Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 GENERATIONS?

2...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'm looking for it to be the same as sims 3 I want to see what 4 will do with it @DaWaterRat
    I mean what they did with toddlers is great what they want to do with rocking chairs sounds good to

There's "the same' and "identical" Wanting the same general gameplay (more age appropriate interactions) is fine. Even wanting an expansion pack full of it is fine, although I think they are trying to sprinkle them around (they could do more, I'll agree.)

Where I roll my eyes is at the people who want a carbon copy of TS3 as a single pack and won't accept anything else. They won't accept getting the interactions they want spread into other packs, they won't accept any interactions that weren't in Generations, and they won't accept the pack with any other name. And yes, I do think there are people this applies to.

I keep hoping for a Teens Stuff pack, and yes, an Elders Stuff Pack - just not my Arts and Crafts Pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm looking for it to be the same as sims 3 I want to see what 4 will do with it @DaWaterRat
    I mean what they did with toddlers is great what they want to do with rocking chairs sounds good to

There's "the same' and "identical" Wanting the same general gameplay (more age appropriate interactions) is fine. Even wanting an expansion pack full of it is fine, although I think they are trying to sprinkle them around (they could do more, I'll agree.)

Where I roll my eyes is at the people who want a carbon copy of TS3 as a single pack and won't accept anything else. They won't accept getting the interactions they want spread into other packs, they won't accept any interactions that weren't in Generations, and they won't accept the pack with any other name. And yes, I do think there are people this applies to.

I keep hoping for a Teens Stuff pack, and yes, an Elders Stuff Pack - just not my Arts and Crafts Pack.

all I'm saying is maybe sims 4 can do it in ways that we have never seen in the sims before some of us might even like it better @DaWaterRat
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Ah, that video, it actually gave me shivers. I miss Sims 3. It was my all time favorite of all the Sims games, and the memories I made both in Game and here on the forums are worth every penny I spent on that game, and believe me, I spent a lot of pennies buying up the entire store, and most of the packs.

I would really love a Generations EP for Sims 4, however the reality is that if we got a Generations EP for Sims 4 it would likely be watered down, and disappointing. To be honest, I have decided to accept that Sims 4 is okay to play once in a while, when I need a Sims fix, but it will never be able to match the love and obsession I had for Sims 3. That is okay though, someday I will cave and get a much better computer and then I can go back and replay Sims 3. Maybe I should do that soon. <3
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    Ah, that video, it actually gave me shivers. I miss Sims 3. It was my all time favorite of all the Sims games, and the memories I made both in Game and here on the forums are worth every penny I spent on that game, and believe me, I spent a lot of pennies buying up the entire store, and most of the packs.

I would really love a Generations EP for Sims 4, however the reality is that if we got a Generations EP for Sims 4 it would likely be watered down, and disappointing. To be honest, I have decided to accept that Sims 4 is okay to play once in a while, when I need a Sims fix, but it will never be able to match the love and obsession I had for Sims 3. That is okay though, someday I will cave and get a much better computer and then I can go back and replay Sims 3. Maybe I should do that soon. <3

I can play TS3 on my old computer with 4gb RAM and integrated Intel graphics card now, but I want to buy a new computer too with 32gb RAM and the latest Nvidia graphics card. I'm holding off buying it though until TS5 or Paralives or Paradox Tectonic's life sim game is announced, which ever comes first. So if you are also planning to play any of those future releases, maybe wait until you find out the specs for those new games.

Also, when you get your new computer, make sure to drop by the TS3 forum. TS3 doesn't recognize new computers with their multi-core CPUs and latest graphics card. The TS3 community well help you update the config files in TS3!

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

You roll your eyes at that but not when TS4 simmers have to pay more for those packs with less content? Yeah, okay. Smh....

Also, each iteration was suppose to build on top of what the previous iterations had done. But TS4 has so very few things from previous iterations that it has been trying to play catch-up these whole past six, now going on seven, years - and doing a very poor job of it because its engine can't do much.

Of course not every feature was transferred over to the next iteration, but TS2 and TS3 had added in more features that made up for any losses. TS4 failed to do that as well.

• slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    we got parenthood wouldn't that be almost the same thing

• SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    In my opinion parenthood was a part of generations, a full generations pack would come with new activities for all age groups, not just young adults, and regular adults. I’m not sure if we’ll get a generations pack, I really want one but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen. 😔
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don’t think it will happen. The Sims 4 has been taking bits and pieces of former sim games and forming them into “new” tidbits through out the game with packs and updates. For example, recent news is the knitting pack which might offer elders reminiscing on the rocking chair. I can remember generations having that in life stage. There’s other tidbits in our game now from other packs to mention, but I’ll be rambling.

We have a lot of requests! So, they try to add portions of what’s requested (if they can’t offer it in its entirety). While still trying to keep it a new “twist” version of what ever it is. Sometimes they drop the ball on the actual request and sometimes no.
    Post edited by vincentvega8899 on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Yes this trailer is off the charts! Hands down my all time favorite sims trailer.

Mine is Sims3 Seasons. Still to this day it has the power to wow me and make me tear up for joy.

We got parenthood and as a simmer said above, it will probably be split. I would love a full blown infants, toddlers, and kids pack. Elders and dangerous stuff/ happy haunts with wills, more grim, underworld, funerals, and cemeteries that should've been in the main game. Teens overhaul after cars are in game. Would it be great to get generations? Sure, but Cats and dogs and Hamsters missing horses/fish/small caged animals, and collecting, the seperated supernaturals, no underwater/ houseboats/hotels in Island Living shows a huge decrease in what we get in EPs. If there are more workers in the future, I hope it is to concentrate on GP and EP and more of them and getting rid of stuff packs, although with them adding new stuff to the game, they are better than in the past.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’d like it but I’m not sure they want to do it. I also want cars so bad !!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Honestly (and unfortunately) I don't think we're getting a Generations pack. Instead, I think they will spread it's content in smaller packs.

We got Parenthood, kids stuff, toddler stuff, now we'll be getting some elder stuff in the knitting SP, and then we'll probably get a teen pack. Plus they can add things in updates as well.

Don't get me wrong, I know this is not enough, but seeing how they've been cutting content from packs to make more money with other packs, I guess that's how it's gonna go. Plus they said people don't play with kids and Parenthood didn't sell that much (despite being loved by the community). So yeah, not much hope for a Generations pack.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2020
    Satell8ite wrote: »
    EA has already done two remake EPs back-to-back in a row. They've made it clear in December that the upcoming content this year will be a "surprise"(as in like things that they've never done before) so a Generations 4 remake seems unlikely.

I wouldn't lose hope though, they might have a good Game Pack in store to for us to complement its absence in Sims 4 like Realm Of Magic.

This, I don't see it happening. It's also a shame if it does happen later because imo it's content that should have been there in the base game from day one. The Sims is a life simulation game after all, it's lacking family play big time still years on from launch. Parenthood helped a little, more is needed though. I would be disappointed if that was all that was added to the game on terms of generational gameplay.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I doubt it. They consider to be done with giving us the popular expected packs (as if they have really given us those).....

Even though Farming was never really a pack, it is highly requested and kind of expected by the community. I still think this would have more chance over generations, cause it is something new.
    Then perhaps a snow world/ski resort/holiday destination pack, but that could be for a gamepack. I rather have something BIG for an EP. Hope it is not some futuristic or supernatural pack. We need something normal to improve out gameplay first.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited April 2020
    It's also why the EAxis GP team was reluctant to the idea of the Parenthood GP and only did it under the pressure from SimGuruLyndsay.

Which I think is one of the best GP we have. But I agree, I don't see a full on generations pack. I do believe they will add little by little to each generation with future packs. Though it would be nice if they did game packs for each generation other than Young Adult and Adult. I would buy a well fleshed out game pack for toddlers, childs, teens, and elders.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I doubt it. They consider to be done with giving us the popular expected packs (as if they have really given us those).....

Even though Farming was never really a pack, it is highly requested and kind of expected by the community. I still think this would have more chance over generations, cause it is something new.
    Then perhaps a snow world/ski resort/holiday destination pack, but that could be for a gamepack. I rather have something BIG for an EP. Hope it is not some futuristic or supernatural pack. We need something normal to improve out gameplay first.

I'm not convinced that farming is really expected, so it could be the EP we're supposed to get soon (which is apparently a "surprise to many" which doesn't necessarily mean that it's something completely new.) I think a lot of people want it and are hoping for it/requesting it/demanding it (for the record, I'm not among them) but that's not quite the same thing as expecting it.

Besides, if we eliminate everything that's ever been requested by more than three people on the Forums, we eliminate just about anything it could be, and I really think that's more for the GP.

But I'm probably wrong.