle much more.

3) TS4 is now constantly on sale and its base game given away on more than one occasion. I've NEVER seen the other iterations go on sale THIS much and they've NEVER been given away! On top of that, TS4 now personally nags its players about all the packs they haven't bought yet! It's clearly gotten very desperate, so you just know many people have grown tired and lost interest in it.

4) Paralives' fanbase is also growing pretty rapidly as people give up on TS4. And the game isn't even completed yet! The reason? It's because the devs for it have been very open with the game's development and very responsive to requests for features asked by the life simulation community. We hadn't really gotten that from EAxis - not to that level anyway. So, if EAxis doesn't want to lose us, they're going to have to put more of their focus on TS5 now and make sure it's completed for release by the time Paralives or Paradox Tectonic's (who is playing like a ninja right now, lol!) life sim game comes out.

• KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    No
    The Sims 4 still has a lot to offer for me personally, I still enjoy the building and creativity, I am still finding the gameplay enjoyable and the packs give it new life. I would obviously welcome any new Sims titles, but I doubt I will buy it until I'm ready to try something new!
  • slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    Yes
    I want them to have a team developing the sims 5, but I feel they need to go back to what made previous games so good. I want the premade sims they have places in the world to have story lines and relationships with each other. I feel it's time for a team to be working on it, but I hope they improve on what they already have before the next game is released.
  • RandieReignsRandieReigns Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    I'm so bored with Sims 4. Every time I play I end up frustrated by what it lacks. 4 must appeal to more types of gamers than the others or maybe it brought in a bunch of first time players. I've played every version of The Sims.
    I want a new game that combines the best of 2, 3, and 4.

I love the CAS in 4. Sims look so much better, but could be improved if they updated the parts to match what we go to mods for. Especially the hair and skin. Update the clothes more. So many gamers run to mods to improve the looks. If modders can do it, I know the creators can.

I hate the map in 4. The overview in too cartoony and makes it feel like a child oriented game. Which is what I feel about the interactions and gameplay. I don't want to go into a loading screen just to visit the house next door. I know they created it this way to avoid the lag, but there has to be something in between. Couldn't you make a smaller version of open world? Put arrows at the edges that lead to other neighborhoods and then use the loading screen. It would great if we could connect the neighborhoods together. Make them like 3 and let us add an arrow and decide which neighborhood to place there. I miss create a world! But I don't want another separate tool and it definitely could be simpler if it comes back.

The expansions are disappointing. The game would make more money if they created in depth packs that focused on one aspect instead of many. Each occult, each job, each theme, ect. I was so excited about the Strangerville pack, but after playing it, I found the story too easy and too short. I used to buy expansions as soon as they came out. In the last year, I've only bought one. I'm not in a rush anymore.

I find building much easier in 4, but I miss some of the things I could do in 3, like the cheat allowed you to make split levels and the way the roofs worked and probably a lot more that I can't think of right now.

Babies are awful! All I need to say about that. Bring back Sims 2 babies! And let us take them out in the world. Geeze! Make it a little more realistic.

CARS! Omg! I can't believe there are still no cars. I'm a huge car person. I grew up in a family run shop. Literally. Having no cars is just odd and wrong!

Sims 2 sims were the funniest and most entertaining sims ever made. I still go back and play it just to watch them. Animations were more realistic. I'm so sick of seeing sims pull utensils out of thin air. That would be okay for a witch, but a normal sim? Come on! Go back to opening drawers and cabinets. And the fridge always has food. I liked it better when I had to go out and buy groceries to put in it. Same with clothes. I loved it that I had to buy more outfits. Now you just make more in CAS. We should be able to make many more. And why can't we just put a jacket on over our clothes when it's cold? Instead of having to make a whole outfit for it?

We need more interactive items and less decorations. There seemed to be so many more in previous games.
    We need to more trait slots. More lot trait slots. A lot less idle animations or do away with it together. Better autonomy. By the 4 game our sims shouldn't still walk to the bathroom on the 3rd floor to wash a dish or prepare food. After pulling the food out of the fridge in the kitchen!

I kind of hope to see more age groups. Like preteen between child and teen and maybe middle aged between adult and elder. In the real world people don't always jump from healthy adult to bent over grannies. There's a period in between. And do more for the older ones. There's not much for them to do but sit around and wait to die off.

And this is just the most complained about problems with the game. The way its going Sims is more of a console game than a pc game. All these things are commented on ALOT on youtube and in other forums. Which is why I can't believe the yes votes are so low.

If and when Sims 5 comes out, I hope it's an improvement and not another step back. I've heard the multiplayer online rumors. If it's completely online or multiplayer I will not buy it. And if it doesn't have some kind of improved open world, I doubt I'll play past the base game. If the creators want to keep making this kind of game for the masses, that's fine, but at least come up with a version for the extreme gamers who spent loads of money on their rigs just so they can play the complex games. And for goodness sakes fix the origin engine! It's never been the game itself that caused such long loading screens and lag in 3. It's origin! When installed by discs without the EA installer, the game runs much smoother and faster! It still causes lag in loading 4. I have a pretty good computer and the first time I load it after a shut down, it takes a long time to start. After that it starts right up. And I'm not playing with many mods. Sometimes none at all.

Wow, this post is longer than I expected. LOL. Basic wishlist for 5 - Realism of 2. Open world of 3 and Cas of 4. Better babies and CARS!
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I didn't until Eco Lifestyle was announced, lol. I pretty much was hoping after every Sims 4 expac that it would be better and that I'd finally get the things I want from the game, but the content just never feels enough. I just want Sims 5 now. I hope they pay attention to what the community loved the most from the previous games and implement that. I feel ready for a fresh start now.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    No
    I don't think I will buy another sims iteration. I enjoy sims 4 and just want them to improve on it.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    No
    I want the sims 4 to be finished, completed. I will probably keep playing it when TS5 comes out because tbh the main thing that TS4 has taught me is to wait for sales or at least reviews. At first I pre-ordered a lot but after many disappointments I prefer to just wait. It's really not about money but they have lost my trust.
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    No
    I've spent alot of money on the sims 4 so not yet
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    No
    The Sims 4 gets better with updates. There’s no reason, with more gameplay updates and overhauls, that it couldn’t be Sims 2 tier interesting and fun. And they’re showing an increasing willingness to do these massive overhauls and updates. So I say let’s spend as much time in the Sims 4 making it a finished game as possible, which also increases the dev time for The Sims 5. The last thing I want is for them to abandon ship on the current game and leave The Sims 5 rushed and incomplete at launch (AGAIN) as a result.

Let’s give them four or five years to make a truly deep Sims 5 base game while we keep tinkering with and improving The Sims 4.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.