Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge ๐Ÿ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• QueenEbony1113QueenEbony1113 Posts: 380 Member
    Hey everyone! So sorry for being late to the party. I just got back from a long work day and you guys just made my day!! <3 Thank you to the judges, @GLovely1 and everyone who congratulated me! And of course thanks to @MeowchaFrappe for sharing this contest with me in the first place!

@GLovely1 It's also good to hear that you're feeling much better! The Monster Ball theme sounds exciting as well!

@Flash5 I just read your post from the other day and I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family. <3
    2bcb85bc6df30a1fc5a19f876b8e2f22.jpg
    My real name isn't actually Ebony!
    Mainly a Fandom Simmer!
    I'd totally make Sims videos of the characters in my game but I don't know what to call my channel!
    Twitter: FrerardChild
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited October 2020
    My entry for the new Monster Ball QCC: A Wolf in Disguise

Bio: In the woods he usually hides away, but tonight he came out to play. Handsome and charming, nothing about him seems alarming. But beware of the beast, lest you'll be his feast...

LPJI6dt.png

b7GEu10.png

Edit: I reuploaded him, because I didn't type the MonsterBall hshtag properly.
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    Hey everyone! The name of my entry is 'Patchy and The skater' if you want to find them on the gallery.

Gallery description: Emery and Patchy go WAY way back- When she was touring the world as a professional skater, he was, well, a scarecrow. They met, she gardened, he got a girlfriend... It all worked out in the end. But when Emery hears about a so-called #monsterball and that SHE, a HUMAN, isn't invited, Patchy has to find some way to get Emery in....

Lets just say Patchy isn't thinking outside the box.

"Patchy? Are you SURE this is the best way to get me in?" A muffled Emery yelled in Patchy's ears.

"Your a suitcase, remember? Shush!" Patchy said, fed up with Emery's complaining. I mean, REALLY?

"Patchy? C'mon, lemme out." Out dropped Emery. She dusted herself off and voila, she was in.

"OMG!! Is that EMERY OKUMURA!" A squealing teenage vampire called out from across the snack table.

Suddenly, every monster in the room ran over and almost trampled Patchy and Emery.

"Can I have your Autograph!!!" The teenager yelled from the mob of Monsters and Emery's eyes went wide.

"So, your skating fans?" Emery laughed while sighing everything from shoes to capes to paper- boring.

"YES! Didn't you know? I mean your a monster right? Of course you know!" The Vampire laughed and clutched the autograph in her hands like it was the last drop of blood on earth.

"Oh, yeah! Of course! How could I forget!" Patchy rolled his eyes and went to go grab Emery.

"She's with me, get away, get away." Patchy directed the crowd away from Emery and she sighed a sigh of relief.

"Who's got the best way to get you in NOW?" An (Somewhat) evil laugh later, Emery was now the belle of the ball.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Hey @GLovely1 are we able to make more than one entry for this round? I have a couple of different ideas that I've already started working on hoping I'd eventually like one better than the other. Do I need to choose one or can I use the hashtags on both?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    Hello everyone!

My second entry for this QCC is Lena, a Sea Monster inspired Sim going by the supernatural type of Mermaid.

Title: Ball-Ready Sea Monster
    Origin ID: mikrolactaki3
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4A4F02F50E5C11EB8B8AE70A89303473

unknown.png
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

Title: The Dapper Mr Jiang

Name: Guishi Jiang

Origin ID: tatselk

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F348D574111011EB804E52514E992084

Showcase: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/632302562656256000/the-dapper-mr-jiang

Description: My entry for the Monster Ball challenge: a zombie from another era!

Originally from Shang Simla, Mr Jiang migrated to San Myshuno about a century ago to get rich. Somebody paid Mr Jiang a small fortune to test a potion which put him into a catatonic state. When Mr Jiang woke up decades later, he found that he has now acquired a certain taste forโ€ฆ BRAINS.

FYI Guishi Jiang is a combination of โ€œJiangshiโ€ (โ€œzombieโ€ in Chinese) and โ€œGuiโ€ (โ€œghostโ€ in Chinese). :)

Teaser Pics:

c7cbd9e16c5f3ebc16453adf735c55f435650f6b.jpg

8d0dcff5c31729e4ad5d021c81bf8d6911ba1945.jpg

edited October 2020
    amp107 wrote: ยป
    Hey @GLovely1 are we able to make more than one entry for this round? I have a couple of different ideas that I've already started working on hoping I'd eventually like one better than the other. Do I need to choose one or can I use the hashtags on both?

You can definitely enter more than one monster! Just keep in mind (if you're going to watch the stream), that there are hundreds of entries already, lol. So you might wait a while before seeing them. :D
    phULnBI.png
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@pagounis Love how elegant Virginia looks in her fully coordinated red outfit! And Lena is very pretty with her blue scale-like facepaint. :)

@icanhassims This is such a creative idea and use of face paint. :smiley:

@divanthesimmer Very cool that you created a dual Sim/wolf form for your entry!

@LSB12L Haha, hopefully Emery does manage to get into the Monster Ball!
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    @tatselk Me too haha- I wouldn't want to get on her bad side!
    @pagounis Love how elegant Virginia looks in her fully coordinated red outfit! And Lena is very pretty with her blue scale-like facepaint. :)

@icanhassims This is such a creative idea and use of face paint. :smiley:

@divanthesimmer Very cool that you created a dual Sim/wolf form for your entry!

@LSB12L Haha, hopefully Emery does manage to get into the Monster Ball!

Thank you, @tatselk! Your vampire is also pretty cool! Love his backstory! :)
    phULnBI.png
  • LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    Hi there! I didn't partecipate in the challenges for some time because I was lacking time & inspiration, but I had a look at some of the themes & entries of the last weeks and again, I love to read all these cool & creative stories!! It's always so amazing what you guys come up with! :)
    For this round, I'll probably take part again & hope to share my entry soon.

@Flash5 I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss... You have all my sympathy. Best wishes to you and your family.
    @divanthesimmer thanks for answering my question, I just submitted my first "monster" for the ball :)

Unfortunately, I will have to miss at least the first couple of hours of the stream since I'll be at work and I'm not sure how long the stream will go on. Hopefully there will be some screenshots or a recap of it!

0IzRxZE.jpg
    Deep within the jungle of Simtopia resides the sweetest, the greenest, the muddiest sim of them allโ€ฆ

Swamp Thang, queen of the swamp!!

xH5h14d.jpg
    Of course, she was not always a queen nor was โ€œSwamp Thangโ€ her given name. Born with a condition that gave her skin an irregular texture and a green hue, poor Swamp Thang was teased mercilessly (and worse, feared) by everyone she encountered. They mocked her appearance, calling her a โ€œswamp thing.โ€ Her real identity eventually forgotten after years of bullying, Swamp Thang decided to embrace the misnomer and fled to the place she was convinced she belonged, the jungle swamp.

The swamp became her home. It was a peaceful place where she could be herself without fear of persecution. Within its healing mud, she found her spirit and confidence restored. She not only embraced the swamp thing moniker but owned it, dubbing herself Swamp Thang, Queen of the Swamp, in recognition of her unique beauty and prowess.

While Swamp Thang was finally happy because she loved herself and her home, she was also lonely. She wanted what most everyone wants: companionship.

tf0U9cx.jpg

Then, one October day, as if by magic, an invitation appeared in her mail box. While Miss Thang was not partial to being called a โ€œmonster,โ€ it seemed this year the name would be granting her entrance to a so-called Monster Ball. Swamp Thang found herself both equally insulted and curious by the prospect of the event. Could the invitation be a joke? Had someone from her past found her here in the swamp and decided to continue their cruel behavior? Or could it be a real opportunity to dance the night away amongst fellow misfits? Rude adjectives aside, Swamp Thang knew she had to take the chance. Besides, the bullies from her past couldnโ€™t hurt her anymore. She knew how beautiful she really was.

Swamp Thang spent the weeks leading up to the ball sewing herself a gorgeous gown that would compliment her complexion. On the night of the grand event, after washing the mud from her face she placed a crown of fresh yellow flowers from the garden on her head.

The queen had a ball to attend!

vDXDKav.jpg
    m0V1qap.jpg

Gallery: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D36F4B41131411EB864D52514E992084?category=households&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=swampthing&max=50&maxis=false

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2020
    I finally got inspired and created the Enchanting Voice household!

Some rumors aren't rumors. They can be uncomfortably close to the truth. Marcelline is a beautiful, charming lady at daytime, but when night falls, she turns into a siren. With her beautiful voice, she enchants and lures every sailor to her house, only to destroy their fragile lives forever.

7rPZdio.png
    Marcelline often wears these goggles. I have yet to find out why, maybe she sees something with them that she can't see otherwise?

urz6B1m.png
    Marcelline: 'Lives are fragile... they are threads, waiting to be *SNAP* destroyed.'

Oh PS, I've overhashtagged a bit, I entered Marcelline for both MonsterBall, QCC and Spark'd...
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hello everyone!

A group of unspoken & forgotten Sims gathers every year on one particular day, where they don't have to hide, but be able to express themselves throughout the day, until their next gathering. Here's the Pandora Club members who are ready to attend the Monster Ball party!

No one knows, who is the founder of the club, because the only thing that they knew is, they will receive an invitation to attend the Monster Ball party every year at the same time.

G5ZyAiE.png
    Here is Thaddeus Nostro, a spellcaster & Zada Alexandra, a vampire. They first met at the Forgotten Hollow when Thaddeus attended Straud house party. They instantly fall in love at the very first sight.

U9nteUP.png
    Here is Shadow Halo, a forgotten shadow tribe & Races Staldrae, an alien from Sixam. Though they are a complete opposite of each other, they really enjoy each other company. Ever since they first met, they've become a best friend who enjoys plotting mischievous pranks.

zLtEfts.png
    Here is Arzunor Balvath, a devil & Skipper Aquor, a merman. They are like water & fire. Every time they met, they always cause chaos & constantly in disagreement. There's a time, the whole party ended earlier than planned when Arzunor started a fire just to burn Skipper's tail.

imvOy4H.png
    Here is the twin, Olivia & Emma Pinhead. Although they have a different personality, they love & depends on each other. They've experienced the worst death that anyone could. They were poisoned by someone that they've trusted. Until now, no one knows who poisoned them because they don't want to talk about it at all.

Here's the link to the household! The Pandora Club
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    Hi! Here's my entry to this week's challenge, the "Strange Allies":

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/76F87D8D131811EB8992E70A89303473

"Once upon a time, there was a handsome prince called Aroldo Orsini who had a love affair with the beautiful and powerful sorceress Circรฉ. He, hot-headed and arrogant, and she, capricious and selfish, were anything but an ideal couple, and it's not surprising it didn't end well. In one of their usual arguments, she got so upset with him she cursed him to live forever as a terrible bear-like monster, and then disappeared, leaving him to his fate. Aroldo didn't know how to feel: frustrated by the thought of having to spend the rest of eternity covered with fur, or just annoyed by Circรฉ's bad sense of humour; as his name, "Orsini", derives from the Italian word "orso", which actually means "bear". Was she serious about this?!
    Since then, Aroldo has only had one goal: revenge! But - how could he achieve it?!

Many decades later, he still has no idea what to do, but at least he has found a loyal friend to help him look for a solution: Alain Grenouille. As it turned out, Alain once had been the lover of the very same Circรฉ! Back when he still was an ordinary, yet good looking man, he fell hopelessly in love with the gorgeous sorceress. She enjoyed this for some time, but soon got so bored of him she decided, just for fun, to turn Monsieur "Grenouille" into a weird "frog" creature (so creative...!)

Aroldo is relieved to have found an ally for his revenge plans (though Alain feels like he could easily do without a revenge, if Circรฉ would just generously return him to his human form... But who is he to contradict a Prince Orsini?). They eventually decide to acquire some magical skills to be able to find their enemy & defeat her. After all, they have all the time in the world.

Many more decades pass, and by now Aroldo and Alain have become well respected monsters in the community of spellcasters & occults. But still, they would never have expected to receive an invitation for the exclusive Monster Ball! This might be the opportunity they've always waited for! Circรฉ would never miss the chance to be the center of attention at a legendary party like this, and to meet old friends & potential new love interests, of course. So the two strange allies don't hesitate to get ready for the ball.

Surely, they'll find Circรฉ there to finally confront her. And if not her, maybe some more unlucky, cursed fellow ex lovers to support them in their plans..."
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Hey guys! I promise! I'm working on my entry.

I've just been preoccupied! Hoping to look through the rest of yours soon! :heart:
    Lots of cool and creative ideas here! I've got my monster household made, I just need to add some final touches and a story! :)<3
    Mainly a Fandom Simmer!
    I'd totally make Sims videos of the characters in my game but I don't know what to call my channel!
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    edited October 2020
    Name of the entry for the MONSTER BALL: Ugly as a WITCH
    LINK to gallery: https://www.ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/47A715E015DC11EB8F2AF063F73A62CC
    Some shots + backstory: gallery backstory is below the OUTFITS display image ... but I add some about the concept here:
    Gilda is going to the monster ball because she's always been considered an ugly girl and so she never found a boyfriend and someone to love her ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Gilda is quite an homage to Luigi Pirandello (Italian TOP writer studied as author in school as masterpiece)
    for the philosophy of the "shape" that is in his books and novels:
    when everybody gives you a "shape" = "sees" or thinks something about somebody like a "label" put on .... some persons may decide to stick to that way of being considered even if not quite fitting or if totally different from the truth...
    So Gilda Guapardos decides to live as a witch even if she's not (but her face really has a witchy look and nose) aiming to be finally considered nice looking in a world populated by ugly monsters and witches! Gilda's wish is to be happy and to find love โค๏ธ
    In some way (even if she doesn't wear orange) her story is quite linked also with the "Unity Day" as being offended for the physical looking is a form of bullying ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

b84cdae9e6f7019b08aba6b958772d36.png
    8a82ad3650c799a3ee12b2ae23bfd102.png
    00.jpg

Post edited by FrankieDanySIMS on
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    Chandra the Undead Vamp
    Traits: Evil, Hates Children, Erratic
    Aspiration: Master Vampire
    Download

They tried to kill her..but she came back as an undead. Then they tried to banish her..but she returned and is angry then she was before.and set on a path of revenge.

10-26-20-4-14-17-pm_orig.png
    befunky-collage-undeadvampday_orig.jpg
    darkform-pic-undeadvamp_orig.png
    befunky-collage-undeadvampdark_orig.jpg
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Happy Tuesday forum family ๐Ÿ’œ Thanks once again for stepping up to CAS plate to create some imaginative monsters who will dazzle in their ballroom finest this Saturday during the Halloween stream. I always love coming here to read through all of the extras you all share. I appreciate the extra time you take to make your sim creations come to life!

There's still a few more days for you to share your monster guests with us in the gallery and remember to dress them in ballroom elegance. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Then, mark your calendars to attend the Halloween Monster Ball stream on the 31st beginning at 3:00PM EST. We have the ball venue all set and we'll be bringing all the monsters we can to party together! We'll host giveaways, play party games & have so much fun watching all of our monsters enjoying the Halloween scene! Here's the link to the stream โ†’

One more thing! Most of you have already seen that I'm collaborating with @MenaBuchner @RethaSim and other great friends on bringing awareness to bullying prevention by coloring the gallery in shades of orange for unity! Thanks to those of you who've already joined in this important annual event. If you want to learn more .. and possibly win one of the Sims 4 packs that are on sale now .. check out this tweet โ†’

Then create something orange sweet! Check the hashtag in the gallery #UnityDay2020 and #UnityDay to see some amazing builds, rooms and sims! Ends on the 31st as well ๐Ÿ’œ

As always .. Have fun, be safe and happy creating!!
    Please join my ๐Ÿ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge ๐Ÿ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    I finally have an idea for the challenge, but I don't think that I'll be able to execute it in time. There's been too much stress and tiredness working against me this month. I've only seen the (wonderful!) entries posted here, but I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to check out all the entries on the gallery at some point. I'm not sure that I'll get a chance to see any of the stream, so if I miss it, I hope that everyone has a good time! :) I don't suppose there's any chance of it getting posted to YouTube in one or more parts?

I posted a sim for #UnityDay2020 and used poses for the first time. :) I don't use Twitter, so I won't be participating in that part of it. It's a wonderful idea, and I want to thank you, @GLovely1 , for posting it here so that those who didn't know what it was about, like me, had a chance to participate.
    My entry is almost ready, but I have to regretfully say that I'm going to miss the stream. :/ I have work on Halloween. Hope you guys have fun though!
    Mainly a Fandom Simmer!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    It's amazing how inspiration can strike you at the most random times. As much as I love this theme, I have been struggling quite a bit in the inspiration part... but now I actually have a clear direction that I want to go. And I'm excited.
    @QueenEbony1113 is that the cast of AHS Coven I see on the right side of your signature banner?! <3

0IzRxZE.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top