Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*?

There's been a lot of rumors going around about the Sims 5, lots of people saying that work has already been started on the next generation game or work will be started on it soon. There's a lot of debate on whether people actually want the Sims 5 yet though or whether we'd prefer the Sims 4 to carry on for the upcoming years so I wanted to see what opinion is on these forums!
Do you want a Sims 5 game in the next few years (yes on poll) or would you rather we stick to the sims 4 for now? (no on poll)

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*? 425 votes

Yes
32%
auroraael14CK213catmom1987JeanGRIMMYwindweaverrudy8292brackencat31winkeljohn78AlexaiBloodC24Colorist40overonelanorbretonfriendlysimmersANNETTE1951DevSims91JestTruMoon_Willowmock68 140 votes
No
67%
Akl500PBluegayleFrn0731bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlLeGardePourpreGoth583GalacticGalIcewolfLaBlue0314CheesySimsLoverLadyInBlackjeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111IceyJSimmervilleaprilrosesims2freak737TWSimGamer82 285 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2020
    No
    For me personally, I don't want a Sims 5 game just yet, my biggest worry is if they make something now it'll just be a reskinned Sims 4 or it'll be painfully slow like the Sims 3. The computer market has hugely died down in recent years, most Sims players nowadays aren't passionate gamers and either have an old PC or a cheap PC. Most players computers can't even handle the Sims 3 so I don't see open world + good graphics being possible for a Sims game yet and if it wasn't open world there would be barely any difference with the Sims 4.
    Maybe in 5 years or so computers would be able to handle better graphics and open-world, but for now it just wouldn't work so I don't want the Sims 5 yet.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Where is the 'I really don't care', or 'I wanna test Paralives first' on your poll? Cause that's how I feel :/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    No. I want Sims 2 remastered ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2020
    No. I want Sims 2 remastered ;)

Remastered by TS4 team? PLEEEEEASE tell me you're trolling! Pleeeeeease tell me the wink was the definite sign you were trolling :D
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    No
    No, Sims 5 will be a raw game, which will only have basic content stuff in it, again. I have no desire to wait several years until I have weather effects, magic and toddlers back in the game, again.

But if they release a sims 5 with more content than expected, like creating your own world and place your own plots or include more from things in the basic game (and don't put these things in addons), I would change my mind. But no, I don't think that this will be happen. Not with ea in the back.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No
    If and when Sims 5 ever comes out, I won't be adding it to my collection, unless they seriously WOW me in the very beginning.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes
    There are a few more worlds and gameplay features I want in TS4 before moving on, but ultimately yes because I’m also tired of TS4 lol.

But what I really want is a competitive life simulator game, and I’m interested in the development of Paralives 👀
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    No
    Honestly, I just want them to add some more onto TS4 at the moment; I want some time to play what I've spent money on before moving on to something new. 🙂
  • Options
    SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    No
    Sims 4 is so unfinished yet so I would like to saw it to be complete first. But maybe, if Sims 5 will be far more better than Sims 4 I don't see any reason why we need to wait longer with bad game. (or worse)
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I'd like more *simulation* in my life simulator. I'm not nostalgic about previous versions.
  • Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    No
    I like Sims 4 ... I just want more expansions that add more gameplay. Eventually maybe they can even create tools that allow us to edit the worlds or even make new ones (who knows...). That sounds better than a brand new game + a whole new set of expansions and packs to buy.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    It completely depends on the sims 5. Does it have all the essential gameplay I need in a base game.

I am having fun with sims 4 and spent more than enough money on various packs. I am OK with sims 4 going on for now.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No, because I highly doubt it would be an improvement over TS4. I think they need to spend several years (maybe 6) developing TS5 if they want it to be a vast improvement over 4.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    I wanted sims 5 the day after I played sims 4.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Yes
    Other game studios have invested a lot in developing and improving their games and the result makes for some great looking games that runs really well, without requiring a powerful PC.

They also have no loading times, no lag, and they also have realistic and detailed animations.

I think it is time for life simulator games to follow. With the tech that we have seen from other studios I think Maxis could make a sims5 that has a lot of what people are asking for.

If Maxis has a game like that in the works, and it is ready for release, then yes. I want a sims5. I don't think we will see any larger changes when it comes to the sims4, and I don't want to keep playing a 6 year old game when other franchises are moving forward.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes
    I would if it's better and not online, but if Paralives is better I'm gone.
  • Options
    OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes for Sims 5 because I feel the Sims 4 engine has limited what the developers can do, and also limits what functions they can give ourselves.

1. The engine is so limited we do not have truly functional neighbourhoods.

Apart from the obvious: wouldn't you like to access all parts of a neighbourhood (or indeed world...) without loading?

How about: wouldn't you like to see townies doing something other than mindlessly walking around the pavements? Wouldn't you like to see each houses families just doing their own thing, whether having a family drama, mowing their lawn or having backyard parties autonomously without the need for the game system to send out invites. Basically, you as the player should chance on things. If you don't accept the invite, the event still plays out.

Saying that the player can create such events doesn't appreciate that leads to boredom. The game should have the capability to play out all townies lives to the same functionality as the played sim without needing the players input, the game in this engine therefore cannot run its own simulation.

Also, if neighbourhoods functioned well, you wouldn't need rotational gameplay, the NPCs could then truly surprise you.

Neighbourhoods in essence do not have enough micro-activity. Neighbours don't pop out to the supermarket, you don't see them carrying groceries along, you don't see delivery vans (i'm surprised theres no Amazon colaboration...). You don't have the next door neighbours kid autonomously knocking on the door to ask your kid to go for a bike ride or to the arcade. You don't have 1950s housewives knocking on each others back doors to bring cake. You only have nieghbours calling you to go to the karoke bar!

2. We also do not have the ability to design our own worlds, draw our own roads, or determine where exactly lots should be. But with this one I don't think EA wants us to have this ability as people won't buy packs.

3. Build mode - i'm happy with build mode in sims 4, it almost seems like they designed build mode only and adding a game to it was an afterthought.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Orangemon wrote: »
    Neighbourhoods in essence do not have enough micro-activity. Neighbours don't pop out to the supermarket, you don't see them carrying groceries along, you don't see delivery vans (i'm surprised theres no Amazon colaboration...). You don't have the next door neighbours kid autonomously knocking on the door to ask your kid to go for a bike ride or to the arcade. You don't have 1950s housewives knocking on each others back doors to bring cake. You only have neighbours calling you to go to the karoke bar!

There is no supermarket in TS4 and groceries are being bought directly from the fridge. If you have good relationship with your neighbours they do show up at your door and call to invite your sim over to their house. Also, I've noticed that other sims like to invite your sim to places that you have visited more often, so you do get invited to other places not just the karaoke bar. I've had santa call my sim to invite to the gym because they became gym buddies.

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No
    Sims 4 does what I need it to do and it does it reasonably well. I'm content. If there will be Sims 5, I'll wait for vampires (please do it like in sims 4 or better), otherwise the game will hold little meaning to me and i'll just stick to sims 4
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I really don't care. I refuse to purchase any new game at launch anyway, so it will not matter.
  • Options
    slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    Yes
    As much as I would love a Sims 5 I feel there is still way to much that needs done to The Sims 4 still. That being said I would also like to see them take to time to make sure The Sims 5 doesn't repeat the same mistakes that was made in the Sims 4, so I am all for it being in development as long as what needs fixed in the current game is addressed for now.
  • Options
    delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    No
    I only just started playing the sims 4. Plus I would like to see them finish fixing the issues left in the sims 3 and sims 4 rather than just move on to yet another sims game that when they don't finish fixing all the bugs from the ones that came before it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Yes
    Unless they try to force some sort of multi-player/co-op game on us.
    Then the answer would be no.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    No
    Absolutely not, the Sims 4 still has endless possibilities and it runs like a dream. I'd hate to go back to a bare bones game
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited April 2020
    No
    Not yet. We still don't have werewolves in TS4, sims still can't recline on a bed or a couch (Ya'll did it for lounge chairs, so I know it can be done!), Child and Toddler sims still don't have access to the whole other half of the hair colors in the game, people are still waiting on Teens and Elders to get expanded on, and we still don't have paintable ceilings. So, yeah, TS4 needs to be finished first, THEN we can talk about a new game.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.