Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tempted to reinstall Sims 2... what to do with CC?

Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
As title says, I'm tempted to reinstall Sims 2. I have a few items of CC (mainly clothing), which comes from Mod the Sims, as well as some items I recoloured using Body Shop. I wouldn't want all the CC I'd downloaded. Would it be easiest just to go back to Mod the Sims and re-download the bits of CC I do want?

I have a couple of story/family ideas already. I really hope the reinstall works and I'm able to play again! I haven't played for well over a year...

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    I guess it would be easier if you don't have your CC organized. I don't have mine all organized. :lol:
    If you only want a small amount and you know what it all is or want to find some new stuff, I'd go redownload.
  • EdoodEdood Posts: 4 New Member
    Mod The Sims IS the best place for mods, custom content, and etc.
    If you're looking for defaults, here's a useful link:
    https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Before extracting files into your Downloads folder make a new folder on your desktop then extract the downloaded stuff into it. Name it whoever made the custom content or the name of the Mesh number or who made the hairmesh etc. Then drag that folder over into your downloads folder. This way you will always be organized and not have to find a bunch of recolors, one by one, if you ever want rid of it and the meshes etc. Do this for everything you download, that way you will have things in the Download folder in nice neat folders you can drag in and out if you don't want a mod an object and or a hair mesh and it's colors etc. I stopped doing this awhile back and unfortunately not much was organized like I used to do it (the way I just stated) and had to sort for weeks. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I ended up downloading some stuff I’d had previously and liked, as well as new stuff. It’s not a particularly organised folder but oh well :D
  • LibrartistLibrartist Posts: 1 New Member
    I am new to this Forum but not The SIMS. I have been playing SIMS since the very first game appeared. I played nonstop SIMS 2 and expansion packs until SIMS 3 when you had to buy extras with real money. 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Hard to buy $$$ when we were all used to getting things for free or using sim play money. Is SIMS 4 the same way? If I go back to playing again I guess I have to go back to SIMS 2 that has free extras. Right?