Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    I spent part of yesterday afternoon making a male and female sim and styling them after doing research online. Now I have to think of a story! I have an idea or two trying to come together, which may require some re-styling or maybe using only one sim. It's all very nebulous right now. πŸ€”

Like @icanhassims and @GLovely1 , I used that dress (in another color, though) for my female sim; something about it screams that era to some of us, I guess. 😊 And @divanthesimmer , yeah, I knew as soon as I read the challenge that the Bowling pack would be helpful. 😁 Alas, I don't have it, so I'll have to work around it, as I'm sure others are. πŸ™‚

I just wanted to say that I'm working on participating in this one too. πŸ™‚ I've only looked at the entries posted here. Great entries so far! πŸ‘
  • SBLoveSBLove Posts: 20 Member
    Here are my finished sims and story! Looking back (since I made these while half-asleep) I see many things I wish to change -Also now I know we could have used stuff that came with EPs, SPs, and GPs but alas its to late I had already posted it to the gallery and made the poster *sigh*
    anyway! One last thing, In the gallery it says I used CC -I didn't! It was only the eye color (Even though I used base game eyes) because I didn't have any eye color on any eye that wasn't labeled as CC and I'm to sacred to take the CC out of my game because I'm afraid it'll mess up my sims, houses and challenges (Which has happened when I did once!) so sorry about that.

[img][/img]65FOGJM.jpg
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Oooh. I'm loving the entries I'm seeing so far.

And thankfully, my idea is nothing like what's been posted so far. At least on the thread. I still have yet to check the gallery.
    Here's my entry, Rockabilly Love:

Richie Davis is the hottest cat around and Penny is his biggest fan. When she finds out that he's coming to her hometown to play, she goes ape! She throws a bash after the concert, hoping that he sees what a cool Betty she is. He makes the scene and has a blast. As they dance the night away, they talk during the slow dances. It dawns on Richie that this is the one for him. He's real gone by the time the night is over and so is she.

882nTjX.jpg
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    I can't post photos of my sims but here's there extended bio!

Connie Smyth and Della 'Jackrabbit' Sparks are made in the shade. Every song they produce is a hit, every movie they star in makes millions, each gig is better than the last. They are living the good life as Del Sol Vally superstars. So..... there going on tour!

People FLIP when they hear the news, and start ticking down the day on there calendar. There on CLOUD 9.

....But when someone in the audience starts 'crusin for a brusin, stuff starts getting rough. The cats out of the bag and chaos insues. Fireworks are being set of, the crowd is going wild (Not in a good way!) and people are getting trampled by the dog out of the box. The girls rep is taking a MASSIVE hit; People are afraid to go to there concerts.

They have no idea what to do or how to do it, and when? All there new songs are flops, all the old ones fell off the charts, and there concerts are nowhere.

They are STRESSED. The life of luxury is no more and there tour is like a wet rag. How should they move on?

Well, the answer is simple. Della, a distant relative of the great Olympia moon (Octavia moons great great great aunt) and she is a silver screen SUPERSTAR. A bit of sweet talking and some hefty promises later, Olympia and the girls release an album. the plan.... The plan works better then they could have ever dreamed of.

With Olympia's name on the cover, it sells. And when I say it sells I mean it breaks Sits 95 radio RECORDS. The moon branding works, and suddenly the Jackrabbit is back in business....

As Moon and the jackrabbits.

Heres the link to the gallery thing (No clue what you call it lol!)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0901AFEAE58D11EA843004A984B98365?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=LSB12L&max=50&maxis=false
    I decided to see if I could make a collage of each sim's outfits, as a couple others have done. It isn't anything fancy, but I thought it might add to my entry without exceeding the 4 picture limit. I'm not going to post the original picture again, since it's just the one from the gallery. Anyway, once again, Rockabilly Love:

Richie Davis is the hottest cat around and Penny is his biggest fan. When she finds out that he's coming to her hometown to play, she goes ape! She throws a bash after the concert, hoping that he sees what a cool Betty she is. He makes the scene and has a blast. As they dance the night away, they talk during the slow dances. It dawns on Richie that this is the one for him. He's real gone by the time the night is over and so is she.

Richie Davis:
    MjTKYSy.png

Penny Hudson:
    pF2iBdh.png

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hello, I’ve been lurking for a bit and I’ve been amazed at how many varying creative ideas can come from just the one theme :hushed: Anyhoo, I thought this time I should actually join in and give it a go. Please, let me know if I break any rules :)

……………...

The Hinton Sisters

Ready to shake, rattle and roll her eyes at a moment’s notice teen tearaway Cherri Hinton is not the kind of girl who takes kindly to older sisters, bobby socks or older sisters called Betty-Mae who alphabetise and colour code their bobby socks. Stuck with a parental guardian/sister/void of un-hip, who thinks a cool cat is a pet with hypothermia, Cherri bitterly regrets the day her parents skipped town to follow The King on tour leaving her with just a headscarf, an Elvis complex and a persistent belief that they were "just popping out for some milk"….. for three years….

Cherri exhibiting her ability to ignore the blatantly obvious

x3NPH1g.png

Now stuck in Smalltownsville, USA a town so square it accidentally invented the right angle, Cherri is doing her very best to make it happening, hip or any other bone structure with a one-woman teen rebellion. Rocking around the clock, twisting the night away and (allegedly) starting at least two great balls of fire. So far she has been met with a satisfying mount of police cautions, but Betty-Mae greets her with nothing but a home-cooked meal and a side helping of unconditional love and support….. it’s the worst…. apart from the cooking which tastes pretty good :yum:

Betty-Mae realising AlphaFFrog’s decision to colour co-ordinate the kitchen with her outfit was the least of her problems :unamused:

We91EcM.png

Until the day Cherri decided to crash the local country club for her live action remake of Jailhouse Rock…. complete with real-life convicts. Simultaneously ruining Betty-Mae’s hopes of moving up in the world and introducing the mayor and his wife to Texas "Open to Anything" Curtis. Now the atmosphere at home, and the mayor’s office, makes the Cold War look like just a slightly awkward tea party. Has Cherri gone too far and driven Betty-Mae to start a rebellion of her own? Are the sisters heading straight for Heartbreak Hotel? :heartbreak: Or will Cherri realise that, when it comes her sister, she might just be a rebel without a cause? :hushed:

Cherri Hinton
    Traits: Dance machine, Glutton
    Aspiration: Chief of Mischief
    Skills: Getting the local authorities, and her sister, all shook up B)

Outfits (l-r) Everyday, formal, athletic, sleep, party, swimwear, hot, cold
    CCF2yeH.png

Betty-Mae Hinton
    Traits: Snob, Foodie, Perfectionist
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Skills: Having the patience of a bobby sock wearing saint

Outfits (l-r) Everyday, formal, athletic, sleep, party, swimwear, hot, cold
    Pp6DeDw.png

P.S Cherri would never steal from Betty-Mae’s wardrobe! The clothes just fell on her accidentally! :innocent:
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    First of all, sorry for being absent. I was so busy the last weeks, but I'm happy to be here now πŸ€— Congrats on the last winners! πŸŽ‰ The new challenge is something I don't really know what to do with, but that makes it a challenge, right? πŸ˜‰ Excited to try it!
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    > @AlphaFFrog said:
    > Hello, I’ve been lurking for a bit and I’ve been amazed at how many varying creative ideas can come from just the one theme :hushed: Anyhoo, I thought this time I should actually join in and give it a go. Please, let me know if I break any rules :)
    >
    > ……………...
    >
    > The Hinton Sisters
    >
    > Ready to shake, rattle and roll her eyes at a moment’s notice teen tearaway Cherri Hinton is not the kind of girl who takes kindly to older sisters, bobby socks or older sisters called Betty-Mae who alphabetise and colour code their bobby socks. Stuck with a parental guardian/sister/void of un-hip, who thinks a cool cat is a pet with hypothermia, Cherri bitterly regrets the day her parents skipped town to follow The King on tour leaving her with just a headscarf, an Elvis complex and a persistent belief that they were "just popping out for some milk"….. for three years….
    >
    >
    > Cherri exhibiting her ability to ignore the blatantly obvious
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    > Now stuck in Smalltownsville, USA a town so square it accidentally invented the right angle, Cherri is doing her very best to make it happening, hip or any other bone structure with a one-woman teen rebellion. Rocking around the clock, twisting the night away and (allegedly) starting at least two great balls of fire. So far she has been met with a satisfying mount of police cautions, but Betty-Mae greets her with nothing but a home-cooked meal and a side helping of unconditional love and support….. it’s the worst…. apart from the cooking which tastes pretty good :yum:
    >
    >
    > Betty-Mae realising AlphaFFrog’s decision to colour co-ordinate the kitchen with her outfit was the least of her problems :unamused:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Until the day Cherri decided to crash the local country club for her live action remake of Jailhouse Rock…. complete with real-life convicts. Simultaneously ruining Betty-Mae’s hopes of moving up in the world and introducing the mayor and his wife to Texas "Open to Anything" Curtis. Now the atmosphere at home, and the mayor’s office, makes the Cold War look like just a slightly awkward tea party. Has Cherri gone too far and driven Betty-Mae to start a rebellion of her own? Are the sisters heading straight for Heartbreak Hotel? :heartbreak: Or will Cherri realise that, when it comes her sister, she might just be a rebel without a cause? :hushed:
    >
    > (Spoiler)

I-I-I.... Thats amazing.
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Hi @GLovely1 Have you put up a new challenge yet? I don’t want to miss it in case I have a chance to participate! Big hugs πŸ€— ❀️
    edited August 2020
    Hi @GLovely1 Have you put up a new challenge yet? I don’t want to miss it in case I have a chance to participate! Big hugs πŸ€— ❀️

@MenaBuchner , I can't speak directly for @GLovely1 of course, but since the current challenge doesn't end until September 4th, I'm guessing we'll get a new one then or the weekend after. Going from having a challenge every week to having one every other week is taking some getting used to, but RL gets busier this time of year for some. πŸ™‚
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    Wow many cool entries !!!
    I do not know if I can express right now some preference (and write them here with creators @ ... ) as this time I'm among the judges as honorary judge for the collab (theme) challenge ...
    so in the doubt I won't write anything yet here ( ... I was told that @GLovely1 got a whip πŸ‘€ πŸ˜‚ ... )
    But I surely got in mind 2 / 3 creations that will get my thumb up vote 🀩 πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Rockabilly Family Club
    Download

Dressing up in rockabilly style started as a costume for a party. They got hooked on everything rockabilly. Now they even started their own rockabilly club and host their own rockabilly parties. Even their son joined the club. You can join too if you got style.

08-31-20-3-11-39-pm_orig.png
    rockabillydad_orig.jpg
    rockabillymom_orig.jpg
    rockabillyson_orig.jpg
  • teumeteume Posts: 22 Member
    this a great idea
  • teumeteume Posts: 22 Member
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Thank you @NeoFelis ! 😘
    You're welcome, @MenaBuchner . I'm happy to help. πŸ™‚
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I adore the Rockabilly style of fashion and in music so when I saw this thread and the current theme, I decided to try to make an entry, my first! I hope I did everything right? o.O Anyway, I'd like to introduce...
    Dean Fisher and Debra Rockwell

nIRPyi7.png

Wardrobe Highlights:

mswzBGJ.png
    bSAhHwT.png

And here's their story:
    Strange Love

Dean Fisher and Debra Rockwell both grew up in Strangerville, or nowheresville as the local kids call it.

With one main drag in and out of town, the only choices to hang were; the library full of nerds and squares, a bar for clydes cruisin' for a bruisin', or the diner. Hogan's Burger Barn was where all the cool cats made the scene. It's where Dean first eyeballed his baby, Debra.

He thinks she's the most and she thinks he's boss. They've been real gone for each other right from the start, it's kookie! Dean's thinking about giving Debra a rock, but he needs to get a gig first to make some bread. Then, he'll be made in the shade. She'll flip!

Dean's plans were cookin' until one night his best friend, Ritchie, creamed his rod while the couple were making out in the backseat. Ritchie was acting like a spaz, making no sense even after Dean threatened to give him a knuckle sandwich.

Ritchie split and Dean would've went after him, but Debra said, "Cool it, the heat's comin'." No sweat. He wasn't going to sing about his best friend. It was just a little dent anyway. He'd get on the horn later and make the goof get with it.

Incredibly, Ritchie was missing for hours and when he finally was found, he didn't remember a thing. He thought it was all a bit on Dean's part, told him to get bent, accused him of being the spaz and split again. If Mayor Roswell hadn't been standing on the sidewalk watching them, he would've pounded him to the ground like he should've before.

That incident was just the beginning. More people began acting like oddballs, and then a strange looking plant started growing all around town. Debra's Mom wanted to burn rubber and get out of Dodge, frankly, so did Debra. She'd always been a little paranoid, but it never bothered Dean, he actually got a kick out of it. Until now. He couldn't have his baby flat out leave him.

Half the heat in town were acting like oddballs too, and the other half insisted nothing was going on which was bad news, so Dean promised to find out what's the tale, nightingale himself if only Debra would stay. She was hep with it and even agreed to help. She's so cool!

VCZKXGh.png
    "You're the most baby, I won't let anybody stop us."
    "Righto, and you're so boss."

Unreal!

Origin ID: Karababy52
    Gallery Link: Rockabilly Debra & Dean
    edited September 2020

Hi everybody πŸ˜ƒ I saw very nice entries (so congrats to every challenger) ...about the backstories: I read as I could (I'm not a english / american mother tongue) and there's quite a lot of informal / slang vocabulary ... it's quite hard to search those words translation or sentence meaning on the dictionary that I refer to (Word Reference)
    .... not to say what Google would translate = he does it really badly as awkward as it can be !!! πŸ™„ ...
    So maybe the thing I'll consider mostly in giving my vote (that will join the other judges's ones) will be the sims look and outfits πŸ˜…πŸŽΈπŸ₯πŸŽ·πŸ™ƒ
    Anyway the general sense was quite decently understood 😁
    Post edited by FrankieDanySIMS on
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited September 2020
    So maybe the thing I'll consider mostly in giving my vote (that will join the other judges's ones) will be the sims look and outfits πŸ˜…πŸŽΈπŸ₯πŸŽ·πŸ™ƒ

@FrankieDanySIMS And pictures maybe?
    I understand what you mean. In the background stories tehre are many slang words used and I too had to look up some. English is not my native language either.
    illusie wrote: Β»

@FrankieDanySIMS And pictures maybe?
    I understand what you mean. In the background stories tehre are many slang words used and I too had to look up some. English is not my native language either.

Ah yes @illusie in the sims look I intended also the pictures because they are still part of the look 😁 πŸ‘πŸ»
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm finally getting to spend some quality time .. oh wait I should try to speak in rockabilly slang lol πŸ˜‚ Hey cool cats! I finally get to hang here and check out what's "buzzin' cuzzin'"! Your entries and extras are just made in the shade. I'm on cloud 9 seeing your boss scenes and your stories are a dream! Your talent is always off the charts and I'm really diggin' what I'm reading πŸ’œ

Thank you so much for continuing to share your creativity with us @pagounis @MenaBuchner @NeoFelis22 @LSB12L @illusie πŸ’œ

I also love seeing new friends to our forum CAS challenges! Welcome to the family @SBLove @AlphaFFrog @Karababy52 .. You knocked it out of the park on your first time! I'm very happy to see more CAS originality joining us πŸ’œ

Thanks for stopping by @teume :D I hope you choose to create in CAS with us soon!

We've missed you around @blue_sky but it's great to see your cheerful spirit here again! You've got a couple more days to create .. hope you can make it this round ;)

BTW, thanks @NeoFelis22 for trying to help with @MenaBuchner question about the new challenge. Yes, you're right, RL is a bit too busy however I do plan to get back to the weekly themes very soon. Challenge 19 will be posted on Friday 9/4 after our current rockabilly theme closes ;) Hint .. I'm sure it will have something to do with the new journey we'll be taking next week .. to a galaxy far, far away ;)

πŸ˜‚ @FrankieDanySIMS .. I rarely have to use the whip hahaha!
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome @GLovely1 and the comments on my entry! Wanted to let you know I just posted a summary in the comments section on the Gallery as requested too. Have a great rest of your week and...

Happy Simming! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top