Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Interactions Mechanic needs major tuning

InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I see this problem in this game that no one or barely anyone noticed this. The whole social mechanic is becoming another problem and it's killing the flow of the gameplay. The Sims's certain social interactions autonomously becoming too frequently that is really a chore to force yourself to stop the interaction while the Sims is doing their business. Mostly the hugging cause of the greeting system is messed up, the Sims remembers it for a day or a couple of minutes later and later it forgets that they greeted (even in households) to do the hugging again. And when Sims talk to each other when sitting, one of the social interactions does your Sim to get up of the chair and do the action on the other Sim. And that's not right, it feels weird to do that. Teens and young adults are more prone to this cause extra interactions that came in patches and packs, it's not helping. I'm talking about these interactions that has footprints in the pie menu. Which is the thing that I'm talking about the actions.

Hpjw1Pj.png
(Yes, I use mods, but the mods are not the point of this thread.)

Why the musical chair bug is still going on? It's not the Sims how they sit, it's the autonomous interactions of the socials that requires to get up and do this is the main core of the problem. In Dine Out, this also happens in restaurants why Sims (and NPC's) can't stay seated for too long because of the social mechanic bug happening too frequently.

And the other major reason why Sims' actions just stop in the middle of the situation? The freaking autonomous chat. They get up and go the other Sim nearby or another room just to talk. This is also another problem when Sims get food or drink, they go to the Sim [no matter how far away or is another floor] to whom you're close to like a family member or friend even if relationships are low.

I think the team needs a major fix on the greeting and the whole autonomous social interactions mechanic so your Sims don't bother other Sims's activities to a full stop and not breaking the flow of gameplay. Like not making the social interactions that require not getting up autonomously. This issue is still going for many years from the start.

There are other issues with the social mechanic like the social need filling is too slow/not very fillable and the situation changing too oddly like after a fight they go back idle chatting which is not realistic. They need to fix that too, like pronto cause it's killing the gameplay flow and realism.
Post edited by InsaneStar on

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm 100% behind you on that. AND we're talking about TS4 right, with what it implies in terms of A.I. (cavemen vs TS1 2 and 3 rocket scientists)
    How infuriating is it to HAVE TO GREET a friend at the night club, just to talk to them. Buuuut, TS4 sims, am I right? The person you greet will forget they were dancing and idle, cause that's what they do best.
    Food event on Sulani? Let's eat first, then take our plate in our right hand to 'Hug hello' somebody, then sit back down...

It wasn't there by 'Get Together' time. Who had this BRILLIANT idea?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    Long before hug lovingly (which I never saw in my game btw three years ago) has been there all along, autonomously but without a name for it. Sims going up and down stairs to hug somebody in the same household, several times a day. I see the hug lovingly interaction just adds another yet annoying layer to it. It's always been a problem and mentioned thousands of times. The getting up to talk to another Sim (no matter what it is about) has been a problem in this game for six years. It's been mentioned thousands of times, though you may call it something else, most of us who can't stand it since day one have called it Musical Chairs. The fighting then going back to laughing and mucking it up as if nothing ever happened has been complained about a thousand times since day one. It's the number one deal breaker for players who feel the game is passive aggressive> like when cheaters cheat in front of spouse and though someone might get angry the other Sim will laugh and talk with both cheaters or even if enemy fights arch enemy the Sim will want to be friends and hug them....it's a problem since the TS4 release. Six long years of it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    This is a huge issue. I loved the way @InsaneStar put it "musical chairs" because that's so describing. The running around on and off lot while trying to socialize is crazy at worst. Trying to herd the sims into having a good conversation is annoying. I have used playing chess a lot for that purpose but now that is also broken by a bug, sadly.

Really hope for some attention for these issues in the future.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I have a mod which is meant to help reduce a lot of the "musical chairs" caused by the need for sims to greet each other with an autonomous action you can't cancel before they can chat. If you're on PC/Mac and use mods, you can find it at: Chat Greeting Tweaks.