Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    The Akana Family​
    Download

The Akana's are a close-knit multigenerational family from Sulani. They love staying over with their relatives in SanSequoia. They come every single holiday and sometimes during weekends as well. Everyone looks forward to those visit. And this time they are bringing exciting news. They are expecting another baby soon.

02-24-23-11-13-17-am_orig.png
    befunky-collage-akanasinakamaka_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanalakikamaka_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanalagi_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanakai_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanaluni_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanatalia_orig.jpg
    befunky-collage-akanavasa_orig.jpg

I'm looking forward to infants! They look so cute. This family will be fun to explore the family dynamics with. I love that sims will be able to stay over with friends and family.
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    edited March 2023
    πŸ’œ 77 WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

πŸ”ͺ😱 Murder Mystery March 😱πŸ”ͺ

Finally, the time has come to reveal the details of our 2nd annual Murder Mystery Event! All of the excitement and sims mayhem this year will be staged at a seedy, run down motel. Planet Sims mods have created the staff while you'll all be in charge of creating the clientele. Your sims will be the guests at this last resort of sorts on the outskirts of Strangerville. The quintessential "no tell, motel" to be sure!

Creative Direction & Rules:

Visualize the opening scene: We observe Sherriff Marshall on the phone listening intently .. "ummhmmm, yes, yes, calm down please and get out what you're tryna say ..." nodding, notetaking ... "I'll head on over to The Muck Motel right quick!" (hangs up the phone) ~ There's been ... a murdeeeer! DunDunDunnnn!

Your Challenge:

Create ONE motel guest suspect who is traveling through Strangerville and has found themselves in need of a place to rest for the night. Off in the distance, the half lit lights of a motel sign glows. You haven't seen another place to hang your hat for hours and it's getting too late to continue especially since you don't know what the road ahead will hold. As you get checked in by the bit too friendly motel manager Mandy, you observe many of the rooms have already been rented. For the night? For an hour? Well, best try not to consider all the possibilities as you drift off to sleep in your rather dinghy accommodations. As (bad) luck would have it, your sim guest is there on the night of a murder! Hmm, now, maybe this was your sim character's destination after all, dundundunnnn!

Create your motel guest and in your description imagine your sim is giving their statement to Sheriff Marshall as to why they couldn't possibly have done it. In your alibi, you can include a discussion about other motel guests with the attempt at throwing suspicion on them. You could also choose to throw suspicion onto yourself or onto one of the staff of the Muck Motel. In addition, please state what your surprise (or maybe not so surprising ;):D) connection is to at least one of the staff members working at the motel. See their character portraits and individual bios below:

Sheriff Fred Marshall ~ Detective called to the scene by @nightlioness
    [img][/img]BiLXxwx.jpg
    Mandy Muck ~ The motel manager/owner by GLovely1 Dee Dee & Carole Haas ~ Maids at the motel by @skydonn
    [img][/img]vZVk2WZ.jpg
    Mister Ferguson ~ Groundskeeper by @TheLonnykins
    [img][/img]ozW2vtv.jpg
    Hawiovi Swiftwater ~ Janitor by @Lukaswut
    [img][/img]NlbE8BB.jpg
    Waitstaff/barkeep by @anibutterfly8
    [img][/img]8aSTJ9D.jpg

You can find these characters under the #GLovelysQCC77#PlanetSims gallery tags also.

In your statement to Sheriff Marshall, you must include the whereabouts of your sim at the time of the murder using one of the following rooms:

Outside grounds: Name a specific area
    First Floor: One of the motel rooms
    First Floor: Laundry room
    Second Floor: One of the motel rooms
    Second Floor: Storage/Maintenance room
    Reception/Check in
    Cafe
    Bar

Click β†’ HERE ← for the link to The Muck Motel to help give you the full effect of our murder mystery mood ;)

When finished, please upload your household to the gallery using both #GLovelysQCC77 AND #PlanetSims hashtags.

ENDS ~ Wednesday 3/15/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create ONE sim motel guest suspect, young adult or older.
    2. Style all of your sims outfits befitting your sim's character.
    3. In your description write their official statement to Sheriff Marshall. Include their relationship with at least one of the motel staff. Add suspicion to your character, the motel staff and/or another motel guest. Lastly, name the room your guest was in at the time of the murder.
    4. Custom posed entries which include the use of defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    5. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    6. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC77 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join all the Muck Motel characters and their creators during our Murder Mystery March Who Dun It at my next QCC stream ~ Saturday 3/18/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out all the generation family fun we had during our last QCC Twitch Stream here β†’

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1748872346?t=00h55m34s

πŸ’œ Also, please join us in Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

Have a blast creating your murder suspect in CAS! I am so flippin' excited for this one!
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    oooh I might join in on this challenge!! <3
  • MemoryBugaboo143MemoryBugaboo143 Posts: 32 Member
    Here are some screenshots I took at the Muck Motel lot with my sim Chiffon and some of the staff.

Sheriff Marshall and Mandy Muck hanging out by the pool after Heidi caught herself on fire making those hamburgers.
    SiY8Dtb.png

Mister Ferguson finds out he has a teen son named Herbert with Ms. Chiffon Parakeet.
    TCw7GPu.png

Ms. Parakeet invited Mister Ferguson up to her room to experience the good old days.
    qVrNPeK.png

Mister Ferguson beats Chiffon in a pillow fight, laughing at her cute pout.
    R7B6IZP.png
    πŸ’œ 78th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Now that the mystery at The Muck Motel is solved, let's get ourselves involved in an epic chill out sesh poolside for a time πŸ˜‰

Now, you might be a bit shocked when you see what I have in store for us this round but I hope you'll agree a pool build challenge is the perfect thing to set our creativity free! As you know, I don't like to be so restrictive so you only need to do 3 things: Make a "Pool" type lot, build your pool on either a 30x20 OR a 40x20 lot size AND add at least one 1x1 square size pool to your lot. This last requirement is a shout out to @Cebu2cool aka ElderJymm in the Sims 4 gallery and Twitter.

Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Go for any theme you can dream be it funny, silly, cool, swanky, swampy, grungy, murky, naughty, disco, posh, alien, family friendly, clothing optional, rainforest etc. Truly the themes for this one are limitless so please have fun and go for it! πŸ’œ

Check out this part of our last stream for more fun discussions about this pool build challenge. The family friendly San Sequoia Waterpark, you'll see in this clip, was created by @LukasCreatesSims aka Lukaswut on the gallery.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulHilariousParrotRickroll-qhbpyUqHC_CKVFFa

For more inspiration, you can check out the first 1x1 challenge that Jim inspired in me using this tag #TinyPool1x1Chal. Please include this tag along with #GLovelysQCC78 when you share your new pool to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 3/31/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some super fun pools full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. NoCC please
    2. In your description, talk about your build inspiration, who your pool goers would be, the activities and amenities, etc.
    3. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    4. Have a blast creating for our forum, stream and gallery friends!

You're very welcome to create your pool sim goers household if you'd like! Use the same gallery tags so I can find them in the gallery. I'll drop them in homes around San Sequoia in hopes they'll make an appearance as we tour your pool builds!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC78 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join our epic pool sesh at my next QCC stream ~ Saturday 4/1/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out the special Murder Mystery at The Muck Motel QCC Twitch stream event here β†’

πŸ’œ Also, please join us in Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

I'm so excited to see the types of pools you all create! I hope you enjoy spending a little time in build mode .. a fun rarity for our challenges!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

edited April 2023
    πŸ’œ 79th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Sometimes spontaneous theme ideas arrive right in the middle of our QCC showcase streams! This is one of those times πŸ˜‰

We all were in awe as we watched the adorable doggie antics while streaming @JojoMOMSTER's "Dogleg Ditch Doggo Dugout" entry yesterday. In those moments we had our hearts melted by dogs splashing in sprinklers, cannonballing into tiny 1x1 pools and looking too cute for words!
    As you know, I don't like to be too restrictive so here's the important details:

For LOTS:
    Make a "PARK" type lot, any size AND include the "dog hangout" lot trait. Feel free to include this Optional idea: Add a very tiny pool (ex:1x1; 1x2) as dogs will actually use it! In your description, paint a picture of a day in the life of this park. Discuss things like: Who comes to visit? What are the park highlights for our 2 and 4 legged sims? What was your build inspiration? Did you playtest your park? If so, describe the experiences you and your sims shared together.

For HOUSEHOLDS:
    Please create at least 1 owner/care-giver sim, teen or older AND at least 1 pet, any type. The more the merrier in this case so feel free to have a full house of furry friends so we can all become pet obsessed. Give your sims a story. Who are they? How did they meet? What are their dreams? Are your sim care-givers truly pet obsessed or do they feel like living with animals is an absolute mess? Allow us to really get to know your sims and pets through your descriptive words.

When creating your sims I have one ask. Please .. for the sake of your sims, do not create vampires for this challenge. Honestly, I am known to accidentally end the lives of vampire sims lol! Funny but very true .. just see this clip from yesterday's stream πŸ˜‚

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingBumblingCakeSuperVinlin-rD-BNZSzHl8Hnz3_

I'm very sorry @divanthesimmer .. but it was also very entertaining! Thanks for your sacrifices to our last QCC ;)

Check out this part of our last stream for more fun discussions about this park build and/or pet obsessed household challenge.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousPrettyAntDancingBanana-GYbfQUEIepGCxron

Please include this tag β€’ #GLovelysQCC79 β€’ when you share your new park or household to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 4/14/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some pawsitively purrfect pet friendly entries full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Write a story for your park build or sim household (see above).
    2. Must use "dog hangout" lot trait on your park builds.
    3. Pets must have at least ONE owner/care-giver sim and ONE pet.
    4. Style your sims and pets like they are ready for an outing to a park.
    5. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults (eye or skin) are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    6. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    7. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC79 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join our pet obsessed QCC showcase stream ~ Saturday 4/15/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out all the laughter and fun we had during our super cool pool stream here β†’

Back to back build challenges what?! Well, our last one was too much fun so I'm so excited to see the pet obsessed parks and households you all create! 🐢😸 Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Go for any theme you can dream as the themes for this one are limitless. Above all, please have fun and just go for it! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• nightlionessnightlioness Posts: 57 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    πŸ’œ 79th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Sometimes spontaneous theme ideas arrive right in the middle of our QCC showcase streams! This is one of those times πŸ˜‰

We all were in awe as we watched the adorable doggie antics while streaming @JojoMOMSTER's "Dogleg Ditch Doggo Dugout" entry yesterday. In those moments we had our hearts melted by dogs splashing in sprinklers, cannonballing into tiny 1x1 pools and looking too cute for words!
    As you know, I don't like to be too restrictive so here's the important details:

For LOTS:
    Make a "PARK" type lot, any size AND include the "dog hangout" lot trait. Feel free to include this Optional idea: Add a very tiny pool (ex:1x1; 1x2) as dogs will actually use it! In your description, paint a picture of a day in the life of this park. Discuss things like: Who comes to visit? What are the park highlights for our 2 and 4 legged sims? What was your build inspiration? Did you playtest your park? If so, describe the experiences you and your sims shared together.

For HOUSEHOLDS:
    Please create at least 1 owner/care-giver sim, teen or older AND at least 1 pet, any type. The more the merrier in this case so feel free to have a full house of furry friends so we can all become pet obsessed. Give your sims a story. Who are they? How did they meet? What are their dreams? Are your sim care-givers truly pet obsessed or do they feel like living with animals is an absolute mess? Allow us to really get to know your sims and pets through your descriptive words.

When creating your sims I have one ask. Please .. for the sake of your sims, do not create vampires for this challenge. Honestly, I am known to accidentally end the lives of vampire sims lol! Funny but very true .. just see this clip from yesterday's stream πŸ˜‚

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingCrypticChinchillaSaltBae-zNF5PgMYYl8-AqCc

I'm very sorry @divanthesimmer .. but it was also very entertaining! Thanks for your sacrifices to our last QCC ;)

Check out this part of our last stream for more fun discussions about this park build and/or pet obsessed household challenge.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousPrettyAntDancingBanana-GYbfQUEIepGCxron

Please include this tag β€’ #GLovelysQCC79 β€’ when you share your new park or household to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 4/14/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some pawsitively purrfect pet friendly entries full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Write a story for your park build or sim household (see above).
    2. Must use "dog hangout" lot trait on your park builds.
    3. Pets must have at least ONE owner/care-giver sim and ONE pet.
    4. Style your sims and pets like they are ready for an outing to a park.
    5. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults (eye or skin) are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    6. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC79 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join our pet obsessed QCC showcase stream ~ Saturday 4/15/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out all the laughter and fun we had during our super cool pool stream here β†’

Back to back build challenges what?! Well, our last one was too much fun so I'm so excited to see the pet obsessed parks and households you all create! 🐢😸 Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Go for any theme you can dream as the themes for this one are limitless. Above all, please have fun and just go for it! πŸ’œ

You are barking up my alley! Can't wait to join in on the fun!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    πŸ€” so @nightlioness is making an alley. Ball hockey, all the dogs on the block visiting πŸ˜‰ or maybe not.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Oof! I finished just in time. Here's my entry (are people not sharing theirs on this forum? I'm confused) I made my park in Selvadorada. It does lack a fence, but I wanted to make it blend in with the surroundings and be accessible for strays, considering the lot traits used. I imagine the locals and tourists of Selvadorada gradually built the park and improved it based on what they needed, so it grew from a barbecue area and an old pool to having a shed with access to running water for sinks and a fountain, to having playground equipment for both kids and dogs. Then people left little things for others to enjoy, to make life easier of more fun, so there are toys strewn about on shelves and in the tall grass for people to find, small plates and towels that someone keeps leaving for others to use. I wanted the whole place to feel very welcoming.

Gallery link

GOFLie8.png
    gVHACTt.png
    5NryarC.png

More pictures on Imgur
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I like you park @SerraNolwen especially since dogs do wander around in Selvadorada. This will give them something to do.
    edited April 2023
    πŸ’œ 80th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

April is our anniversary month for these QCC's .. I can't believe it's been three years since I've been posting creative themes to see what you all do with them! During stream yesterday, everyone had so many great ideas on what to do next and some suggested were themes we'd visited before. So, we agreed it was time to take another stroll down memory lane! That's why for this milestone 80th week we're going to reminisce about all our previous QCC themes πŸ’œ

Your Challenge:

Keeping things easy breezy as we take our memory lane stroll, take a look at this list and visit the pages of the past that interest you that you might have missed. You can certainly revisit one you've already done too. It's up to you to decide what theme to do or re-do ;)

Theme 1 Quarantine Family Fun p1
    Theme 2 Sims of Mystery p2
    Theme 3 Your Favorite Season p3
    Theme 4 Cooking Event p5
    Theme 5 Passion for Fashion p5
    Theme 6 Celebrating Moms p7
    Theme 7 Decades p8
    Theme 8 Ghost Story p9
    Theme 9 Eco Lifestyle p11
    Theme 10 Avast Me Mateys p12
    Theme 11 Sims Crime Scene Investigation p13
    Theme 12 Sims Pride 2020 p14
    Theme 13 Masquerade Mystery Sim p15
    Theme 14 Country Life p17
    Theme 15 Sims Activities/Skills p19
    Theme 16 Destination Wedding p22
    Theme 17 Simsney p25
    Theme 18 Rockabilly Style p28
    Theme 19 Journey to Batuu p30
    Theme 20 Design a Sims EP or GP p32
    Theme 21 Monster Ball p35
    Theme 22 Snowy Escape Activities p37
    Theme 23 Gratitude p38
    Theme 24 Walking in a Winter Wonderland p39
    Theme 25 New Year’s Wish p40
    Theme 26 Gift Returns p42
    Theme 27 Fashion Police p43
    Theme 28 Charity Auction β€œDate” p44
    Theme 29 Steampunk p46
    Theme 30 Simsworld Next Top Model p48
    Theme 31 Townie Makeover p49
    Theme 32 Ward University p50
    Theme 33 Simcademy Awards p51
    Theme 34 Sim Novel Characters p52
    Theme 35 Pride 2021 p54
    Theme 36 Valley Girl/Guy p54
    Theme 37 From Sulani to Henford on Bagley p55
    Theme 38 The Deadlands p56
    Theme 39 Aliens Among Us p58
    Theme 40 HERstory p58
    Theme 42 Makeover your oldest household p60
    Theme 43 Join Our Coven Event p61
    Theme 44 Alliteration Sim Stories p61
    Theme 45 Sims Urban Legends/Wintermare p62
    Theme 46 Five different Christmas scenes p62
    Theme 47 Resolutions p63
    Theme 48 Calendar Models p63
    Theme 49 Cyborgs p64
    Theme 50 Lonely Hearts Masked Ball p64
    Theme 51Wedding Dreams Couple p65
    Theme 52 Murder Mystery Manor p66
    Theme 53 Jessica Rabid, Stream co-host p66
    Theme 54 Carnaval/Carnival p66
    Theme 55 Sim National Day p67
    Theme 56 Try the Plumbobber App p67
    Theme 57 SimTVLand Hit Series p68
    Theme 58 Moonlight Chic or Little Campers p68
    Theme 59 Be the Rainbow Pride p68
    Theme 60 Moonwood Mill Lore p68
    Theme 61 High School Teen Clubs p69
    Theme 62 Dream Prom Theme p69
    Theme 63 Celebrate Body Hair p69
    Theme 64 Death by Laughter p69
    Theme 65 Thrift Shop p69
    Theme 66 Seasons Fun p69
    Theme 67 Going to !Jail p69
    Theme 68 Triangle of Terrors p69
    Theme 69 Divan's Medieval Save p70
    Theme 70 The Spirit of Giving p70
    Theme 71 Five Holiday Themes p70
    Theme 72 Cupcake Flavors p70
    Theme 73 Fashion Do's & Don'ts p70
    Theme 74 Simsvilization p70
    Theme 75 GLovely's Lingerie p70
    Theme 76 Generations Families p70
    Theme 77 Murder Mystery Motel p71
    Theme 78 Tiny Pools p71
    Theme 79 Pet Obsessed p71

I completely enjoyed visiting each page here and reminiscing over all of your talented and creative entries as I created this list. Some of my best Sims memories have come from the talent, creativity, imagination and love of all of you! I hope you find some too that speak to you πŸ’œ

Please use #GLovelysQCC80 when sharing your entry to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 4/28/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create your sims according to the theme directions of the week you chose.
    2. In your description, name the theme you chose and then complete the theme.
    3. Style ALL of your sims fashions, especially the first one, according to your theme of choice.
    4. Use Maxis poses, NoCC and no defaults if you'd like an opportunity to earn a Maxis Fav.
    5. Custom posed entries which include the use of defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC or #GLovelysQCC78 if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Mark your calendar for our Memory Lane Stream ~ Saturday 4/29/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel!

Check out all the fun from our most recent Pet Obsessed stream here β†’

πŸ’œ I've got so much love for all of you! You constantly inspire me and I'm grateful to know I in turn inspire you! Thank you so much for being the best creative community I could ever ask for! Hugs and happy creating always! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Oh wow! Congratulations Lisa! Seeing all the themes, I couldn't believe it! I believe I did most of it! Now.... I don't know what to do! Since you didn't mention number of Sims, can it be up to 8 Sims = 8 themes? Asking for my weird friends... Geez... :p
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    I should have looked here for the list first, but I did go back through the entire forums and it was fun to see all of the things that have come out of this over the years. Wow.

My first one was steampunk with my sim Lucretia Ledbetter. Number 29.
    I've missed so many, but not choosing which one to go back to do.

I also love all of the short stories that people wrote for these along the way.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    edited April 2023
    x4m1r4 wrote: Β»
    Oh wow! Congratulations Lisa! Seeing all the themes, I couldn't believe it! I believe I did most of it! Now.... I don't know what to do! Since you didn't mention number of Sims, can it be up to 8 Sims = 8 themes? Asking for my weird friends... Geez... :p

Haha! Xamira, you and your weird "friends" can make as many sims as your hearts desire this time! I'm just excited to see what you .. and these friends of yours ;) do!

@Minraed Thank you for taking the time to click through and revisit all 71 pages! I knew you would appreciate all the extras in this thread. I really enjoyed my trip down memory lane yesterday. The steampunk theme was one of my favorites. I'd say in my top 5! Looking forward to seeing which one you choose πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,779 Member
    edited April 2023
    I did Theme 65 Thrift Shop p69

#GlovelysQCC80 Challenge

Gallery Name: Thrifty Treasures
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/37C70DACE04411ED878991CD403CF988
    Screenshots
    AqfkEcG.png
    Screenshots Here https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/18259304/#Comment_18259304

I created 'Joshua Steptoe'
    Gallery Name: Thrift Store Owner
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3DFECF8BE04E11ED860789F004CCB65B
    Note: I chose his red, white and blue shirt as I thought it looked like it came from a thrift store and I named him Steptoe from the British comedy series on television
    Screenshots
    MuhhPkx.png
    D0s77DJ.png
    LnDLXgc.png
    NGVjr3u.png
    9imj1fs.png
    SBfn6yd.png
    2MlfwK2.png
    cr3iAiL.png
    Od3ySpb.png
    Post edited by luckyheather on
    I thought about doing all the challenges I missed and then realized that would be 67 challenges.. o.o
    Well I guess I could still do them for fun whenever I get a chance?

But for now I think I'm going to start with making sims inspired by the Avast Me Mateys and Sims Crime Scene Investigation challenges because CSI Pirates sounds like it would be a lot of fun!
    edited April 2023
    πŸ’œ 81st WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

I'm sure you a can already tell this challenge was inspired by the new Basement Kit and those whom in there dwell ;)

Create at least one basement dweller sim. Any sim type is just fine this time, even vampires since I was inspired to make one. (I don't expect him to last long though lol). Your sims should truly prefer being, staying, living, dwelling in basements & rarely go to the surface as they really don't see the purpose. Once your sim(s) are created, write their story. Who are they? Why is the basement their personal preference? Why did they choose the basement life? Are they hiding? If so, from what? Are they trash turned treasure hunters or some other adventure type? Are they up to something nefarious and planning on doing something dangerous, precarious or even hilarious? Whatever scenario you imagine, create your sim basement dweller(s) in that fashion.

In addition, feel free to build their basement room all decked out to support your household. This is a "want to" not a "must do" part of this challenge theme.

Check out this part of @Minraed's stream for more information since she explained it better than me lol :D

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedAttractiveHamburgerKevinTurtle-YSn_qpjCLXxDO5pA

Please include this tag β€’ #GLovelysQCC81 β€’ when you share your basement dwelling sims and optional room to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 5/12/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some creepy, cool, creative, geeky, adventuring, magical, beautiful basement dwelling sim entries full of aweSIMness to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create one or more sim basement dwellers.
    2. Give them a story, a reason, a purpose for preferring basement life.
    3. Style your sims in your version of basement attire for your particular sim/story.
    4. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults (eye or skin) are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    5. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC81 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join our Basement Dwellers QCC stream ~ Saturday 5/13/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out all the hearts, laughter and fun we had during our 3 year anniversary celebration stream here β†’

Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Have a blast creating in CAS and why not, try a basement room too!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

edited May 2023
    πŸ’œ 82nd WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Now, I figured since our last theme was inspired by the basement kit we should shine a little spotlight on what we can grow in a greenhouse ;)

Let your imagination be your guide while you dream up a human plant hybrid with a lot of luck by your side. Your plant sim experimentation can be spliced to perfection or a barely there actualization of what could be if your gardener scientist manages to succeed. To enter: Create either a garden loving sim scientist, a plant sim inspired by one of the harvestable plants, fruits, veggies, flowers we can grow or create both the splicing plant/human experiment and the gardener scientist who made them. Be sure to tell their tale of experimental triumph, terror, curiosity, creativity, accidental discovery, etc.

Here is a link to the β†’ Carl's Guide list ← of all the game plants. Please scroll down approximately 8 pages to the plant list.

Please focus on the CAS element of this challenge but if your creative imagination inspires you to make a room or lot for your sims, you're most welcome to share it on the tag too.

Check out this Twitch clip for the live discussion of challenge details:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1819503403?filter=highlights&sort=time

Please include this tag β€’ #GLovelysQCC82 β€’ when you share your gardening scientists and/or your plant sims.

ENDS ~ Friday 5/26/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have green thumb greatness, sad sapling twigs, glorious gardeners, mad scientists and everything in between to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create one to two sims as either a gardener scientist, a plant sim or one of each.
    2. Give them a story of why the splicing experiment came to be.
    3. Style your sims in your version of a gardener scientist or a plant sim representative of the game plant you chose.
    4. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults (eye or skin) are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC82 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ Join our Greenhouse Experimentation Stream ~ Saturday 5/27/23 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Check out all the chaos, including a fun bit of torture to @LukasCreatesSims simself, from our Basement Dwellers stream here β†’

Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Have a blast creating in CAS!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

@GLovely1 I noticed that the Carl's Guide list doesn't have all the harvestable plants, like the ones from Cottage Living and the Oversized crops. So I found this wiki page about gardening with all 93 plants listed. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_4)
    edited May 2023
    πŸ’œ 83rd WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Even though I had to postpone our plant sim splicimens stream, I still wanted to release our next QCC theme. Think on this phrase, "school's out for summer" and create destination sims!

In the world of education, we work hard to keep our grades up, study, build social/emotional connections, find fascinating things to teach, prep lessons, do homework .. whoa, okay that's a big enough list. After accomplishing all that throughout the year, I think it's clear some much needed rest & relaxation is in order. So, where in the Sims world are we going?!

Your challenge:

You can choose to create sims connected to the educational career in some way who are now on their summer vacation destination. Identify one of the Sims worlds for their vacation location and explain why this is the best place to rest, relax, play, adventure, destress, etc. You can even choose to vacation at one of the hidden worlds like Sylvan Glade. Imagine up some exclusive thing that can only be seen by going to that particular world.

Alternatively, you can choose to create the locals of the vacation destination world you select. Use them to explain why their world is the best. Do they have special activities for educational simmies? How will they cater to their vacationers to make sure their experience is a success? Describe the perfect vacation package that caters to professors, teachers, students, families, etc.

πŸ’œ More information, support and friendly fun can be found on Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

Please include this tag β€’ #GLovelysQCC83 β€’ when you share your vacation destination sims to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 6/9/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have fabulous vacation destination households to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create sims connected to education or sim locals of the vacation destination world.
    2. Tell their story. Where are they going? Why do they need a vacation? Or, why do the locals cater to sims in the field of education?
    3. Style your sims in their vacation or their local fashions.
    4. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC83 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Stream Schedule:

πŸ’œ Greenhouse Splicimens Stream ~ Saturday 6/3/23 at 12:00 PM EST πŸ’œ
    πŸ’œ School's Out For Summer Stream ~ Saturday 6/10/23 at 12:00 PM EST πŸ’œ

Creativity is paramount and letting your personal spirit shine is what it's all about! Have a blast creating in CAS!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    Love these QCC Challenges @GLovely1 <3 They always bring so much creativity to the table <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
    edited June 2023
    πŸ’œ 84th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Now that summer is in full swing, it's time to sing & sway to the musical sounds of this year's SimSummer Jam, Simchella! Imagine a weekend long music festival full of your favorite singers, song-writers, hot groups, top charting bands and all the coolest groupie partygoers around!

Let's focus our creative energy into making one big Sim's music festival! I'm imagining getting your sims up on the outdoor stage and letting their talent shine in the spotlight! You can create a single romantic crooner, a heavy metal punk group, an up and coming band stepping into the spotlight for the first time or anything in between. Just make sure you dream up someone or a group of simones with music as their passion. Singing, electric guitar, piano or any instrument I can easily get for the sims world. Yes, I'm even thinking of something like drum kit cc! If you're thinking of an instrument but the item isn't available in game, point me in the direction of the cc I'd need and we'll be good to go.

OR

Make Simchella festival attendees. The party people who are there for every band, willing to stand for hours for a chance at backstage passes. Simone who'd love to meet any member on the event list away from the masses. You could style the sims who love camping out or the ones who randomly give a rock n roll shout. Just make sure they too have a passion for all things musical!

If you'd like to watch my "BS" (big sis) and me discuss this new theme, please check out this Twitch clip β†’
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyTastyBisonPeanutButterJellyTime-JRN3L4dNcivoYVav

Please include this tag β€’β†’ #GLovelysQCC84 ←‒ when you share your Simchella bands or groupies to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 6/30/23 Streams on Saturday 7/1/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some sizzling at Simchella households to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create either solo artists or bands performing at Simchella or the festival goers.
    2. Tell their story. Are they the headliner or a newbie opening act? What are the festival goers hoping to see and do? etc.
    3. Style your sims in their raddest, coolest, most epic Simchella festival fashions.
    4. Customized entries which include the use of poses and defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Customized entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC84 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ More information, support and friendly fun can be found on Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

πŸ‘‹πŸ»β­ I have to say, thank you so much @InaMac for your sweet, supportive words above! I'm so grateful to have you on my Sims team! β­πŸ‘‹πŸ»
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hey everyone!! I made this festival lover! Her name is Melody Summers.
    L0ZAJ9m.png
    The weather is sunny and hot, the Fireworks Festival is almost here. That means its time for Simchella. Melody's favorite time of year! Her favorite artist is headlining the show, DJ Plumplum (who just dropped the most epic track). She can't wait to meet all her friends there. Now where's the sunscreen?
    Melody has no life skills. But she loves music, dancing, parties, and parties, and parties (lol) Download her here https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A3E7D5F242264882A0ADD05945CC7B2B
    edited July 2023
    πŸ’œ 85th theme CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ
    🚨🐴 Horse Ranch Giveaway! 🐴🚨

Suly Suly partners! Now that we know we'll be riding through wide open spaces with our new EP, Horse Ranch, let's use this as inspiration to create the ranch life of our sim dreams!

The trailer for this new pack gives us a ton of fuel for our creative fires! Whether it's camping, cookouts, nectar/wine making or adorable new ranch animal raising. Take a look at it if you haven't already β†’
    https://youtu.be/GaUZ5ph7qD4

If that's not enough inspiration then check out this β†’ news write up ← that gave me some muckin' aweSIM information!

I've been dreaming about how this pack is already inspiring you! Give me your SIMazing rough riders, trick trainers, barrel racing bros, dance hall darlings, campfire crooners, wild horse whisperers and more more MORE! *4 SIMS MAX*. Remember, all our sim households deserve a story so please whip up one that makes a strong connection to something up & coming in our new EP and the life your sims will live in Chestnut Ridge.

Also, you know I will not, no way, be able to build the ranch of any sim's dreams so if you have what it takes, give us a place to hang your sims cowboy hats πŸ˜‰ Please remember this is a secondary request as our focus has always been on our beloved sims. Ranch residences will not be in the running for the giveaway.

Please include this tag β€’β†’ #GLovelysQCC85 ←‒ when you share your Ranch sims and/or Ranch residences to the gallery.

ENDS ~ Friday 7/14/23 Streams on Saturday 7/15/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some rough Horse Ranch themed households and homes to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create a Horse Ranch inspired sim household (4 maximum).
    2. Tell their story. What do they do on the ranch or in the world of "Chestnut Ridge"? See above for details.
    3. Style your sims in your imagined Horse Ranch fashion.
    Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC85 or #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

[img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2023
    Meet Hug-0 and Aubrey-Mae. When Aubrey-Mae's grandfather offered her the opportunity to move out to the family ranch, these newlyweds jumped at the opportunity! Aubrey Mae will learn the ropes by her grandfather's side, who intends to will the old ranch to her when he eventually passes. She'll help out with ranch work, and maybe even some of the neighbors. Fun-loving Hug-0 has a trick hand when it comes to slinging drinks. He can't wait to pick up some extra shifts at the local saloon. Maybe he might try his hand at nectar-brewing? As a matter of fact, that's how the couple met! They met a local bar in their native Strangerville (well maybe Aubrey was a native;), where Hug-0 had started working after crashing near Strangerville. But that place has gotten little too weird for them, and they can't wait to begin their new lives in Chesnut Ridge. I wonder what the locals will think of them? Enjoy! https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1C44D79BE7C34F27B77126429AFAB28A
    The sims are under the spoiler Enjoy!
    9LNnteK.png
    URNJ6Ga.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top