Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs Alpha for CAS, your opinion?

Comments

• MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    I used to download a lot of Alpha cc, but it never really looked right in games. Someone in a FB sims group I'm in always posts pictures of the prettiest Maxis Match sims and she posted a master MM cc list. When I got my new laptop I decided to go Maxis Match only.
  • ButterishButterish Posts: 255 Member
    I'm maxis mix. Why have one when you can have both?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Euphoria97 wrote: »
    How do ppl get the women's head so thin??? My sims male head always end up wide

On touchpad I use two fingers on the forehead (not the hair) and pull apart as though I’m stretching clay, to widen. To narrow, I bring my fingers closer together.

Back on topic, I love some of both. I don’t like it when alpha hair gets really thin and wispy and you can see brushstrokes, but there are some alpha hairs I really adore. In my main family, most of the characters have MM, but a few have alpha hair.

I couldn’t live without alpha eyes. I love them so much.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 56 Member
    Alpha for me. It's the hair. I cannot stand that awful clay looking hair. It's definitely been getting better with some of the packs/expansions but most of it just looks terrible (imo). I could 100% go MM for everything else though and have been considering it for a while but the hair... ugh, puts me off every time :(
  • JoradsonJoradson Posts: 9 New Member
    Maxis Match for life! I really love the cartoony aesthetics the sims has, as it gives me kind of nostalgia feels. I feel like a kid playing with dolls again and IDK, I really enjoy that haha! I was never really a fan of other games that had the same type of looks as Alpha CC ('think IMVU or secondlife and stuff), and I also was not a fan of TS3 (:O big shocker). There are some Alpha CC items that looks okay with MM, but it's very limited. If I would every download Alpha, it probably be decorational like posters or other wall decals! :)
  • ModydoggaModydogga Posts: 1 New Member
    I like Alpha because they look like real people.
  • That1RandomPersonThat1RandomPerson Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally don't like to have a lot of cc in my game, so whatever I do have needs to look good next to everything else. Maxis Match for me, except eyelashes, because MM Eyelashes don't seem to exist.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I usually prefer MM for TS4, just because it fits better with the game. I don't mind some Alpha stuff, but a lot of the time it looks weird and stands out like a sore thumb. Male alpha hairs are often really nice and I use them a lot, but female ones look wirey and weird a lot of the time. Alpha clothing is usually too scandalous for me aswell, everything seems to be cleavage this, mini skirt that, not my thing at all.
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    I am def an alpha girl! It started with the hair, every time I tried to make my irl family I could never get a long curly hair for my sister so Id look to cc and once I get those beautiful hairs in my game its a wrap. Ive recently went deeper into the alpha realm its all so pretty, now maxis style looks blah to me lol. I dont prefer to go ultra realistic with my sims ( i dont want them looking like real humans) but def alpha all the way
    VbXPSzu.png
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    I use both. I usually go for alpha skins and makeup with maxis match clothes and hair. I also like how maxis match matches everything, alpha cc usually loos to different from the game.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    > @That1RandomPerson said:
    > I personally don't like to have a lot of cc in my game, so whatever I do have needs to look good next to everything else. Maxis Match for me, except eyelashes, because MM Eyelashes don't seem to exist.

I found some maxis match eyelashes. They're available for all ages and are skin details. https://radeu.tumblr.com/post/614767691710988288/mm-3d-eyelashes-skindetail-i-made-these-for (Radeu Maxis Match Eyelashes)
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • RandomSims4AddictRandomSims4Addict Posts: 8 New Member
    I personally prefer Maxis Match CC, because they fit in with the game. Also, I feel like when NPCs wear alpha content, they look weird. However, I do sometimes use Alpha CC ( for example, I always use Alpha eyelashes).
  • johnnieleemjjohnnieleemj Posts: 2 New Member
    I became a fan of Alpha because when trying to make myself, it was very hard to do so w/ the MM cc I was finding. Alpha CC creators that I was finding had the right kind of hair to match mine as well as skin details, that look realistic like mine.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I'm an Alpha fan. In my opinion Alpha CC looks better. The texture is more realistic and it looks more beautiful.
    Alpha CC is irresistibly beautiful to me.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2020
    I use a mix, always MM hair because I want all the sims in the world to be either one or the other and I don't have the patience to maintain every random NPC. But I've ended up with quite a lot of alpha BB and some clothing. I find it's necessary to be careful with alpha clothing because a lot of it looks great in pictures but terrible when you get it into the game (although I've experienced that with MM too, it just seems more frequent with alpha). I've been playing around with some alpha skin details lately just to see if I like doing it, and I almost always have some kind of realistic default eyes because I hate the flat blank look of the base ones.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I really don't like the looks of Alpha, not just in comparison with the game, if the game was designed completely in the Alpha style I still wouldn't like it. I'm def. Maxis Match fan but I don't use it in game myself, I don't enjoy using CC but when others use it I really love how Maxis Match looks
  • RavioliWusGoodRavioliWusGood Posts: 19 Member
    I way prefer Maxis Match, it looks cleaner to me!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I like some Alpha stuff like jewelry, but alpha skins often get way too detailed and uncanny valley. It gets to the point where they look less like sims and more like a forensic recreation of a Jane Doe or John Doe from the NamUs database.

I mostly just use Maxis Match because it fits with the game’s style and I like the clay hair.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I use Alpha CC mostly. Looks better in my opinion.
    He/Him
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    I like both alpha and maxis match. I used to use alpha everything, then I had to switch pcs and I decided that I would make the switch to maxis match. I use a lot of alpha clothes and accessories but maxis match hair and skin details.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say Maxis match but I actually like quality work with detail don't care for blobs of clay hair.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I like maxis match because everything blends well together. Alpha kinda gives me creepy vibes idk. Maybe the realism unsettles me.
  • AthenaApollosAthenaApollos Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm Maxis-Mix. I like Alpha for certain things and certain saves and MM for others. Generally, I prefer Alpha to MM; however, EA is starting to up their game when creating objects and CAS items. I use a lot of newer EA items even in my Alpha CC saves.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    I just wish there was alpha pet fur…
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Maxis Match. Seen a lot cute cc now and it just fits in with the game. Alpha rarely works right on my laptop, tends to have bigger file sizes and would have to change basically every sim to get them all to blend in and not stand out, so MM is just easier for me and on my computer.