Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stranded - A Multi-Household/Rotation Survival Gameplay Challenge

gr5kD0s.png

A Multi-Household/Rotation Survival Gameplay Challenge

I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the front line of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive

- Soldier of Love - Sade

Your Sim decided to treat themselves to an amazing cruise after going through a tough time in their life.
They wanted to reinvent themselves, find some adventure, and have some space to sort out their feelings.
Little did they know, they were going to get exactly what they wanted and more...

The cruise ship, due to unforeseen circumstances, proceeded to blow up and sink in the middle of an ocean storm.

Your Sim washes up on shore along with some of the wreckage. They don't see anyone else along the beach.
They set out to build a small camp with what they could find and try to figure out what to do next.

ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
Post edited by undressyourbones on

Comments

• undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2020
    R82StLB.png

Packs Needed
    WYr5HBi.png?1AcRHrEB.png?1

You don't need these packs per-say. This is more for the atmosphere and 'realism'.
    If you don't have these packs, you can start on any world map and make it more of apocalyptic gameplay instead of a being stranded on a deserted island. You may need to tweak some things though.

You can use this sheet to help keep track of the challenge if you like : Google Sheet

Setup
    • Either make or use a blank save where everyone in Sulani is evicted and all lots are bulldozed. (download blank save here.)
    • You can either keep the households you evicted or delete all of them and have Sims create random Sims for you.
    • Start in the Summer Time if you have Seasons.
    • Turn off 'Populate Empty Houses'
    • Set Auto-Age On for your sim and unplayed households.
    • Create your starter Sim. They can be a Teenager/YA/Adult or Senior. Make all their outfits exactly the same as they only have the clothes on their back for now. (Their swimming outfit can be different as it's essentially them in their 'underwear')
    • This starter Sim is considered to be in a Leader Role. (See 'Roles' Post) Because of this, their aspiration must be one associated with that Role. With their traits, 2 of their traits have to be the traits associated with that Role.
    • Your Sim comes with a Tent & a Campfire + Special Item Associated with the Leader Role. (See 'Roles' post)
    • Move into the 20 x 20 Tangled Flat lot in Ohan'Ali Town. You can decorate it with whatever foliage you want, but foliage only. No furniture except for the campfire, tent and bathroom bush(Get Together/Jungle Adventure.)

(If you don't have the Outdoor Retreat or Island living packs, you can move into any small lot and you can use a BBQ + 1 bed. You can also hide a toilet in the bushes because I don't think it's fair that a Sim can't use the bathroom in any type of foliage lol.)

edited April 2020
    hQPkx9W.png
    Goal : Rebuild All 3 Islands of Sulani
    • Ohan'ali Town
      01. Unlock All Lots in Ohan'ali Town.
      02. All 32 Sims in Ohan'ali Town at LVL 5 for all skills associated with their Roles.
    • Lani St. Taz
      01. Unlock All Lots on Lani St. Taz Island.
      02. All 24 Sims on Lani St. Taz Island at LVL 5 for all skills associated with their Roles.
    • Mua Pel'am
      01. Unlock All Lots on Mua Pel'am
      02. All 16 Sims on Mua Pel'am Island at LVL 5 for all skills associated with their Roles.

'Find' other survivors and rebuild the islands of Sulani to be your own new world.

To start off, you have only one Sim you can control which is the Sim you start with. This Sim is automatically put into the Leader Role. Your Leader Sim has to level up certain skills to 'discover' or unlock other Sim survivors with different roles. It is then that you can rotate between these Sims however you wish.

You cannot unlock other lots or lot types without leveling up other Sims in different roles.

You have to build up your entourage of Sims of different roles and level them all up to unlock different lots, lot types and even furniture in order to make a new life on this Island.

After you beat the challenge, you now have a world of Diverse Sims that you created!
    You can now go in-depth and play them to complete their aspirations if you'd like after completing this challenge.
    edited April 2020
    WmpT4N4.png

There are 5 Key Roles in this Game:

• Leaders * your starter Sim starts in this role.
    • Collectors
    • Caretakers
    • Protectors
    • Builders
    • Crafters

'Aspirations', 'Skills' & 'Traits' are associated with different roles.

There can only be 1 Leader on each Island.

* I only included Base game Aspirations/Skills/ & Traits just in case someone didn't have these packs
    ** You can move around which aspirations/skills/traits are associated with what roles if you don't like how I've separated them
    *** You can include aspirations/skills/traits from other packs to this list if you wish.

0yb4FQa.png
    Special Item: Chess Table + Chair
    Aspirations
    • Public Enemy
    • Chief of Mischief
    • Fabulously Wealthy
    • Party Animal
    • Big Happy Family
    Traits
    • Ambitious
    • Childish
    • Clumsy
    • Bro
    • Mean
    • Non-Committal
    Skills
    • Charisma
    • Mischief
    • Mixology
    lTE7egG.png
    Special Item: Worktable
    Aspirations
    • Master Chef
    • Master Mixologist
    • Freelance Botanist
    • Angling Ace
    Traits
    • Self-Assured
    • Art Lover
    • Foodie
    • Kleptomaniac
    • Lazy
    • Squeamish
    • Outgoing
    Skills
    • Cooking/Gourmet Cooking
    • Fishing
    • Gardening
    Ap6r2jR.png
    Special Item: Cooler (Fridge if you don't have Outdoor Retreat)
    Aspirations
    • The Curator
    • Renaissance Sim
    • Nerd Brain
    • Computer Whiz
    Traits
    • Hot-Headed
    • Romantic
    • Geek
    • Slob
    • Loner
    Skills
    • Handiness/Woodworking
    • Video Gaming
    • Logic
    ITX75rv.png
    Special Item: Punching Bag + All Clothes Unlocked
    Aspirations
    • Musical Genius
    • Bestselling Author
    • The Curator
    • Vegetarian
    • Painter Extraordinaire
    Traits
    • Creative
    • Genius
    • Gloomy
    • Bookworm
    • Snob
    Skills
    • Painting
    • Programming
    • Writing Skill
    3uv69xK.png
    Special Item: Easel
    Aspirations
    • Serial Romantic
    • Soulmate
    • Joke Star
    • Friend of the World
    Traits
    • Goofball
    • Music Lover
    • Perfectionist
    • Glutton
    • Neat
    • Family Oriented
    Skills
    • Guitar
    • Piano
    • Violin
    jbj4PmT.png
    Special Item: Guitar
    Aspirations
    • Bodybuilder
    • Sucessful Lineage
    • Mansion Baron
    Traits
    • Active
    • Cheerful
    • Erratic
    • Loves Outdoors
    • Materialistic
    • Evil
    Skills
    • Fitness
    • Charisma
    • Comedy
    edited April 2020
    WoetZX2.png

When you first start, roles, certain items, lots and lot types are locked

See below for how to unlock these roles, items, lots, lot types and other survivors.

3Z5XfT6.png

Only your Starter Leader Sim can unlock Roles. Other Sims in other Roles cannot unlock Roles.

When a Leader unlocks a Role for the first time, you get a Sim now assigned to that role + 1x whatever Special Item is associated with that role. (See 'Roles Post'). This Sim can look however you want and be a Teenager/YA/Adult/Senior. You must assign them Aspirations + 2 Traits associated with their Role.
    • Collector Role: Your Leader Sim has to be LVL 3 of at least 1 of the Skills associated with the Collector Role.
    • Builder: Your Leader Sim has to be LVL 3 of at least 1 of the Skills associated with the Builder Role.
    • Crafter: Your Leader Sim has to be LVL 3 of at least 1 of the Skills associated with the Crafter Role.
    • Caregiver: Your Leader Sim has to be LVL 3 of at least 1 of the Skills associated with the Caregiver Role.
    • Protector: Your Leader Sim has to be LVL 3 of at least 1 of the Skills associated with the Protector Role.

OC53lu5.png

You unlock furniture by leveling up the different Sims in different roles you unlocked as the Leader.

Some furniture is already auto-unlocked when you unlock a Role.

When the furniture is unlocked, it's an unlimited quantity of that furniture and anyone can use it on that specific Island.

Leader
    LVL 5 Mischief: All Electronics
    LVL 5 Charisma: All Skill Items (not books)

Collector
    Auto Unlocked: Counters + Cabinents + Shelves + Trashcans
    LVL 3 Fishing: Plants + Small Appliances + Garden Boxes
    LVL 3 Cooking: Large Cooking Appliances

Builder
    Auto Unlocked: Walls + Floors + Doors + Windows + Foundations + Roofs + Columns
    LVL 3 Handiness/Woodworking: Tables + Chairs (Indoor Category)
    LVL 3 Logic: Beds + Dressers

Crafter
    Auto Unlocked: Paint Colors + Floor Tiles
    LVL 3 Painting: Curtains + Rugs
    LVL 3 Writing: Decorations

Caregiver
    Auto Unlocked: Baby/Toddler/Kid Furniture
    LVL 3 Guitar: Plumbing
    LVL 3 Piano: Couches + Loung Chairs

Protector
    Auto Unlocked: Lighting + Books
    LVL 3 Fitness: Outdoor Furniture

lz2yDxA.png

There are two ways to unlock more Sims:

01.Leveling Up Different Roles
    When a Sim in a Role levels up one of their Associated Skills to LVL 5, they unlock a Sim in their Role. 1 Sim can only unlock 1 Sim. If that Sim reaches LVL 5 in another associated skill, it does not unlock another Sim. The Sim unlocked can have the skill that unlocked them in the first place set to LVL 5 as a perk. Again, the unlocked Sim can look however you want and be a Teenager/YA/Adult/Senior.

02.Having Children
    You can also unlock a Sim by having children. If 2 parents of Different Roles have children, flip a coin to see what Role they become. If the Leader has a child, it automatically has the role of the Non-Leader parent. When the child becomes an adult, you can set 1 of the skills associated with that role to LVL 5. They can look however you want and when they become of age where they have normal traits, assign them traits and aspirations that have to do with their Role.

Yj6m0SR.png

Every Island has different assigned lots. You cannot travel or build on these lots until they are unlocked.
    You unlock those lots in different ways.

Ohan'ali Town: 6 Lots
    1 Beach Lot: Unlocked when the other Non-Beach Lots are unlocked.
    4 Residential Lots: When you run out of room in one residential lot, that unlocks another residential lot
    1 Community Lot: When all residential lots are unlocked. (All Community Lot Specific Furniture is unlocked for this Lot when it is unlocked.)

Lani St. Taz : 5 Lots
    3 Residential Lots: When you run out of room in one residential lot, that unlocks another residential lot.
    1 Community Lot: When all residential lots are unlocked. (All Community Lot Specific Furniture is unlocked for this Lot when it is unlocked.)

Mua Pel'am: 3 Lots
    2 Residential: When you run out of room in one residential lot, that unlocks another residential lot.

fbUg8Hh.png

To travel to another island, you must have first completed the previous island's goals.

Only 1 of your original 5 (This is not including the Leader) can travel to the island and bring along 2 special items of their choosing. (along with their tent+campfire)

You can start on any lot. Again, you can decorate with whatever foliage you want, but only foliage.

There, your OG Sim meets someone new who has their own camp setup. (campfire +tent) Again, this new Sim can be a Teen/YA/Adult/Senior and look however you want. This new Sim is the New Leader so they must have aspirations and traits associated with the Leader Role. They also get the Special Item associated with their Role.

You will have to level up this new Leader Sim to discover other Sims in other roles and re-unlock items to survive on this island just as your Starter Sim did on the previous island.

The 1 OG sim that traveled to this island cannot use their auto unlocked furniture until the new leader 'unlocks' their role.

Ohan'ali Town
    Already unlocked. First Island you start on.

Lani St. Taz
    01. Unlock All Lots in Ohan'ali Town.
    02. All 32 Sims in Ohan'ali Town at LVL 5 for all skills associated with their Roles.

Mua Pel'am
    01. Unlock All Lots on Lani St. Taz Island.
    02. All 24 Sims on Lani St. Taz Island at LVL 5 for all skills associated with their Roles.

edited April 2020
    sp0qUAH.png
    Rules
    • Money has no place here. You can have as much money or as little money because that is not something that decides on whether you get something or not.
    • Preferred that you don't use skill/needs cheats
    • You cannot move onto another island until all lots are built on the island you are currently on.
    • You cannot build on another lot or move to another lot until you fulfill all requirements to do so.
    • You cannot change any of the Sim's roles.
    • You cannot use the beach supplies machines or eat food from the vendors.
    • Your Sims can socialize with people that are not part of your households that you see running around. You can add these sims to your household if you follow the Leveling Up Different Roles Rule in the "Unlock Sims" Section of the "Unlocks Post". You will have to assign this Sim a Role and change their aspirations and traits to match their new Role.
    • Your Sim does have a solar-powered, waterproof (lol) phone, but cannot text or call anyone... You can, however, still play games and take pictures!
    • You can make things harder by increasing the LVL needed to unlock things, but I found this was repetitive and got old quick for me.
    • Careers are not important in this challenge, but Sims can have them if it adds to your gameplay.

Feel free to twist and turn things for your gameplay and story needs!
    Kind of an extensive challenge, but I had fun playing it.

Going to create and link an excel sheet soon to help keep track of some of the moving parts of this challenge.
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    I've been lurking your progress as you brought this challenge to us today. It looks incredibly detailed and exciting. :smiley:
    SimmingKim wrote: »
    I've been lurking your progress as you brought this challenge to us today. It looks incredibly detailed and exciting. :smiley:

Thank you :D
    I hope others enjoy playing this challenge.
  • nikki324nikki324 Posts: 72 Member
    I've just started this challenge and made a copy of your spreadsheet. I'm really enjoying it so far but just want to check and make sure I'm understanding it right. Once you've unlocked one of each role the only way to add more sims is having children right?

Also just FYI - on the spreadsheet the builder role doesn't unlock when you put in level 3 skill like I think it should.
    nikki324 wrote: »
    I've just started this challenge and made a copy of your spreadsheet. I'm really enjoying it so far but just want to check and make sure I'm understanding it right. Once you've unlocked one of each role the only way to add more sims is having children right?

Also just FYI - on the spreadsheet the builder role doesn't unlock when you put in level 3 skill like I think it should.

Thank you so much, I've fixed the sheet.

There are 2 ways to get additional Sims after unlocking each role.

You can unlock by having children or when a Sim other than the Leader levels up a skill associated with their role.

When that Sim levels up a skill associated with their role, you can add a Sim of that same role. You can only do this once per Sim though. So if one of your Sims levels up a skill and you add a Sim, you can't level up another one of their associated skills to add another Sim.

So it's a 1:1 ration.

Hopefully I worded that okay and it makes sense ....

Thank you so much for playing my challenge!!
  • arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    I just found your challenge and I think I'm going to give it a shot! It is clear that you put a lot of time and effort into this, which makes it oh-so better. I will definitely be providing updates, thank you for sharing this with the community!
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • TripsmamaTripsmama Posts: 1 New Member
    I just completed my first lot. I have a question. How do I start the next lot? Do I start over with one sim or just fill it with eight and work on skills? I couldn't find it in the rules. Thank you! Enjoying this challenge.
    @Tripsmama I'm so glad you're enjoying the challenge!
    Sorry for the late reply.

If you want to go to another lot, it would depend on what kind of lot it is and what island you're on:

4 Residential Lots: When you run out of room in one residential lot, that unlocks another residential lot

Basically the order is you complete the residential lots first, then the community lot, and then the beach lot.

Hopefully that makes sense.
  • Suesimmer1Suesimmer1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone documented their play of this? If yes would you share? I would love to watch or read some play of this. This sounds like a fantastic challenge!!