Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isnt my married couple interested in eachother?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 2
I have 2 family sims who got married.
They both have 2 lighting bolt chemistry.

First I was playing with the single female family sim. She was dating him and naturally wanted to get engaged and married. They got engaged and she was happy. She invited a contact of her fiance over, and she was attracted to him. I kept them friendly. I told her to "Say goodbye" and she kissed him bye!! Even though they NEVER had any romantic actions together. It is not even saved as a memory ("Had first kiss with eric") in her memories!!

Later, she had a wedding and got married. I didnt notice, but her wish to get married mustve disappeared after she kissed goodbye to the husbands friend, because after the ceremony she got a bad memory of getting married to him while he got a good memory. She had a fear of getting caught cheating which I hadnt seen before, but she had no memories of cheating with the husbands bestie.

I tried to ignore it and continue the family. They both wanted kids so they ended up having 2. They are still a "happily" married couple, I say that because they love eachother, but neither rarely have a wish to talk,flirt, play with each other. Theyve never even had a wish to whohoo together. Now thats sad :(

But when I 'scope room they are most attracted to eachother in a room, but all they want to do is make best friends with other people.

Its sad because i wanted them to be in love with eachother but it seems like the kiss with the friend messed everything up :( the wife never even had a wish to do anything romantic with the friend, for some reason I guess the chemistry between them made them kiss eachother goodbye?

In the storyline in my head now the couple knows theyre is something off, like the wife regretted marrying him,not the friend, but this isnt the original story i wanted 😭 no matter what i do unless im on a date they're just not that into eachother
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What are their aspirations?

Aspirations play a key point in what Sims wish for.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    Seera1024 wrote: »

They are both family sims, so they should both want to have romantic actions together. The wife has a secondary aspiration as a popularity sim so that can explain part of it, but the husband doesnt have a secondary personality. They are only interested in their kids,hobbies or friends but they arent too much into eachother. They have a dead bedroom :#

They are both family sims, so they should both want to have romantic actions together. The wife has a secondary aspiration as a popularity sim so that can explain part of it, but the husband doesnt have a secondary personality. They are only interested in their kids,hobbies or friends but they arent too much into eachother. They have a dead bedroom :#

Yea, hobbies due have a large influence over wants as well.

Family Sims especially those with kids due tend to wish more for family related things than romantic things.

I don't know why she got a negative to getting married when the husband didn't.

I wouldn't call their wants abnormal for family Sims or that much of a concern with regards to the state of their marriage.

And the kiss goodbye is just EA's code, nothing to worry about there either.
    edited April 2020
    Yea, hobbies due have a large influence over wants as well.
    Family Sims especially those with kids due tend to wish more for family related things than romantic things.
    I don't know why she got a negative to getting married when the husband didn't.

I wouldn't call their wants abnormal for family Sims or that much of a concern with regards to the state of their marriage.

And the kiss goodbye is just EA's code, nothing to worry about there either.

I guess im confused because theyve never had a desire to makeout or whoohoo together. Not even once. But i only recently installed Freetime so maybe im not used to my family sims being more into their hobbies. Its like their attention is divided. Now I wonder if I had more expansions if my family sims will be less and less into eachother and more into their pets lol

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I find family Sims annoying with how much they want friends and best friends. They'll want kids and they they'll want best friends. Now, not all. I've had a few Fun family Sims who seem to love kids and playing with them and having them but some are just annoying. It's like their personalities aren't up to being family.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I find family Sims annoying with how much they want friends and best friends. They'll want kids and they they'll want best friends. Now, not all. I've had a few Fun family Sims who seem to love kids and playing with them and having them but some are just annoying. It's like their personalities aren't up to being family.

Right?? At that point they might as well be popularity sims! They could have more wishes to read to son, play game with husband, hug daughter, call grandma something smh

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    TS2 Sims learn by doing. You might have to encourage more social and romantic actions between this couple. There is a reason I didn't like FT and it wasn't just the easy peasy mood busters it added, such as slow comfort motives or slow bladder needs etc. It was it changed the original game in so many ways that I played without it for years until TS2UC.

As far as Sims kissing each other hello or goodbye, yes, it's a thing in TS2 and nothing you can do about it unless you install a mod to stop such stuff they do autonomously. They won't remember and it seems like it's some devs' joke. They added lots of little details some like and some don't. Pescado probably had a mod to mod this out, too, at More Awesome Than You website. You might could look there for a mod because other Sims will do that, too.

Once the Sim figures out (if they can) you would prefer they sing to each other, kiss each other or whatever, that will be all they will do for awhile until they get interested in something else. If their wants won't roll a different one taking them to a community helps jar that loose and make them roll something else.

Spring time in Seasons (another game changer) will make even a loner, Knowledge Sim want to flirt, go out to dinner, kiss or fall in love. Seaons and FT are game changers, they change what Sims think about. Family Sims (before FT) used to favor one child over another, the Ottomas family is a good example. No matter how many times I tried to break that mother from wanting to be friends with David, be besties etc. she kept wishing to play, talk, hug, etc. etc. with the oldest child couldn't have cared less about her other children. lol Now with FT installed all they do is behave like Popularity Sims always wanting more friends etc. Even my Knowledge Sims do that, but it's just not FT it's the BFF patch, where it changed or let's say interrupted the natural flow of a Sim's wishes so now it's either become a BFF or work toward that goal.

I lock up Sims who won't roll the right aspiration wants....in an asylum, without food, or water, or comfort until they do. They finally get it and wish for something else besides their obsession. It works. >:)

Some patches changed the natural flow too, and you might be find the original unpatched game is very different (the base) than the game today with all patches and EPs installed. They removed attractions to some objects, so they no longer will even roll a wish to use it anymore in some cases, they removed the threat of death to a very low number, (other than fire) and the later EPs will always override base game concepts. Don't get me wrong, I liked AL very much however, it changes Sims and the game is different without it installed, too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar I see thank you! I will try to get them into eachother more by doing more romantic actions and see how it changes

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Well, I'd accept it. Two bolts is better than no bolts or worse, a crossed out bolt.
    But if I usually want more bolts, I go to flirt and under there check sim out. Sometimes, it increases the number of bolts.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, I'd accept it. Two bolts is better than no bolts or worse, a crossed out bolt.
    But if I usually want more bolts, I go to flirt and under there check sim out. Sometimes, it increases the number of bolts.

I try that too with my sims but they don't go higher than 2 bolts

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    By selecting romance as a secondary aspiration, one of the rewards allows you to have more 'bolts' with every sim of your prefered gender. That's one way to increase it.
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    By selecting romance as a secondary aspiration, one of the rewards allows you to have more 'bolts' with every sim of your prefered gender. That's one way to increase it.

Oh i didnt know that. But i wouldnt want to use it on my married sims, i want them to be faithful

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    It's a secondary aspiration, you don't have to worry. Alternatively, you should make sure they're astrologicaly compatible, and that they have the right turn on/offs to match one another's desire.

Here's a link to the wiki page related to chemistry, and how it is calculated.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Chemistry
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Sims 2 sims wants/fears will change depending on what they are focused on- much like real people/life. To get them to have more romantic wants - you will need to have them do more romantic gestures so their focus will go there. Their wants and fears change as their environment and circumstances change too - like if they go on vacation - they will suddenly have new wants/fears that you never saw before. All sims to some degree get wants to have friends as sims is a social game, but the popularity secondary aspiration will drive that more too. The kiss with the friend was nothing - there is the kiss-kiss interaction from social groups and sims that are attracted to each other will sometimes do that - the spouse will not even notice these kisses even if they witness them - the other sim may have been an outgoing romance sim too and initiated the kiss (personally love outgoing romance sims at a wedding - they can create so much chaos!). Two lightning bolts is where I like my sims marriages - 3 is too much - they are all over each other constantly. You can buy a love potion from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lady and make them kiss after drinking it and it will increase the attraction and, if I remember right, sometimes it will increase the number of lighting bolts too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020

The chemistry is set by the things they like that are the same and the things they dislike are the same. Astrological sign also plays into that mix. Like it's very easy to get at least one bolt for a Gemini and Pieces. Those will probably always have one bolt. Now, it's up to you to figure out the rest because those two will have an atraction to start. Example Mary doesn't like a Sim who is overweight (set in the dislike category) her hubby has gained too much weight, Mary will lose one bolt attraction for that Sim until he loses weight. Mary likes a logical Sim, the other Sim will need to gain some logic (to gain another bolt). Let's say they both dislike zombies (set in CAS) they will have a bolt for each other. It's very easy to set up Sims in CAS by the attraction system of which Sim will like any Sim more. One is astrological sign, one is what they like and the other is what they don't like. If all that matches or lines up then it will be a three bolt relationship once they flirt to figure out their preferred gender. Example: If one likes someone with Charisma then they will never gain a bolt if the other Sim never gets any charisma, so to get the other bolt you have to make one learn it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

The chemistry is set by the things they like that are the same and the things they dislike are the same. Astrological sign also plays into that mix. Like it's very easy to get at least one bolt for a Gemini and Pieces. Those will probably always have one bolt. Now, it's up to you to figure out the rest because those two will have an atraction to start. Example Mary doesn't like a Sim who is overweight (set in the dislike category) her hubby has gained too much weight, Mary will lose one bolt attraction for that Sim until he loses weight. Mary likes a logical Sim, the other Sim will need to gain some logic (to gain another bolt). Let's say they both dislike zombies (set in CAS) they will have a bolt for each other. It's very easy to set up Sims in CAS by the attraction system of which Sim will like any Sim more. One is astrological sign, one is what they like and the other is what they don't like. If all that matches or lines up then it will be a three bolt relationship once they flirt to figure out their preferred gender. Example: If one likes someone with Charisma then they will never gain a bolt if the other Sim never gets any charisma, so to get the other bolt you have to make one learn it.

They don't get bolts for having things in common in their turn ons and turn offs.

They get bolts for having things their partner likes and not having things their partners dislike.

So if Mary and her hubby, let's call him Dan, both have Zombies as their turn offs. As long as they are not zombies they do not lose any attraction points. Keep in mind you do not get any boost for not being a zombie. You just don't lose any attraction points.

Now if Dan and/or Mary are zombies, they will lose attraction to each other.

Skill related turn ons and turn off are triggered when a Sim has earned at least 5 points in the skill.

Source: http://cyjon.net/node/86