Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blocking threads

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
Here's an idea: could you make it possible for us to block/ignore threads?

Sometimes people spam the forum with multiple threads about the same thing and ignoring those people don't make the threads go away. Also there are threads that aren't spam, but it would be great to be able to filter them out.
Why not make it possible?

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2021
    I found this post while searching for a way to hide threads. Is it still not possible? I'm finding the forum quite hard to navigate today and would really appreciate being able to hide certain threads so that I can focus on the ones I want to participate in.

(This post is still fairly young and seems relevant, so I hope it isn't considered necroposting - seemed pointless to start a new thread asking the same thing.)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I can see the thought about preventing echo chambers, but yeah it would be nice to mark a thread you don't want to see anymore.

For example, I won't be ready for 5 speculation until it is announced and after being on the forums a while you start to see new threads for topics you've already participated in.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I see you've noticed a certain user posting a thread a minute, too. I mean, it's fine to want attention, but don't knock every thread that isn't yours off the first page...
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Yep. We had a flood.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Count me in. 😄
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited November 2021
    This would be really good actually, especially to make it easier to sift through spam and my all time favourite ‘the 405th thread on this subject when five in-date threads on the subject already existed.’

It won’t mean ‘restricting people’s speech!’ as I feel like that’s a conclusion a small handful of people might jump to; it doesn’t stop anyone from saying or posting anything. It just caters the particular user’s experience so they can help filter out the spam, and whatever else.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wish I could too. I like to sift through recent discussions and I have no interest in the million forum game threads there are. Also when a user is muted, i wish their post was too
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    edited November 2021
    I wish I could too. I like to sift through recent discussions and I have no interest in the million forum game threads there are. Also when a user is muted, i wish their post was too

The game threads are all in Off Topic so they're pretty much easy to avoid. I do wish it was truly off topic discussions but those are far and few between and get buried very quickly.