Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires don't break in anymore?

I heard that they used to break in a lot. I just got my vampire pack a week ago and there is no break in at all. My sims live alone and i tried to make her sleep before 12AM. Any suggestion to make the break in happen? I'm very curious.

Comments

• Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    Try getting your sim to interact with the vampire pack first (i.e. research vampire lore on the computer)
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    If you have city living move into an apartment. The vampires im game were always breaking in, that was kind of annoying. Outside the first neighbor who is knocking on your door during the night is also a vampire.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I believe the frequency of vampires breaking in was toned down in a patch some time ago. I bought the pack myself a couple of months ago and have only had one break in (apart from vampires visiting the dorms at University but that wasn't quite the same). :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sadly, vampire break-ins were gutted almost into oblivion because people who didn't even want vampires in their games and bought the pack anyway complained to the developers enough for them to tone them down so much that they rarely happen anymore :( If you have MCCC, you can trigger a vampire break-in at the mailbox, but I know that this kinda goes against the "surprise" aspect of the break-ins (also, the option doesn't even work for me, I always just get an error message, might need to get a newer version of the mod or smth).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Now that you mention it... I can't say I remember a break-in happening in quite some time. I have noticed them standing on the porch during the night and lurking there until morning. But, they don't break in.
    I mean, it's nice when you don't want them to, but I'm sure it would be annoying if that's what you were hoping/waiting for.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2020
    My vampires are boring. They used to break in sometimes but sadly I think they possibly got stealth nerfed. I haven't had a single break in for at least a year or so now. I do occasionally see them loitering on door steps waiting for an invite in like some kind of lost puppy though. It's sad that they don't break in anymore, I miss it.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Has anyone had a townie vampire turn their sims without being asked first? This has never happened in my save games to date.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In regard to the vampires on the porch, none of the premades have the power for breaking in, at least in my games. Any time I've had a breakin has been a townie vamp. Those tend to get the break in power and are sometimes immune to garlic. But I plant garlic farms out front anyway.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    edited April 2020
    In regard to the vampires on the porch, none of the premades have the power for breaking in, at least in my games. Any time I've had a breakin has been a townie vamp. Those tend to get the break in power and are sometimes immune to garlic. But I plant garlic farms out front anyway.

In mine, both, all premades, and added/custom-made have done it, but very rarely at regular house, as someone mentioned already, in CL apartments, they visit pretty often. (PLEASE , peeps, do not tell the devs, I really do not want that to be toned down too).
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks guys! It’s so sad to hear that they tuned it down. Devs have to understand that not 100% of simmers hate the break in, occult lovers pay for the game too! The ability to toggle break in on and off should be added :'(
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I'm not always into the occult, but I miss this surprise from vamps, especially the pre-made vamps. I hope beyond hope they'll remove some of the nerf someday.
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Oddly enough I didn’t have any for a long time until I had a single sim living in an apartment. She had two breakins. Maybe three but definitely two. I was like whoa because it had been so long.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    The only one I ever had wasn't really an actual break in. My sim was seeing him and gave him a key, it was wierd though. He wad just gone home and she was in her room about to go to bed. All of a sudden he was behind her, tapped her on her sholder and when she turnned around he bit her. Then he laughed and left again. Nothing like that has happened since.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited April 2020
    I do distinctly remember break-ins, but it seems that it has something to do with traits. Also, you will NEVER get invaded if you have a vampire in your household.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options

My latest game has corrected me! New family, so no ripe garllic for harvesting in any of the usual places. Vlad just came on in and chowed down on one of my sims while she was sleeping. Know that only by the sim evidence, as there were none of the usual preliminaries. Front and back doors were locked, but discovered during the investigation the house has 3. Couldn't find him at first, so saved game and then went to his place. That showed he was still at the scene of the crime so went there and checked. He still does not have either garlic immunity nor the ability to get past locked doors. Finally found him by the front door and very pleased with himself, too. Went back to victim family and via the victim's mate used MCC to conduct an executive action. Used death by sun though it was the very wee hours of the morning. Fried the slimeball right there on the porch. Grimmy came soon thereafter, cleaned house, and stuck around a while so my sims chatted him up a bit. Found out he's vegetarian, loves the outdoors, and his official job title is Reaper of Souls.

Needless to say, the garlic plantation will be in place ASAP!
  • Options
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    I do distinctly remember break-ins, but it seems that it has something to do with traits. Also, you will NEVER get invaded if you have a vampire in your household.

That must be a recent development. In the early days of the pack I had a mixed household, test vamp and regular sim. A townie vamp came on in and my awake at the time vamp had no interactions available to defend the other. Saved the day only by fast use of the instant turn cheat.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

My latest game has corrected me! New family, so no ripe garllic for harvesting in any of the usual places. Vlad just came on in and chowed down on one of my sims while she was sleeping. Know that only by the sim evidence, as there were none of the usual preliminaries. Front and back doors were locked, but discovered during the investigation the house has 3. Couldn't find him at first, so saved game and then went to his place. That showed he was still at the scene of the crime so went there and checked. He still does not have either garlic immunity nor the ability to get past locked doors. Finally found him by the front door and very pleased with himself, too. Went back to victim family and via the victim's mate used MCC to conduct an executive action. Used death by sun though it was the very wee hours of the morning. Fried the slimeball right there on the porch. Grimmy came soon thereafter, cleaned house, and stuck around a while so my sims chatted him up a bit. Found out he's vegetarian, loves the outdoors, and his official job title is Reaper of Souls.

Needless to say, the garlic plantation will be in place ASAP!

Nope, Vlad is the only vampire that breaks in now, and he only does it the once. Normally right after he introduces himself in the middle of the night he'll break in the following night. They stopped the break ins for all others because some people were whining so, no need to plant garlic unless you just really like fresh spaghetti. I haven't had a vamp break in since before October 2019.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've seen vampires lurking on the porch in the night, and if I let them in, all they do is go play on the computer. :/

I've seen 2 actually break in over the past year. Vlad once and he actually did have a snack on my sim. (I really do wish this would happen a little more, it's part of why I bought the pack...) The other was a vampire townie and she just broke in and took out the trash and left. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

Nope, Vlad is the only vampire that breaks in now, and he only does it the once. Normally right after he introduces himself in the middle of the night he'll break in the following night. They stopped the break ins for all others because some people were whining so, no need to plant garlic unless you just really like fresh spaghetti. I haven't had a vamp break in since before October 2019.

Not true, sorry to say this, other vampires do this aswell. :)

This picture is from march the 2nd March 2020. His name is Dirk Lambertz, Vlad still exists in my game. the character was bitten twice from two different vampires, unwanted.

ViU9Vps.png

• Options
    Arzekial wrote: »

Thing is, the usual introduction never happened. While Vlad has been the usual porch stander the Vatore duo, usually Lilith, have been as well. It's possible that patches subsequent to the reported toning down may have, deliberately or not, edged things closer to the old form. The garlic plantation, even if less necessary for protection, makes a handy side income with fresh crops coming every few days (I don't run Seasons).
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Daravi Wow, cool! That's never happened in my games, it's only been Vlad once in a great while. Not even the Vatores have done the bitey on my sims. I've never had a sim turned either (not without asking first, that is). *disappointed moodlet* ;)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I haven't had a vampire break in in over a year. It's ridiculous to me that I paid for VAMPIRES only for vampires to be nerfed because the reality club couldn't handle paying for VAMPIRES.

And yet, people keep crying for burglars...
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I haven't had a vampire break in in over a year. It's ridiculous to me that I paid for VAMPIRES only for vampires to be nerfed because the reality club couldn't handle paying for VAMPIRES.

Honestly this "logic" of buying an occult pack knowing you dont like occults and then getting mad when said occults are doing occult things baffles me to no end. If a player doesnt like occults okay then. But I, as well as you and many other players actually enjoy occults doing occult things in the occult packs we buy. And I personally dont appreciate it when occults end up getting nerfed and dont act to their fullest potential. I cant remember the last time a vampire broke in. I'd love it if my spellcasters automatically use their wands to make dinner instead of going to the stove. I want burglars too, but I have a feeling that they too will end up getting nerfed so they never appear or never steal anything worth over $100.
  • Options

Is it the reality club or the 'we want the game to be safe for our 8 year olds' club?

As for the burglars, I don't expect them to be added at this late point. If one doesn't like them the defense is easy, build/modify one's house to provide a vestibule & add the alarm. The vestibule will keep the thief from getting to anything before the cops come as they come quickly and the thief wastes time gloating and looking around.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Miss Hell broke in the other day to take out the trash o:)

18.04.20_22-41-235bjfl.png

Or maybe she just did it because all the members of her household are vampires :D

But yes, they've become rare. Although I must say that I play almost exclusively with vampire households. But these also have break-ins, as my pic proves ;) .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋