Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My ideal for sims 5 endgame.

Alright, we all would of course want sims 5 to be launched with a lot more content, but let's keep the expectations realistic: I'll pick features of ONE inevitable expansion pack to put in the base game, anything else must have been in a previous basegame or is the selling point of Sims 5.

After that, I will list eight full expansions in no particular order of release. This is pretty much what I want the final product to have.
I might list some game packs too that could add a minor feature.

Sims 5 basegame.
It has the open world and customisation options of sims 3, with graphical detail a bit more than 4. It has cars, bikes and motorcycles on release like sims 3, but they are as useable as in sims 2.
The main selling point is making sims unique in personality, the main weakness of sims 4 where they all act the same with traits being almost meaningless.

For this I'd go with a system of sliders. To each slider, One trait can be added. Each slider has it's own trait options, some sliders possibly none initially but might get some later on.
New sliders might also be added through expansions, such as how much sims like supernaturals.

But for the basegame, I would at least have the following sliders that each get 5 options: Neutral, leaning somewhat towards a side, or strongly.
For example for sexual orientation in the centre would have no preference, and going fully to one side or the other would make the sim gay or straight. And leaning somewhat towards either side would give them a preference without ruling out the other side. (And being asexual could be an available trait for this.)

But my list of sliders would be the following 15 to start with, might expand to 20 through expansions:
Sexual orientation.
Neat/sloppy.
Introvert/extrovert.
Active/lazy.
Friendly/mean.
Serious/playful.
Wants children/hates children.
Loves supernaturals/hates supernaturals.
Technophobe/Tech obsessed.
Intelligence.
Sophistication.
Outdoors/indoors.
Loves animals/hates animals.
Workaholic/hates work.
Flirty/unflirty.

You'd have up to 15 traits with this, one for each slider at the most, so that's a lot to customise a personality with.
You also get to pick an aspiration, which is NOT disposable like in sims4 but really is something that defines your sim. While your sim will get wishes you can select like in sims 3 to gain lifetime happiness points you can use like in sims 3, their life goal gives you a short list of wishes that are ALWAYS on, so they get lifetime happiness whenever they do those things.
A sim whose lifegoal is focused on romancing many sims will get some lifetime happiness whenever they woohoo with someone, and a bit less of it whenever they fool around or do other interactions. They'd still get a big goal to fulfill to give a smackload of lifetime happiness points and a unique reward, but then they don't get a new aspiration.

The expansion features I'd add to the basegame would be of university, to have a proper education system right away and integrate this with all jobs from the basegame and future expansions.
Sims can leave school after high school with limited jobs available, go to college to unlock more options, or university to get jobs in a specific field available. Some career paths can be started but will have a limit to how much you can advance without the required education. Sims can however study at home or get themselves educated to meet the requirements along with their work.
The new college years will be different from university, sims go there right after they stop being teens but can work too. This is where sims can orientate themselves, see what they like. There's different teams to join here that can help sims make friends, new connections and possible career opportunities. They can join the football team, cheerleading team, school band, or other groups. They can be part of multible groups too unless it conflicts. (can't be cheerleader and football player since it happens at the same time.)

Now, on to the eight expansions I'd add to this in total:

Seasons/vacation.
I'd put seasons and vacation in one, since it seems to match. The three available vacation destinations are:
-The alps winter vacation. There's always snow here, sims can ski, snowboard and do all kinds of winter activities.
-Cruiseship. Your sims get a cabin, or multible on here at the class they pay for and visit tropical islands along the way.
-Japan. Sims can learn of the culture, buy new gadgets and cultural items, learn new skills, buy manga comics, etc.
Adds the ghost supernatural being as well, which works a bit different. They have a humanity level. The more they lose it, the less human they look, the appearance determined by how friendly or mean they are. They'll look scary if mean. You have to gather a special item from each location to make a ghost alive again, and they can do various things to restore humanity. Doing ghostly stuff reduces it.

Opening business.
Sims can start their own businesses now on a commercial lot, you can customise what is sold or what service is proviced, hire employees and choose their uniform.
While there will be a simple cash register available with option to sell whatever you like there allowing for many kinds of shops, the other shop options it provides are: Stylist, Tattoo parlor, daycare, restaurant and bar.

Fame and fortune.
Adds specific careers that can make sims famous, ONLY if they practice those careers and advance enough in it.
The careers it adds are:
-Actor. (theatre or movie. Movie is rabbithole option, theatre you get to act out. Actor sims can mix it up and do both.)
-Rock star. (Can be singer or playing an instrument of choice. In a band or solo. You can pick between different music styles.)
-Online celeberty. (Streaming, vlogging and other computer options are made available to sims.)
-Billionaire. (Not really a career, but the insane amount of money puts your sim in the spotlight. They can join the snobbish billionaire club.)
New skills related to this are added such as singing, any typical band instruments that aren't in the game yet, acting, sword fighting, acrobatics.
Also many luxurious items to purchase and the billionaire's club where sims can brag about it and play golf on it's golf course. You get a lot of crazy overpriced luxury items to throw all your spare money at here.

Magic.
Adds magic and a magic school that can be attended that's it's own thing seperate from college or university.
Mage is not a lifestate, any type of sim can learn it. The school has several houses:
-Druids focused on nature spells.
-Enchanters focused on charming, changing and manipulating other sims with spells.
-Sorcerers focused on dark magic that can raise the dead and such, a high risk and high reward style of school for the powerhungry.
-Magiccrafters focused on creating magical objects such as portals, scrying stones, flying brooms, and golems.
Sims can only join one school which gives acces to advanced magic, there's also general magic that any sim can use without joining a school.
It adds three supernatural beings: Zombie, Lich and Golem.
Golems are similar to robots and can strive for sentience, initially crude rock monsters, they can be improved several times to take on the form of stone humans who can wear clothing and present as a specific gender. Initially they are genderless. They are not weak to water or electricity, they don't age and are pretty much indestructable. Magic is their only weakness. They do weigh a lot which makes them unable to do some activities or learn some skills. They can't swim for example, in a pool they just stand on the bottom and can sit there.
The Lich is a new undead state that sorcerers can obtain. They need to prepare for it, if they make all preperations they cheat death. When they die of whatever cause, they become a Lich instead with a philactery. If it is destroyed, they are gone for good. No ghost or anything. Other sims can destroy it so they best hide it.
Also this expansion comes with proper mage robes, wizard hats, long beards, staffs and all to make proper mages, unlike sims 4.

Supernatural adventures.
A supernatural focused expansion mixed with adventurous vacations, each linked to a different supernatural creature.
-Transylvania, a creepy village in the shadow of a dark castle where a vampire count and countess live. Dark crypts to explore too.
-Egypt, similar to in sims 3 with tombs to explore and mummies to find.
-Celtic forest, where there are fairies and werewolves.
You can explore and find treasures, become one of these new supernatural creatures or become a hunter of supernatural creatures in a new career. Each supernatural creature in both this expansion and those added outside of it require a different method to deal with, to turn them back to normal. It's the sims after all so no killing, these sims just want to turn everyone back to normal or help the dead find peace.

Hobbies.
Adds various hobbies and sports to the game, some careers too. Most of these hobbies allow sims to craft unique new items themselves they can't get otherwise.
They can fix up one of several broken old cars, and customise them in several ways to make them unique.
They can make their own jewelry.
They can make their own cosplay outfits, and attend cosplay competitions to win money with it at a new comiccon style convention.
Inventing is added here too, with various objects to create.

Secret life.
This focuses more on paranormal, you get new careers such as secret agent and paranormal, aliens, alien technology and such are added as well.
It adds several alien types, not just one and each works different.
You get the typical sim alien, that kidnaps and impregnates men to reproduce and has their typical alien powers we saw them have before.
There's also lizard people inspired by the series V, who can disguise as human by using human masks. They get an unmasked state too in CAS. They prefer warmth and can't stand cold, they lay eggs so no pregnancy there, just sitting on an egg or putting it under a warm lamp untill it cracks open.
And lastly, a very tribal hairy race of aliens that's more primitive than sims and is more confused by modern technology. They can adapt in time.

Farm and pets.
Personally I couldn't care less about animals since they always annoy me in the sims, but I know it's popular so can't be avoided.
This pack would add horses, cats, dogs and various farm animals to the game, and allows for farm life.

Comments