Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• Options
    DeaSimmer0DeaSimmer0 Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2020
    Helloo everyonee! A late happy mother's day to all our mommies here on the forum! =) Here is my entry:

"Mary works as a volunteer helping abandoned children to find new homes. Sometimes is not easy, especially for the kids with "problems". They didn't want us!
    SDUHqpL.jpg
    So, she took us home! And now we call her MOM! She taught us that love and caring is the most important thing in the world and I will teach this to my little Tina! Now that I have a good job thanks to her I want to help mom and as many kids we can!"
    etxrb35.jpg
    Happy Mother's Day to the marvelous people out there who chose to love!
    BH6mIfP.jpg

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF532B4393FD11EA8447CACF082CCAF1?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DeaSimmer0&max=50&maxis=false
    PMXPd0e.jpg

Post edited by DeaSimmer0 on
  • Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Beautiful story, @DeaSimmer0 ❀️
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Patri wrote: Β»
    Thank you so much for nominating me @GLovely1 ! πŸ’—πŸ˜š ( I didn't even know this existed πŸ˜…)

You're totally welcome Patri! Visiting the nominations pages of the forums and making noms is my second favorite thing to do here πŸ˜‰ These QCC's are my new favorite thing! If you see an awesome creation in the gallery that you'd like to nominate you can too. Just visit these respective links: Households ~ Lots ~ Rooms

I'm glad you were able to make it again to share another beautiful entry @DeaSimmer0 πŸ’œ This is such a lovely story with matching family!

I felt I just couldn't have any judges this week because all the entries were so beautifully touching! Thank you for putting your heart into your households for Mother's Day πŸ’œ This Friday's new challenge will be a prize round and I will try to get the creative direction up earlier than normal so you have more time to create. Check back soon!

Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    Oh I didn't know that you were nominating us this whole time! THANK YOU SO MUCH @GLovely1 you are amazing!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND... I'm curious about this weekend challenge hehehe
  • Options
    SEVENTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE! πŸŽ‰ **PRIZE ROUND**

Creative Direction & Rules:

Let's now turn our attention to other dimensions or more specifically different eras πŸ’œ Stretch your mind going forward or back in time to the world of the decade that contains all of your very favorite things. Do you love the roaring 20's? What about the fabulous 40's? The neon 80's are always great! Your challenge this weekend is to think on any date in history which calls to your creativity. Remember, feel free to fly forward into the future and share with us a window of what you imagine that world to be and show us your vision. You may have from 1 to 8 sims in your household and each sim's outfits should show off the styles of the era you chose as best you can. In your description, please include the era/decade. Also include in the description some kind of story about your household. You can share a true historical fact or simply why this time attracts you to it. Pretend you and your sims are living in this decade then share with us the imaginative household you've made!

Be sure to include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery πŸ’œ

Deadline ~ Monday 5/18 11:00 PM MST

Rules:
    1. Your description should include the decade/era your sims live in and a story that represents that decade and them or an explanation of why you chose this decade.
    2. Design every outfit category for every sim according to your chosen decade/era.
    3. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    4. Only Maxis poses.
    5. Reuploaded/copied creations will be disqualified.
    6. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!

Feel free to post pictures, screenshots (limit 3) here and the link to your creation in the gallery here too! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸŽ‰ Challenge winner will receive a Sims 4 EP, GP or stuff pack of their choice. Runner up will receive a stuff pack of their choice πŸŽ‰

Stay safe at home and happy creating always lovelies! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    @GLovely1 how do you come up with all of these fun challenges?!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @GLovely1 how do you come up with all of these fun challenges?!

You're so sweet @CatharinaSophia ;) Thank you! This time I did have a little help from my friends and sometimes judges @nightlioness and @LukasCreatesSims πŸ’œ We tossed ideas around last night together and this one stuck! I'm glad you like it and I'm excited to see what decade you pick!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    Ohhhhhhh ohh oohh ohhh my head is exploding! So many ideaaas!
  • Options
    LucewithloveLucewithlove Posts: 14 New Member
    This slounds amazing, I can’t wait to get started! πŸ˜πŸ’œ
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hmmm... Just a question, but if we happen to win this one, could we choose Eco Lifestyle as our prize?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Hmmm... Just a question, but if we happen to win this one, could we choose Eco Lifestyle as our prize?

Yes, I that sounds like a plan but I may need to gift it directly through Origin. If that's the case, I'd need the winner to switch their country of origin to US. That way I am able to actually gift packs through Origin.
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»

Yes, I that sounds like a plan but I may need to gift it directly through Origin. If that's the case, I'd need the winner to switch their country of origin to US. That way I am able to actually gift packs through Origin.

Alright, thank you!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's my entry! I decided to get right to it, and I'm very happy with the result. The character limit in the gallery description doesn't nearly do Angie justice. You can download her here.

I went with 1954 because that's the year where integration between schools became legal in the United States. It's a very important bit of history here, and I wanted to keep on making sure it was talked about and that people think about this.

00.jpg

Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    tink247tink247 Posts: 3 New Member
    I worked on my entry all morning and as soon as I posted my family to the gallery someone commented "🐸🐸🐸🐸 this" so I took it down and have decided not to enter :( I wanted to do something simple about the future, post-pandemic but I guess it was wishful thinking. Maybe it's too soon?

Anyway, I really appreciate these prompts to be creative :)

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Hey! I uploaded my household to the gallery. I'll have the background novel and some screenshots ready tomorrow (my computer took almost a full day to install an update, so I couldn't work on them). I decided to go for The Space Race period (on the earlier side of 1955-1975) because I absolutely love Russian space history :D
  • Options
    PatriPatri Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just uploaded my sims to the gallery. There are many decades that I would like to know, but I chose the late 60s and the early 70s, if only for the music I would pay them a visit... I also blame the serie "That '70s Show" with which I had a lot of fun a while ago.πŸ˜‰

Name: "Back to the 60s & 70s"; ID ORIGIN: Patridifusa

https://ea.com/es-es/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EAE1ADE7986C11EA8E2E1E68EA36A5F0?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Patridifusa&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false

https://twitter.com/libersims/status/1262096942869479426?s=20
    (Edited: I definitely don't know how to put picturesπŸ˜…)

It was a little difficult and it took me a lot longer than I thought, to get so many different looks without CC, but I like the result...Hopefully the simmers tooπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—
    Post edited by Patri on
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    @GLovely1 what a fun idea, and I know just what to do :D ! Thank you for all of these fun giveaway challenges - even those of us who don't need the packs are having a blast β™₯
  • Options
    @Amuni50 even though I don't have all the packs @GLovely1 managed to get me my love for CAS back as I was feeling really uninspired. A new pack would be fun, but I actually prefer doing these CAS challenges to explore the CAS I have even more <3
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I also posted these pics on Twitter just now, but it does really make the forum look better so here we go. Inspiration first, Sims picture second (if anyone knows how to size down pics that would be really nice):
    sUfCWdV.jpgGnc2VIA.png
    Nqn8Nwj.jpgrJqYZ5S.png
    R1jdsYA.jpgncM9mGt.png
    EDIT: the Tumblr novel is up now as well.
    Post edited by CatharinaSophia on
  • Options
    Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    tink247 wrote: Β»
    I worked on my entry all morning and as soon as I posted my family to the gallery someone commented "🌺🌺🌺🌺 this" so I took it down and have decided not to enter :( I wanted to do something simple about the future, post-pandemic but I guess it was wishful thinking. Maybe it's too soon?

Good luck everyone!

Tink, I've just seen this post, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Some people just don't think about how hurtful their comments can be. Everyone gets them at some point. Only the other day someone posted 3 times ... now that is really going out of their way to be horrible - first post was "Ew", second post was "EWWWWWW" and the final one just said "Disgusting". :D Its actually quite funny. I've had a few nasties, but from the start I found them hilarious ... my favourite was just a very succinct "NO". :D

Please put back your creation, give the nice people enough time to see it and put some supportive comments on there. Every creation is valid but not every person is going to give nice feedback. Just ignore them ... in the main if you click on their names they have comments turned off on their profiles, they like to hide and poke and hide again. Think how sad that is, the only joy is to try make others unhappy. Don't let them do it ... get that creation back up with pride!!! <3
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello everyone :)

Eileen and Brandie are my entry to the challenge. I went with the 1980's, when bright colors, fancy styles and different music genres were trending back in the day.

Name: 80's Hair Sisters
    Origin ID: mikrolactaki3

Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AAD4DCEC987A11EA852AFEA0248E9294

80sHairSisters.png
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    @tink247 don't let others get to you like that. I'm sure it says more about that person then about your household. And besides that, @GLovely1 and the judges always have the nicest comments, even if you might feel bad about your household <3
  • Options
    Flash5 wrote: Β»
    tink247 wrote: Β»
    I worked on my entry all morning and as soon as I posted my family to the gallery someone commented "🌺🌺🌺🌺 this" so I took it down and have decided not to enter :( I wanted to do something simple about the future, post-pandemic but I guess it was wishful thinking. Maybe it's too soon?

Good luck everyone!

Tink, I've just seen this post, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Some people just don't think about how hurtful their comments can be. Everyone gets them at some point. Only the other day someone posted 3 times ... now that is really going out of their way to be horrible - first post was "Ew", second post was "EWWWWWW" and the final one just said "Disgusting". :D Its actually quite funny. I've had a few nasties, but from the start I found them hilarious ... my favourite was just a very succinct "NO". :D

Please put back your creation, give the nice people enough time to see it and put some supportive comments on there. Every creation is valid but not every person is going to give nice feedback. Just ignore them ... in the main if you click on their names they have comments turned off on their profiles, they like to hide and poke and hide again. Think how sad that is, the only joy is to try make others unhappy. Don't let them do it ... get that creation back up with pride!!! <3

I always get a bit disappointed to see the trolls writing on gallery creations. @tink247 please don't let the ugliness of the gallery ruin your beautiful creativity. I promise we all get those type of comments just like @Flash5 said. Her words are the way we should all create and share in the gallery. Please share again your creation and delete all disrespectful posts you receive on future creations. Thanks so much @Flash5 and @CatharinaSophia for sharing kindness and support to @tink247 πŸ’œ

Your creation was totally groovy @Patri and you capture this decade's essence in many cool ways! Who knew we had that many CAS items to fit that time period?! Love it!

@nerdfashion your young sim is full of innocent confidence as she must need for this historical time period you shared, thank you!

@pagounis Joanne ;) Your sisters are definitely shouting 80's to me! You especially captured the look in their makeup!

@CatharinaSophia I'm amazed at how realistic you managed to get with your simmies and I love the way you brought this amazing time in history to life in our gallery!

Thanks for your supportive words and for joining in for the fun of it @Amuni50 πŸ’œ

There's still time to enter today and then we will begin the process of selecting the two winners tomorrow yaaay! Good luck everyone πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    LucewithloveLucewithlove Posts: 14 New Member
    For this weeks challenge, I thought I would show you a little bit of the history of my homecountry, Czechia. During late 50s, where I placed my characters, Czechoslovakia (which would later become Czechia and Slovakia) were under the Soviet communist regime, which affected the life of everybody in the country. The three girls, Tereza, Julie and Bugina, are each struggling with how this limits their lives, on top of the worries of adulting.

Tereza, Julie and Bugina are three Czechoslovakian women just graduating high school. Juggling their education and romance, they are also dealing with life under Soviet occupation, severely tightened in late 50s. Tereza is the daughter of a pub owner, in love with a young man who deserted from the army and is therefore being searched for by the communist party. Bugina is all about the social life, stuggling with the restrictions of the communist regime due to her wild and goofy nature. Julie wants to pursue education abroad, but can't due to the regime, which will not let her leave the country as her father has spoken up against the system. Many young people like these three friends had similar troubles during the regime, not being able to travel, have an oppinion and love who they want.

I wanted to bring attention to the state my homecountry was in mere 60 years ago (even just 30), to remind us all to value our freedom. For these characters, it would be unimaginable to have the things many of us have today and consider a normal part of our lives.

Here is the link to my Twitter containing some screenshots! https://twitter.com/LuceWithLove/status/1262457311341228035

You can find them on my gallery: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7D2E7CF993811EA81E2D3F8B22EEFB9?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=GLovelysQCC&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false

Thank you for making these challenges, I love venturing into CAS every week and creating stories for my characters. While this week's entry is more on the serious side, I hope you have enjoyed it!
  • Options
    @tink247 heeey I'm with our friends here! I know it's hard, but try not to worry about them, because they don't worth a minute of your time! All they do is hate. Please post your creation!! <3 I'm sure we will love it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top