Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*?

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited April 2020
    No
    I think that I'm more-or-less burned out on the whole Sims by installment thing. I'm in no hurry to go back to a base game for the fourth time and wait for a few years to have weather, vampires, pets and university. Even if a hypothetical Sims 5 is something that interests me I won't be running out to purchase it until it has the packs that I care about. I'll be playing The Sims 4 for a long time regardless of what happens.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    No
    No. I want them to get it together and fix this mess, learn from their mistakes, and not just hop over to start creating another disaster with the same mistakes all over again.

I don’t care if it takes another 5 years. I do not want another Sims game until they have had plenty of time to make something functional and complete.

No more missing basic things, no more half-plummed personalities, no more dumbed down gameplay where everyone ate a bowl of anti-depressants for breakfast.

Clean up this mess before trying to get me to invest in another one. Because it IS an investment. I’ve spent so much money on this game and I really should have more gameplay to show for it by now.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    No
    I am thoroughly enjoying what Sims 4 has to offer at this point. The thought of starting all over again with less at this point is unappealing. Besides, I don't think the devs are done with Sims4, either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    No
    Hello Simmers! no on sims5, i'm content with sims4 for now.
    i feel there's a few more years, im waiting on a farming pack
    an amusement park pack.
    a winter wonderland pack.
    Have a great day
    Stay safe, stay healthy :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    Nope. I enjoy what I'm playing with and want more. There is a lot more they can do and add and looking forward to stuff hinted at and polled about as well as unexpected stuff that they can blindside us with.
    egTcBMc.png
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Where is the 'I really don't care', or 'I wanna test Paralives first' on your poll? Cause that's how I feel :/

This is where I am as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes
    The Sims 5 is nowhere near a release date.
    In meantime ...
    The Sims 4 has become repetitive and mind numbing for me. I still play and enjoy the game if I play outside of my element. Doing things I never did before but I don't always like pushing the limits and playing outside of my comfort zone. We need something new. New aspirations would help. The kids aspirations are still the same after 5 years.
    I am excited about the news of new content. They will either continue to beat a dead horse or bring the game back to life. I hope it's good!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No
    It's complicated for me. This current game needs a lot of work and I'd like to see it work properly first. However, if they had a 5 ready to go and it was a proper "5" in a series and had all the best bits of 2, 3 and 4 rolled into one that ran well and was a complete base game at launch (not like the launch mess that was 4) then I would jump all over that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I don't know. I want it when it's finished, polished, actually worth its AAA price tag. I want it when it's ready to give the magic sims feeling, the way I felt when I opened TS2 and thought it was downright revolutionary compared to TS1. If that is ready soon, sure why not soon. If not, then no, I'd rather stick with 4 for the time being and give them ALL the time they need to make a true sims experience.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No
    I'm not ready to start over just yet.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Yes
    I’m bored of The Sims 4 and ready to go on. I literally downloaded The Sims 2 because I was so bored!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    No
    I'm happy playing/exploring Sims 4 at the moment and don't really want to move on just yet.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    It depends.
    On one hand, it depends on what Sims 5 has to offer and how it's going to work. If Sims 5 goes in a direction I'm not interested in like it turns into an MMO or loses its sense of humor I may pass.
    On the other hand, @Orangemon said, "I feel the Sims 4 engine has limited what the developers can do, and also limits what functions they can give ourselves." I agree with this, game engines do age and new versions of game engines allow devs to build larger and more complicated and expansive games for their player base. That kind of update is what allowed Sims 4 to improve Sims 3's dated graphics and clunky UI.

Right now, I'm having fun playing 4 but I'll be watching with interest to see what 5 has to offer.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No
    I think I'd rather see Sims 1 and 2 optimized for Windows 10. I never got to play Sims 1 and I'd really like to try it out. Sims 2 was the love of my life but it requires tweaking to work properly and I just haven't found the time to look into it. I think it would be worth it for EA to offer these old games again. Square Enix did this for the original Final Fantasy 7 a while back and I was happy to buy it.

As far as Sims 5... I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'm definitely curious to see what they offer, but I can't say I have any expectations that I'll love it, lol. The way they've been switching up the iterations since Sims 3 tells me EA is just going to go for something "new and exciting" in their eyes, rather than staying true to the original series, so it will probably feel like yet another different game.

Not really interested in Paralives either because they're going to have rabbit hole locations in their open world and it doesn't look like it's going to suit my play preferences. I still stay updated of course, and I might get it in the end just to support the competition and try it out. We'll see.

I guess that means I'm okay to stick with Sims 4 for a while. :D
    #Team Occult
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    No
    I've put no, but I'm not sure I care all that much. As it stands I'm 80% sure I won't be getting the sims 5. This far into 4, the lack of personality of the sims and the awful emotions system... (your Dad died... ah well, the room is nicely decorated...) mean it's increasingly likely I won't be giving EA my hard earned cash!
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No
    Why would I want to start the cycle of buying pack after pack yet again?

Granted, if the next rendition of the game would actually be good (and incorporate most if not all of the "essential" and "expected" packs that have come and gone through the current and previous renditions, then yes.

Odds of that are slim, so I'll keep my "no" for now.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me Sims 4 will always be an unfinished game. I really do not care for Sims 5 as Sims 4 has left an bad spot in my eye.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    No
    There are far too many missing features in the Sims 4 to even get excited at the thought of Sims 5. If they can't add it to the Sims 4, I have no confidence that these features would make it to the Sims 5 before I'm officially an Elder myself.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No
    Let Sims 4 (IF the game engine can even handle it)go on until early 2021-then it will be time to end Sims 4 and give people Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    I am...I am so tired of this installment...so much!
    But, I am cautious, I hope they take the feedback and make it a better game than the 4th installment ever was and like the first 3 installments.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    No
    So long as they are still planning to build worlds(or release a Create a World tool) for 4 they can go ahead. They have years of packs to produce before I will switch so they may as well get started. Once Seasons, pets, and a few others are out for 5 and it looks good enough I may try it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yes
    But only if it is done right, as in the foundation is TS2 to which are added the best parts of the others. As far as TS4 goes, replace it or shoot it. Enough of the agony already!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes
    This is a real issue. If rumors are correct, and they go with forced online/multiplayer, heck no. In that case, all these potential Sims competitors look extra tasty. I am sure Paralives will be ready by the time TS5 comes out, given how I think in the least, TS4 still has 2020. But, if this time, they realize their mistake, start with a clean slate, realize what makes the older games so great, and what few features TS4 has that are good; roll them into one and then add new features; sure.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No
    I know our opinions aren't being considered when EA makes decisions about new content. All of that stopped as soon as we began complaining about missing content. I think EA was caught off guard when the community lost it's mind over the missing toddlers, and was forced to create a new life stage when it was clear EA had no intention of adding toddlers at all. EA had it's own idea of what Sims4 would be long before we knew any details. The same is probably true of Sims5 as I'm sure it is in the early development stage. The current mindset of EA in their 'take it or leave it' attitude, is what will stop me from investing money, time and effort into a fifth bare-bones base game. When a group of professionals cannot handle criticism or input from a fan base, the time has come to move on to other game companies that have better communication skills and are open to all new ideas that affect the enjoyment and playability of the game they created. I am sooo tired of hearing the same excuses that are then followed by long silences from EA and it's staff. We air our complaints and disappointments then we get the silent treatment in return. Meanwhile, over at the Sims Mobile studio, the EA team is handing out updates like candy. Yes, I understand that version of Sims4 is different from the PC and console versions. But the PC and console players are the ones dealing with bugs, shallow gameplay and missing content; and we're getting less and less the longer this drags on. If EA and it's teams of professionals cannot improve Sims4 in any way that is unique and adds new, deeper and meaningful gameplay, I doubt Sims5 will be little more than a repeat of everything we have experienced in the years since Sims4 was released.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    No. I'd rather they just keep improving and adding to TS4. I'm still enjoying the game a lot and I really don't want to start over again for what will be basically the same game with nothing more than a few changes here and there. I've done it four times now already. Also I very much doubt that TS5 will ever be an improvement on TS4, not while EA is involved and talk of online play is still being thrown around.