Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 GENERATIONS?

With a confirmed new expansion pack to be released, I am wondering whether Generations will be next? It was SUPER popular in TS3 so why wouldn’t they make on for The Sims 4?
The question is WHEN will they announce this pack?
What’s Your Opinion?
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Im not sure we're getting it, but i would love it.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want this pack more than anything since it's the most needed content right now. Sadly, it seems unlikely since the team only seems to care about young adults and their gameplay. On ex-guru even said that if they ever do decide to touch family gameplay, they want to separate it into 20 different packs instead of just doing one well made pack that finally gives content to the ages who have nothing.

Their "informational post" said that these upcoming packs are meant to be "surprising" and "never done before", so Generations is surely not the theme for any of them. It's sad, because in 6 years there's still nothing for family players to do aside from take their sims to the park :/
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I just looked at TS3's Generations Trailer. SO GOOD and it's making me all teary-eyed! *Sigh* Seriously, TS4 NEEDS this EP!

The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Yes this trailer is off the charts! Hands down my all time favorite sims trailer.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I want this pack more than anything since it's the most needed content right now. Sadly, it seems unlikely since the team only seems to care about young adults and their gameplay. On ex-guru even said that if they ever do decide to touch family gameplay, they want to separate it into 20 different packs instead of just doing one well-made pack that finally gives content to the ages who have nothing.

Their "informational post" said that these upcoming packs are meant to be "surprising" and "never done before", so Generations is surely not the theme for any of them. It's sad, because in 6 years there's still nothing for family players to do aside from taking their sims to the park :/

Grant has stated before that TS3 Generation didn't generate as much Net revenue as they wanted. Mostly because the direction of the expansion pack was a bit fuzzy which had potential costumers confused about what they were exactly going to get.

And I mean, he's kinda right. The pack's only selling point was that it fleshed out lifestages through various interactions, which could be done in multiple patches instead of one big expansion pack.

It's why the closest thing to generations that we'll get in TS4 is the Parenthood GP. Gurus have said times and times over that they'll add features for fleshing out life stages in patches and spread some of them in various packs because marketing a Generations style EP is tricky and probably not worth the risk.
    It's also why the EAxis GP team was reluctant to the idea of the Parenthood GP and only did it under the pressure from SimGuruLyndsay.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I just looked at TS3's Generations Trailer. SO GOOD and it's making me all teary-eyed! *Sigh* Seriously, TS4 NEEDS this EP!

I know this trailer is LIFE 😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited April 2020
    I want this pack more than anything since it's the most needed content right now. Sadly, it seems unlikely since the team only seems to care about young adults and their gameplay. On ex-guru even said that if they ever do decide to touch family gameplay, they want to separate it into 20 different packs instead of just doing one well-made pack that finally gives content to the ages who have nothing.

Their "informational post" said that these upcoming packs are meant to be "surprising" and "never done before", so Generations is surely not the theme for any of them. It's sad, because in 6 years there's still nothing for family players to do aside from taking their sims to the park :/

Grant has stated before that TS3 Generation didn't generate as much Net revenue as they wanted. Mostly because the direction of the expansion pack was a bit fuzzy which had potential costumers confused about what they were exactly going to get.

And I mean, he's kinda right. The pack's only selling point was that it fleshed out lifestages through various interactions, which could be done in multiple patches instead of one big expansion pack.

It's why the closest thing to generations that we'll get in TS4 is the Parenthood GP. Gurus have said times and times over that they'll add features for fleshing out life stages in patches and spread some of them in various packs because marketing a Generations style EP is tricky and probably not worth the risk.

In other words, spread all the features out so poor TS4 simmers would have to pay more money for each pack just to get what TS3 simmers got in one EP.

I don't believe anything Grant says. When he says things like "it would be tricky, etc. etc." in this case, it doesn't mean much. Maybe during TS3's time it was puzzling what the Generations EP was about because that's the first time people had heard of the concept (although the trailer for it seemed pretty clear to me). But now that we've had that previous experience with it, people are now fully aware and fully understand what that EP is all about. So I'm not buying that his explanation is applicable now. And if you look at the people who've been asking for it (which goes to show that despite what he claims, it's actually a popular EP), there's definitely enough people who want it to merit such a pack.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It's also why the EAxis GP team was reluctant to the idea of the Parenthood GP and only did it under the pressure from SimGuruLyndsay.

Interesting. I'm surprised it didn't do that well. I'm dying for a pack that just adds solely interactions, and fleshed out gameplay. No new world. Just all kind of interactions. (Especially for kids and teens) Though I know for sure it would never happen. A girl can dream 🙄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

Ts3 trailors are the best! They always make me weirdly nostalgic for a game I never even stopped playing. <3
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    The Sims 3 Generations didn't do so well and yet Simmers are asking for it for the Sims 4 and Parenthood is a favorite Gamepack for most...I don't know I find that hard to believe about Sims 3 Generations just my opinion though.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    The Sims 3 Generations didn't do so well and yet Simmers are asking for it for the Sims 4 and Parenthood is a favorite Gamepack for most...I don't know I find that hard to believe about Sims 3 Generations just my opinion though.

TS3 Generations didn't do so well because marketing it for store shelves was tricky and most people (including myself when I first saw it) were confused and not sure what exactly it had or what the selling points were. and it wasn't one of those Flashy bright packs that attracted everyone at first sight.

It's didn't do well not because of lack of popularity, but because of the tricky marketing which led to not enough people knowing about that pack as soon as needed for EAxis to be content.

Their "informational post" said that these upcoming packs are meant to be "surprising" and "never done before", so Generations is surely not the theme for any of them. It's sad because in 6 years there's still nothing for family players to do aside from taking their sims to the park :/

In other words, spread all the features out so poor TS4 simmers would have to pay more money for each pack just to get what TS3 simmers got in one EP.

I don't believe anything Grant says. When he says things like "it would be tricky, etc. etc." in this case, it doesn't mean much. Maybe during TS3's time, it was puzzling what the Generations EP was about because that's the first time people had heard of the concept (although the trailer for it seemed pretty clear to me). But now that we've had that previous experience with it, people are now fully aware and fully understand what that EP is all about. So I'm not buying that his explanation is applicable now. And if you look at the people who've been asking for it (which goes to show that despite what he claims, it's a popular EP), there's enough people who want it to merit such a pack.

I mean you either get the features in multiple packs or you don't get them at all because EAxis sure as hell isn't going to make a TS4 Generations pack....

Also, you're talking as if anyone who bought the pack watched the trailer before hand.
    Yes, a good and clear trailer is an important part of the marketing campaign for the new Sims pack but it isn't enough. Especially in that time when most people still bought The Sims games form store shelves and the idea of buying them from Origin wasn't settled in yet.
    Even the title isn't as clear as most people think it is:
    TS3 Pets? Oh it adds pets!
    TS3 Ambitions? Ooh our sims can pursue new careers!
    TS3 Into the future? Oooh our sims can now socialize with their desendents!
    TS3 Generations?....
    does it add new family trees?

Now about TS4 Generations: we still have the "But this pack should be base game patches!!" issue. I can already see the countless comments on this forum if a TS4 Generations pack came out tomorrow....
    "OMG EA is so greedy they keep base game features for an expansion pack"
    Combine this with the fact that we already have TS4 Parenthood and the scandal would be too big for EAxis to risk making such a pack
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    people always say pack content should be in the base game every time a pack comes out or it really should have in this other pack
    they said the next ep would be a surprise to some people have been saying non stop lately that a Generations will never happen for sims 4
    so maybe it really is that pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I think that is possible!
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    EA has already done two remake EPs back-to-back in a row. They've made it clear in December that the upcoming content this year will be a "surprise"(as in like things that they've never done before) so a Generations 4 remake seems unlikely.

I wouldn't lose hope though, they might have a good Game Pack in store to for us to complement its absence in Sims 4 like Realm Of Magic.
    EAxis lackeys are telling you NO you won't get it. So sick of the lame explanations why TS4 simmers can't have the great things the older iterations provided. If you want a Generations EP for TS4 - forget about it!

Just buy TS3 and its Generations EP instead. You won't be let down or disappointed!

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited April 2020

Their "informational post" said that these upcoming packs are meant to be "surprising" and "never done before", so Generations is surely not the theme for any of them. It's sad because in 6 years there's still nothing for family players to do aside from taking their sims to the park :/

I don't believe anything Grant says. When he says things like "it would be tricky, etc. etc." in this case, it doesn't mean much. Maybe during TS3's time, it was puzzling what the Generations EP was about because that's the first time people had heard of the concept (although the trailer for it seemed pretty clear to me). But now that we've had that previous experience with it, people are now fully aware and fully understand what that EP is all about. So I'm not buying that his explanation is applicable now. And if you look at the people who've been asking for it (which goes to show that despite what he claims, it's a popular EP), there's enough people who want it to merit such a pack.

I mean you either get the features in multiple packs or you don't get them at all because EAxis sure as hell isn't going to make a TS4 Generations pack....

Also, you're talking as if anyone who bought the pack watched the trailer before hand.
    Yes, a good and clear trailer is an important part of the marketing campaign for the new Sims pack but it isn't enough. Especially in that time when most people still bought The Sims games form store shelves and the idea of buying them from Origin wasn't settled in yet.
    TS3 Generations?....

Now about TS4 Generations: we still have the "But this pack should be base game patches!!" issue. I can already see the countless comments on this forum if a TS4 Generations pack came out tomorrow....
    Combine this with the fact that we already have TS4 Parenthood and the scandal would be too big for EAxis to risk making such a pack

who buys a game only for the name? everyone searches information about something they are interested in buying. Ambitions isn't that clear of a name as well...
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    Karon wrote: »

TS3 Generations?....

who buys a game only for the name? everyone searches information about something they are interested in buying. Ambitions isn't that clear of a name as well...

Obvioulsy the information about what is included in the pack is available, but if a concept has to be explained the seller will definitely lose some clients in the way.
    I think people here often forget that an important part of the players are casual gamers that are not invested in the online community or follow the online coverage of the game. Since TheSims is not really advertized outside its own platforms, there is most likely a portion of potential players/buyers that simply discovers the new packs when they arrive in stores.
    These people who buy copies of the game/EPs in physical stores whether it is for themselves or as gifts, the title and description at the back of the box will be what helps them make their choice, and between two dlcs, the one with the clearer focus will have an advantage.
    they could just call it the sims 4 family
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes to TS4 Family Living!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't know what makes people think that Sims 4 Generations will be identical to SIms 3 generations.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Yes to TS4 Family Living!

OMG, I would love that.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't know what makes people think that Sims 4 Generations will be identical to SIms 3 generations.

Because some people won't be satisfied with a pack unless it is an exact code-line for code-line replica of something that was in a previous iteration of the game.

If they don't also want it to be all new animations, meshes, textures, and interactions in defiance of whatever budget restrictions are put on packs (both time and finances)

Or the people who somehow expect packs to be both.

I'm not against a pack that expands on interactions for all age groups. I'm just not expecting it. (which might make it fit the "surprising" requirement of the EP... gah! No, DWR! Bad! Don't give people speculation fuel like that.)
    edited April 2020
    I'm not looking for it to be the same as sims 3 I want to see what 4 will do with it @DaWaterRat
    I mean what they did with toddlers is great what they want to do with rocking chairs sounds good to
    Post edited by comicsforlife on