Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think a Winter activity / Resort pack is coming

2...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Prediction: One of the new packs will have a ‘snow world’ focusing on Winter activities & resorts/ hotels.

The developers were unable to make snow ‘lie’ with Seasons so may overcome it this way by having a permanent snowy terrain. We have the parallel with Sulani so it makes sense to me.

Also, The community survey focused a section on Winter sports too which I think suggests they already had something in the pipeline and wanted feedback for some tweaking.

I hope so. I want an arctic snow world so bad.
    edited April 2020
    I wrote a thread about a pack like this and it would not surprise me to see this soon. A winter wonderland! Kind of weird for the upcoming summer though, but I'd still like it anyway.

Same here.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    It would definitely fit in the 'never been done before' category so it could be possible. Also it takes the devs about 6 months (I think - please correct if wrong) for them to make a GP so it could fit. Obviously, that's without the apocolypse happening though so it might take them a bit longer to finish packs now.

I'd love this theme though! As long as skiing wasn't attached to an object though and they include mountain climbing/explorable caves and hidden areas I think it would be really cool :)

Well Sims 1 had a Winter Destination.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm looking forward for a Winter Wonderland Expansion Pack, But I don't think its the next EP... Doesn't make sense to release a winter themed pack during the summer...

Well, I think it's actually winter season in the southern hemisphere when the northern hemisphere has summer months.

The southern hemisphere isn't particularly known for its snowy regions/activities...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    It would definitely fit in the 'never been done before' category so it could be possible. Also it takes the devs about 6 months (I think - please correct if wrong) for them to make a GP so it could fit. Obviously, that's without the apocolypse happening though so it might take them a bit longer to finish packs now.

I'd love this theme though! As long as skiing wasn't attached to an object though and they include mountain climbing/explorable caves and hidden areas I think it would be really cool :)

Well Sims 1 had a Winter Destination.

Well, yes you're right but it wasn't the main focus/theme of the pack - there were two other areas (forest/camping and a beach location)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm looking forward for a Winter Wonderland Expansion Pack, But I don't think its the next EP... Doesn't make sense to release a winter themed pack during the summer...

Well, I think it's actually winter season in the southern hemisphere when the northern hemisphere has summer months.

The southern hemisphere isn't particularly known for its snowy regions/activities...

Maybe they are not as famous as Switzerland, but there are skiing resorts.

https://powderquest.com/south-america/

• secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I wrote a thread about a pack like this and it would not surprise me to see this soon. A winter wonderland! Kind of weird for the upcoming summer though, but I'd still like it anyway.

It's the wrong time of year really. They will do a winter sports/resort pack in the run up to winter. Sorry southern hemisphere!
  • AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    They gave us a 6 month road map this month In April with the game pack being released last (around October?)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Doubt it, it's spring time now. But hopefully in November there'll be a winter resort pack.