Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    Thank you, @divanthesimmer , @Flash5 , @anjal1 , @xamira99 , and @Patri . I appreciate your kindness. πŸ’›

I'll be uploading my entry today. I needed to go in game yesterday to grab some pictures. My more ambitious ideas for them didn't pan out, but hopefully what I did capture will add something to the longer version of the story that I'll be posting here. πŸ™‚
    edited March 2021
    Nixaliana Ree of Sixam

While on a break from her Pollination Technician training, a resident of Sixam called 'Ree (a shortened version of her name) was, as usual, using her computer to browse the Sim's World Wide Web. She was fascinated with Sims and their culture and did this whenever she could. In fact, it was her curiosity about Sims that had made her choose to train for her job.

qMbqDEi.png
    'Ree at her computer.

Today as she browsed, something unusual caught her attention, "Do you have what it takes to be Simsworld's Next Top Model? Apply today!" I wish that I could do that, but I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone who wasn't a regular Sim, she thought. She wistfully looked through the photos of those whose entries had been accepted and was surprised to see that not only were there contestants that were not ordinary Sims, there was at least one from Sixam! The entrant was one of her species that chose to grow hair. 'Ree found that fashion rather odd, but it was obvious that it made this contestant fit in well with the others. I guess they find a lack of hair ugly, she thought sadly. Just to check though, she opened a search page and entered "bald beauty?" and was happily surprised at all of the Sims whose images came up, as well as captions stating, "Bald is beautiful!"

GzAvnCU.png
    'Ree seeing all the other contestants have hair and worrying that her baldness made her ugly in Sims' eyes.

MdzACfb.png
    'Ree after her web search for "bald beauty?"

I can do this!, 'Ree thought happily, and then paused as something else occurred to her. What will I wear? Unless we're in Sim disguises, Sims find our clothing bland and uninteresting. She remembered that there was that one relative of hers who'd dabbled in what the Sims called "fashion design." Perhaps she'd make a replica of that one item she'd created called a "gown" for me. Her relative was happy that someone was finally interested in her designs, and made her gowns in three different colors, as well as an outfit that was similar to one she'd seen in a Sims film of the type known as "science fiction." 'Ree would have to settle for having some normal, for Sixam, "dull" outfits, but at least a few would hopefully be appealing to Sims.

'Ree was able to get permission for a break in her training by saying that she wanted to explore an element of Sim culture that would aid in her work. Her teacher was a bit perplexed by this, but saw no harm in it, as long as 'Ree created a disguise. She did so, even adding hair to it, without informing them that she hoped not to use it.

Walking from the site where she'd hidden her craft, she received some odd looks, but only one Sim seemed overtly alarmed. A few Sims made an *interesting two-toned musical sound with their mouths that 'Ree was at a loss to interpret. As she filled out the forms at the place where contestants could register, she fought her nervousness. Finally a Sim walked over to where she waited at the desk. "Another exotic-looking contestant! I'm so happy to see we're attracting such great looks. Oh, and you already filled out the paperwork. 'Nixaliana Ree', huh? Interesting name. Come right this way. I'm sure you'll be accepted into the contest." 'Ree followed him, not bothering to correct his mispronunciation of her name. Her written Simlish must not be as good as she thought. Still, she was in. Simsworld's Next Top Model, here I come!

Note: *'Ree is being whistled at; she just doesn't know what it means. πŸ˜‰ Also, I created a second Everyday look for both forms, since fancy gowns aren't everyday looks for most people. πŸ™‚

I will look at and comment on as many of the entries that I can tonight. I can't wait to see what everyone's come up with!
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • SueSimmingSueSimming Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2021
    πŸ’œ 30TH WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œLeann grew up without a mother on the docks of Brindleton Bay with her fisherman dad working on the boats. Wild curly hair, pale skin, a gap in her teeth and a body build for hard work, Leann doesn't come to mind as a model. Entering Next Top Model, she wants to challenge the standards of beauty and show you can mix the feminine side with a tomboy style. Being different IS beautiful and she can make raingear look good!

https://athena.thesims.com/v1/images/0/0x0000073d/D32B45A9-8B0B-11EB-8B4C-50C6EAA5F752/00.jpg

https://www.ea.com/es-mx/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D32B45A98B0B11EB8B4C50C6EAA5F752?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SueSimming&max=50&maxis=false
  • anjal1anjal1 Posts: 9 New Member
    Strangeness Blooms!

Conspiracy abounds as the #GLovelysQCC finals near.Dahlia hears about the 3 β€œclumsy” aliens and their mission to plant foreign flora and starts making some "strange" connections Why they are now in such a hurry to abort? Continuing to size up the competition,cottagecore is so last season and so are mask! OH NO!!This looks bad!Finding lil'Tum-Tum in a corner near death Bodi jumps into action dislodging what appears to be Walters shorts?Dahlia may have stumbled on to more than she knows!

Vampires,Fae,Aliens and shady happenings! Dahlia maybe the only normal one in this competition. At least she hopes it appears that way as she spays a slight mist of her perfume and walks off in full confidence to the next event. Bodi following closely leaving little Rolaid and Walters pile of shorts for someone else to deal with.
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
    [img][/img]04FEMVV.png

Please don't make @LaTalpaVolante lovely Von Haunt descendant move into @RABOOSKI 's awesome but haunted house all by herself πŸ˜‚ There's room for a few more daring souls! All other entries are already moved in and are looking so fabulous for this Saturday's stream beginning at 11am EST ~

By the way, even though I didn't say, I'm planning on choosing winners for a surprise Expansion Pack win because they're on sale woop woop! βœ¨πŸŽŠπŸ’œ Sooo, if you haven't entered it's time to get in CAS asap .. Entries are due by midnight EST tomorrow!

Thanks to you incredibly creative simming friends for already entering! I thoroughly enjoy every second I'm reading and viewing all the extras you post here! Y'all are SIM-amazing peeps!!

I'll post winners on the 25th to catch the sale before it ends. Please do me a favor, if you do still need any EP's, change your region to US in your Origin settings or else I won't be able to gift you packs on sale πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hello guys! This week's challenge was so much fun again! Love to see all the creativity with which the different worlds are represented! I know I say it every time, but it's always so much fun looking through the entries! <3
    Again, I'm super late to post my entry here, but I hope it's ok. However, I cannot add a link this time because for some reason, the gallery won't load properly for me, so I can't copy the link... Anyway, here's the description for my "Miss Windenburg" aka Victoria von Haunt:

"When her friends heard about that top model contest, they all agreed: who could represent Windenburg, with its long tradition and vivid youth culture, better than Victoria?! As a descendant of the noble Von Haunts, she knows everything about her family’s and Windenburgβ€˜s history. But she also loves the town's nightlife & is a real party animal & fervid dancer! Her outfits boldly reflect her two passions: ladylike & classy meets cool & edgy!
    When Victoria's friends tried to convince her to sign up for the contest, she was very hesitant at first because she had never been particularly interested in things like that. But the more she thought about it, the more she found that it could actually become lots of fun, and she was also curious to get to know all the other contestants from all over sims world! So she eventually decided to give it a try. Will her striking style & face help her succeed?"

@GLovely1 Omg, Lisa, thank you so much for using her in your announcement for the stream!! :blush: β™₯

**Dahlia Bloom**
    Thinking she had walked in on all the conspiracy this competition needed when she discovered Rolaid with Walter's shorts, and being happy to get out in time before anyone could misinterpret that scene Dahlia goes to the main venue where she discovers someone is leaving what appears to be news articles from the different regions represented in the Top Model finals all over. The walls, the judges tables, the main seating, even the stage. Oh this is just yummy,she starts to read. Who doesn't love a good conspiracy Dahlia thinks!

*Jewel Thief in Del Sol*
    The rich and famous better check their safes and lock their doors. In a statement released by the Del Sol Chief of police they are hot on the trail of what victimized homeowners are referring to as the "Pink Panther". Homeowner also state this "sleek" and fast pink blur seems familiar like they have seen her somewhere before...

*Grave Robbers Hit Windenburg*
    You would think grave robbing a thing of the past, but not in historic Windenburg. It appears the police have been notified of several recently disturbed graves in the ancestral section of the Von Haunts family cemetery. The Historical society are absolutely appalled and have stated a full investigation will be underway.
    (Dahlia giggles to herself, this explains Miss Windybags, I was wondering what ancestor she got those stockings from)

*Sixam's Queen Controversy*
    In other world reports there is some question as to who is really the reigning queen of Sixam? Yes according to unnamed sources there is speculation on the heritage of the named Queen Aurora and her Top Model competition Miss Saturn Planet. Sources close to the "Queen" say she was indeed a commoner and the real then princess was stolen. Will this change the outcome of the Top model placement or the ruling class on the planet as well?

*Hazing Gone bad*
    School scoops at Britechester are saying the Dean is on the hunt for students involved in a hazing incident that has left at least one student altered and others dropping out in shame or in fear of charges. Campus authorities have been given a list of names. The dean states he is not surprised these were not the brightest students by any means. Sadly the student hurt was a very prominent young man from a long line of Alumni. Rumors state he now thinks he is "Pharaoh Amenhotep iii"

Dahlia can't get enough these are so fun, then she notices strangely enough there isn't one on her well that doesn't look like a set up at all,now does it? Maybe they thought she wouldn't notice there is a newspaper article that can be tied to everyone here but her. Dahlia studies the articles more closely. Wow, they seem so official, so real? The only thing that maybe looks odd is the M.B watermark... but maybe that's just a coincidence? Dahlia doesn't relish being the target of this conspiracy. She Sprays more perfume and hopes this doesn't "Bloom" out of control!
    Bravo, BRAVO @anjal1 for taking all of these incredible contestants and spinning hilarious conspiracy and mystery about them 🀣 It's so thoroughly entertaining to guess the who's who of all of your witty tabloid-esque stories! I loved seeing each installment in your gallery creations and now your wrap up here! Thank you for involving so many of our awesome entries in your extras and more importantly for having this idea and running with it in the first place ;)

I'm excited to have all the fabulous models work the runway in stream tomorrow. See you all there hopefully! πŸ’œ

Speaking of stream, @divanthesimmer shared a great idea for the next QCC so we'll share it with all of you there tomorrow. I'll post the official directions here after the stream. Stay tuned!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

edited March 2021
    πŸ’œ 31ST WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

It’s so cool when members of our QCC family share their creative ideas with me! Our great friend @divanthesimmer came up with this one and I immediately thought it was grand! Now, we place this idea in your talented CAS hands!

Creative Direction & Rules:

The sims we love come in all shapes, colors, fashions and sizes. This is most evident in the game generated random townie surprises lol! There’s always that one sim you pass on your simming journey that makes you think β€œwow, they got dressed in a hurry!” Truthfully, those unruly townies that we’ve come to love deserve to be loved even more .. in the form of an expert makeover by you!

Your Challenge:

Your new career path so to speak is to get in game and seek out a random townie (not the premades like Landgraab's, Goth's, etc.) to spoil them with a special head to toe makeover by you, our new Random Townie Stylist Guru! Find one that looks to be truly in need of a style overhaul and then get them in CAS to show them just how much they’re loved! In order to do this you’ll need to open the cheat menu (shift+Ctrl+C) and first type testingcheats on then enter to activate. Then type cas.fulleditmode then enter to activate. You should be able to click on any townie in game to get the menu β€œedit in CAS”.

If your chosen sim lives with others in the same household, they will all show up for you to edit in CAS as well. You may choose to makeover the whole household, or just your selected sim. If you’d like, feel free to take a before the makeover screenshot and an after the makeover screenshot to share here and your other social media platforms. Share your household to the gallery when your townie transformation is complete.

Change any one part or every part of their appearance with a few exceptions. Do not change their name, game generated traits, aspiration or age. Take a look at those items and allow them to guide the direction you take your makeover and backstory.

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC when you share your entry to the gallery.

ENDS ~ WEDNESDAY 4/7/21 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Your description should be written with your makeover sims traits & aspiration in mind. Breathe new life into their random townie world!
    2. Style your fashion design with a connection to the sim aspiration and/or their traits.
    3. Make sure your sims 1st outfits, which show in the gallery photo, demonstrate you deserve the title ~ Random Townie Stylist Guru!
    4. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    5. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    6. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    7. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Thank you for sharing your outstanding talent and creativity with us Forum Family! πŸ’œ Thanks also @divanthesimmer for sharing this idea and co-hosting this one with me! πŸ’œ Please stay safe, stay strong, stay creative and as always, happy simming! πŸ’œ
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Patchy_AKPatchy_AK Posts: 5 New Member
    * cracks knuckles * Watch out townies we're coming for you!
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hey everyone! I have the honour of co-hosting this week's QCC with @GLovely1! As you all know, we're transforming random townies and giving them well-deserved makeovers! Here's an example of a townie I made over:

G7p6jTa.png

Genesis here was already pretty cute, but obviously needed some help in the wardrobe department. She was also looking too innocent for an evil scroundrel.

3ihdMOY.png

Here she is after her makeover! A huge improvement IMO and her new look fits her traits and aspiration much better as well!

You can grab her here and I'm really looking forward to everyone's entries! <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    There were two Goodwin families in my game and all of them had red hair, so I decided to merge Genesis (above Sim) with them and make them all related!

Goodwin

Bio: The Goodwins are an odd bunch. Cassiel loves the ocean, but hates pollution, so she decided to become a conservationist. She's also a serial romantic and had her outdoorsy son, Jonathan, through a one-night stand. Genesis is Cassiel's slobby and evil mother, who often travels to Batuu to smuggle and bounty hunt. They often fight with each other due to their different personalities, but they will always be family.

Cassiel before her makeover:

CPVHOGi.png

Cassiel after her makeover:

hCkYcX7.png

Jonathan before his makeover:

7qsvuDI.png

Jonathan after his makeover:

JDxsjJz.png
    phULnBI.png
    so fun!!! my entry is up under The Townie Suit I snagged a Jayme Sorenson from BriteChester she turned out to be an Alien!! I have never made and alien so that was fun β™₯β™₯ My before and after is up on the gallery as well under Before and after (because, well because that now sounds sooo creative *giggle snort*) but mostly because i can't post them here, so they became and ad (that part was smart) :) There's already some great ones up and more to come!! Check them all out and leave some β™₯β™₯β™₯
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited March 2021
    @GLovely1 sorry for not entering. Things were too busy with school. I've got an exam on wednesday.

Who were the winners in the steampunk round? I think i missed the announcement

I like the townie make-over theme!
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    Hello lovelies!
    Your Random Townie Stylist Guru broke the rules and chose a family, so it's not really that random, but hey, I can't turn down an opportunity to give the Pancakes a makeover...

Eliza realized that relying on Bob won't get her anywhere. She's decided to make her own housing dreams come true and she will dress to impress to get what she wants. And poor Bob? He's become the family butler. Cooking is what he loves most, but if his wife forces him, he will clean up -- maybe?

ZOyYs03.png
    Did you know Bob doesn't like pancakes? Everyone would always make them for him - for the obvious reason. He prefers basically anything with chicken. Maybe we've got to make chicken pancak--. Nevermind. That's probably gonna make him mad.

9D2GlyK.png
    Eliza may or may not have found a job at a certain Landgraab company. Looking fancy is part of the job requirement and she obviously takes it very seriously. Unlike Bobs hair her hair still looks like it needs a bit of an update, sorrynotsorry.
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    I selected four of the slides I created for showing here, but the before and after lookbook and a teeny story can be found on my blog.

4-makeover-intro.jpg?w=1024

1-wandering.jpg?w=1024

5-set-4.jpg?w=1024

7-set-6.jpg?w=1024

See the entire collection and story here at Simaginarium.com
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    So, my eyes were hurt... really badly... Why? It's all because of Seema! :D

A quick overview of Seema Venkataraman! Oh yeah, she got a very unique name!!

Seema's an elder, who is very active & loves delicious food... Yummy! However, she's a little bit snob! :#

Despite of her old age, she's inspired to be an Archaeology scholar! Hence, I styled her based on her traits (by changing her walking style) & of course her aspiration. She told me she wants to be the next Indiana Jones! :D Right now, she's on her quest to look for The Eye of The Llama.

QAKroF4.png
    gYx0bB4.png

Do you want to know how she looks like before? So...ready.... :#

On the left is Seema's original style & on the right is her new style! Fuh...
    D7lWvrr.png
    llZogFm.png

Other than helping with her wardrobe, I dyed her hair, gave her a little bit of Botox, and corrected her posture too! Yeah, we went to a chiropractor. Gosh... she's so "EXPENSIVE"! :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Haha, I'm loving all these entries so far! Great makeovers and awesome backstories! Keep up the good work! <3
    phULnBI.png
  • PalgoonsPalgoons Posts: 20 Member
    I can't wait to try this random townie makeover :D
    In my enthusiasm to give the Pancakes a makeover I missed that it has to be a randomly generated townie... So here's one that used to have an eyeball ring, her name is Aubrey Harper.

Aubrey is an artist (aspiration), but she's struggling to pay her bills. DIY-ing (maker trait) and recycling (recycle trait) the things she needs helps a bit. Currently, she's living on the streets and trying to make some extra money by working as a living statue. But she's not the best for the job: she often scares children and sometimes she even steals some money from the people who stop to watch her (evil trait).

AnY3uGs.jpg
    I've found her as a living statue (left pic), but her every day outfit (middle) is thankfully not a costume. The makeover is on the right.
  • PalgoonsPalgoons Posts: 20 Member
    @CatharinaSophia she is so beautiful :smiley:
    Thank you, @palguna31!
    edited April 2021
    illusie wrote: Β»
    @GLovely1 sorry for not entering. Things were too busy with school. I've got an exam on wednesday.

Who were the winners in the steampunk round? I think i missed the announcement

I like the townie make-over theme!
    I hope your exam went well! @MeowchaFrappe won with her awesome fairy. Congrats again, @MeowchaFrappe !

I'm working on an entry for this round, though after getting about a dozen sims into CAS, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find one that had a distinct enough disconnect between aspiration and traits and what they were wearing. Weird, huh? πŸ€” I did finally find one though. I'm having to go slowly, since every time that my wrist starts to get better, I seem to overuse it and cause the pain to get worse again. πŸ™„ The sim I chose has a little boy, so I'm thinking of making him over too. (Yes, of course I'm my own worse enemy when it comes to resting my wrist. πŸ™‚)

Great entries on the forum so far! πŸ‘ I hope to be able to look and comment on all of the ones on the gallery before the competition ends.

Edited to correct a homophone.
  • Patchy_AKPatchy_AK Posts: 5 New Member
    This was so much fun! I gave my makeover to my random townie and did the family she lived with for fun too. Sandy Caruso, the sim I chose, was wandering around Willow Creek with interesting taste. It turns out her family lived next to the Goths this whole time. I have MCCC enabled so that random townies can move into any house. I can't post the before and after pictures here but I can share the story I came up with. Can you guess her traits?

"Oldest Daughter of the Caruso family Sandy, an inspiring fashion designer with a perfectionist attitude, cares for her family just not their terrible taste in fashion. Everything has gone haywire since her father's death. Until the Random Townie Stylists Gurus got ahold of her family; she now aspires to be one of them. With her sense of trends and perfection, she's ready to take the world by storm. Not even afraid to call out any townie with terrible taste.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Sounds like a fun challenge!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top