Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF a mod to change career clothing?

My sim is in the criminal path and her outfit is atrocious! It's a mix of a t-shirt, a bikini bottom, socks, pantyhose, and some accessories for sailor moon like the broach and gloves. I can't change it in game without mods and I was wondering if there was a mod that let you change her career outfit. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    Thanks alot I'll try that cheat out and see if it helps my sim looks silly in this outfit.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Or if you want a mod, there's this one that I use - works well:

https://www.srslysims.net/2019/11/plan-career-outfit-mod.html
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

Thanks for this. With certain careers sims get new career outfits with every promotion. How does this mod work with that? Will the career outfit you make permanently be the one they change into throughout the duration of their career or just up until the next promotion?

I have tried changing career outfit with MCCC but it doesn't stick. I had a grandma who was a babysitter on the weekends and she's wearing a sweatshirt with a backward cap. It was infuriating I couldn't change it.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Thanks for this. With certain careers sims get new career outfits with every promotion. How does this mod work with that? Will the career outfit you make permanently be the one they change into throughout the duration of their career or just up until the next promotion?

I have tried changing career outfit with MCCC but it doesn't stick. I had a grandma who was a babysitter on the weekends and she's wearing a sweatshirt with a backward cap. It was infuriating I couldn't change it.

Just up until the next promotion.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Deaderpool's MCCC mod also allows you to change career outfits.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    "Testingcheats on" or "Testingcheats true" works. I use "on".

Anyways, it's funny how this player changed the Sim's police career outfit to look like a bandit about to do a robbery. :D
    But I guess it's his face mask, which has become common today in real life, heh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRSX7C0OHw
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    MCCC mod does the exact same thing as doing it manually. The difference is it puts the cheat codes in for you. Either way every promotion does seem to reset the career outfit.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2020
    Not sure if you need a mod to do this, but what I do is:

1) Open the cheat console and type "testingcheats on" (no quotes)
    2) Make sure the offending sim in question is selected as the active sim and type "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" in the cheat console
    3) This should take you directly into CAS where you can change their career outfit.

Does this work for stupid festival outfits if you exchange the "career" for "festival"?

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.