Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Β«13456772
GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi lovely friends!

I'm rolling out this quick creativity challenge today April 3, 2020 in an effort to give you more exciting things to do as we all #StayAtHome in the weeks ahead. The main goal of this challenge is to design and upload original creations quickly and on weekends only. The focus of these creativity challenges is to grow your CAS skills since that's the creative section I'm most passionate about in The Sims. However, I may choose to challenge you on rooms and builds too as the challenge continues. The rules and creative direction will be posted here each Friday. Create and upload your entry to the gallery beginning each Friday after the new direction/rules post through 11:00PM MST Monday using the hashtag #GLovelysQCC

I love to make Maxis nominations so this challenge will help me find some fantastic things created by you much more easily to share in the nominations threads. It would be very helpful for you to review this link on how Maxis chooses creations to fave before you share your entries. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955438/how-do-we-choose-our-maxis-faves-curation-guide#latest

Randomly I will invite a group of talented creators to judge all of the entries during prize rounds. Prizes will consist of The Sims 4 Expansions, Game or Stuff packs as I choose. I will let you know each Friday when I post the creative directions if that weekend will be a judging weekend prize round.

In addition, please feel free to share your creations here in the form of screenshots (limit 3), description and gallery links weekend after weekend. I'd love to see this thread filled with your Sims creativity!

Also, please share your creations on other platforms too like #Twitter or #Instagram. If you do, please tag me so I can see ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread! I'm so excited to roll out these quick creativity challenges each weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing all the fabulous creations you share with me!

FIRST WEEKEND KICK-OFF -- PRIZE ROUND!

Creative Direction & Rules:

We've all been quarantined at home for various amounts of time now. For this first QCC please create one original family household that resembles your own family household. You can make simselves but that is not a requirement. You may include pets if you have them in your home. In your description please briefly describe your family and share with us what your family is doing to pass the time as we stay home. Do you craft? Write? Game? Read? Bake? Have you reorganized your home? Please share tips and optimism in your description. Be sure to include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery.
  1. Design every outfit category for every sim in the household
  2. Give at least 1 family member the "family oriented" trait
  3. Write your creation description according to the above guide
  4. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC)
  5. Only Maxis poses
  6. Reuploaded/Copied creations will be disqualified
  7. Have a blast creating for us!

This is a prize round so the winner will be chosen by a panel of active gallery sim creators. Winner will receive their choice of either the City Living EP OR the Get Together EP game code redeemable on Origin for PC. (If you have these EP's already and you win you may choose an alternate.)

Stay safe at home and happy simming always lovelies! πŸ’œ
Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
[img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would love to enter, but I already have both City Living and Get Together so I'm going to pass, and just make my sims without officially entering.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
    @nerdfashion if you end up winning you may choose a pack you still need for your game library. Those two were easiest for me since I already have game codes for them ;) Thanks for supporting my new challenge adventure!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    @nerdfashion if you end up winning you may choose a pack you still need for your game library. Those two were easiest for me since I already have game codes for them ;) Thanks for supporting my new challenge adventure!

Thank you! I'll get to work on them in the morning, it's pretty late right now where I am.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Great idea, Lisa! Sounds like fun.
    Thank you for your generosity with the giveaways you have already been doing.
    I have all the packs so may just enter for fun! You know I love CAS! πŸ˜ƒ
  • DewsJazDewsJaz Posts: 2 New Member
    Very excited to join. Doing this for City Living! Thank you so much <3
  • DewsJazDewsJaz Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm Base Game, what does no defaults mean?
    Thanks a bunch for your interest and supportive comments here @nerdfashion @MenaBuchner and @DewsJaz πŸ’œ

I would very much love to see you enter @MenaBuchner ~ I love your sims! I'd love to have you as a prize round judge sometime too :D

I'll be getting in the gallery soon to check the hashtag for new entries @nerdfashion and hope to see yours soon πŸ’œ

And, @DewsJaz and anyone interested in learning more about defaults ~ Check out this forum thread "What are default and non-default skins?" I've also edited my original post to give a brief definition.

Good luck and happy creating lovely friends! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• nightlionessnightlioness Posts: 57 Member
    @GLovely1 This is amazing! Thank you for spreading the love in the Sim community. I have all the packs but will try to whip up some simmies for fun as these challenges are a blast! Please let me know if there is something I can help you with :)
  • Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    What a wonderful way to distract us all and create some fun @GLovely1 β™₯ I have the packs, but I might create something just to spread the word.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2020
    β™₯β™₯Chick Famβ™₯β™₯

I made my fam on the gallery. Here's the pic!

2UXmlKn.png

Earlier I'd made our house, too, for a challenge, so here's our fam doing the normal things lately!
    Playing games in the gameroom

fuqsg9o.png

Enjoying outside

aDrlsD8.png

Here's my daughter playing with our maltipoo, Dolly!

0xmAXoO.jpg

Fun!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • PatriPatri Posts: 83 Member
    I'll try!😊 I wish to get together!😻
    edited April 2020
    I just uploaded my family to the gallery! The names aren't the same of course, but it's a very good visual representation of me and who I'm spending my time with in this quarantine.

00.jpg

Download them here!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MarArriolaMarArriola Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi @GLovely1 !

I am participating in the challenge! I just uploaded my family to the gallery! I own the packages he's giving away, but I've never participated in a challenge or anything like that before and I really wanted to try it out!
    I hope I have done well!
    I don't really know how to put a photo here! I am new participating in the forum too :#
    Thank you for doing this for us and making our isolated time more bearable! <3
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    What a lovely challenge, I can't wait to see what next weeks' one will be. This is my household, I know it's kinda boring, but I guess I can't change who I'm self isolating with :)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/l3nkAVn.png[/img]

Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A8ED957E773E11EA89F28DBC48AB3951
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited April 2020
    Here is my family. I will post in the gallery. Thank you @GLovely1! :) [img][/img]Qcujtmp.png
    Here is my family, me my Hubby and our cat. Our children are grown and have their own families now. During this hard time I am on my computer a lot building and creating in Sims. My hubby is home much more now but still has work too. He is busy puttering around outside a bunch. We are both watching movies and relaxing more. We are used to traveling more to see the Grandchildren but now staying home for the duration of this. Thanks for this fun challenge! :)
  • CarolcolorsCarolcolors Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you for such a wonderful challenge idea! Stay Safe! Love you all!!
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for all of your supportive comments here @nightlioness @pammiechick @Amuni50 @Carolcolors @haswh @CatharinaSophia @MarArriola @nerdfashion and @Patri πŸ’œ I was nervous about starting a forum style challenge but you've all made this inaugural challenge wonderful for me! I love seeing your beautiful families here, in the gallery & even some on Twitter πŸ’œ You've shared some great tips and messages & have made it very difficult for our judges to pick just one winner!

There's a little more time for anyone interested in entering this QCC but in the meantime I thought I would share with you some of my "family" screenshots too :D
    [img][/img]NHzBLXq.png
    [img][/img]GOjiaeg.png
    [img][/img]evToUm7.png

Please keep staying safe at home & have fun simming with me! πŸ’œ
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

@GLovely1 What a sweet family you have! Love watching you have fun together and doing your own things (much like mine. ;) )

Thanks for doing this fun challenge!!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    haswh wrote: Β»
    Here is my family. I will post in the gallery. Thank you @GLovely1! :) [img][/img]Qcujtmp.png
    Here is my family, me my Hubby and our cat. Our children are grown and have their own families now. During this hard time I am on my computer a lot building and creating in Sims. My hubby is home much more now but still has work too. He is busy puttering around outside a bunch. We are both watching movies and relaxing more. We are used to traveling more to see the Grandchildren but now staying home for the duration of this. Thanks for this fun challenge! :)

Awww...love seeing you and your hubby (with kitty!) <3

Stay safe and HUGS!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    Thanks a bunch for your interest and supportive comments here @nerdfashion @MenaBuchner and @DewsJaz πŸ’œ

I would very much love to see you enter @MenaBuchner ~ I love your sims! I'd love to have you as a prize round judge sometime too :D

I'll be getting in the gallery soon to check the hashtag for new entries @nerdfashion and hope to see yours soon πŸ’œ

And, @DewsJaz and anyone interested in learning more about defaults ~ Check out this forum thread "What are default and non-default skins?" I've also edited my original post to give a brief definition.

Good luck and happy creating lovely friends! πŸ’œ

You’re welcome, and I’m definitely up to assist in any way! Just DM me ❀️
    I’ll update my family and post to the gallery this evening, but not entering for the packs this time, I have them all right now 😊

Well, I just uploaded it to the gallery. Sorry to do it now, but had trouble with the internet
    https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/76584932782B11EA890B3A0A7F8BC425
    Name: Artist Love _ ID ORIGIN: Patridifusa
    I've changed a few things (the names, for example) but, it looks a lot like me. Above all, I couldn't add my pet (a cute and adorable bunny) but I don't have "cats & dogs" and I couldn't simulate it.

I hope you like it. And I hope it's not too late to participate😊😊😊
    @GLovely1 - Just uploaded myself and Hubby's simselves to the gallery for your challenge! Hope I'm not too late! <3
    Check out this household in The Sims 4 Gallery! - #GLovelysQCC - Our updated (but still 'Best Life'!) looks for @lovely1_g on Twitter. Our days consist of us working from home now, doing some housework together and just enjoying each others' company and sense of humour. With all our kids having left home now, we are definitely empty nesters! #FamilyOriented #Romantic #MB #NoCC #Soulmate #Family
    It's totally okay about being a bit late @Patri and @MenaBuchner 😊 I'm just happy you could get your families in to join us this time! We've had a wonderful turn out for this inaugural weekend's Quick Creativity Challenge with 23 official entries. Our panel of judges took into consideration your great descriptions, use of CAS tools & overall outfits. It was a close race between first and second place but I'm happy to announce the winner of the EP of their choice is @Carolcolors ✨ I was so happy with your efforts that I decided to give a second place win which is going to @DeaSimmer0. 2nd place prize is a Sims 4 Stuff pack 😁

I look forward to seeing you join future #GLovelysQCC events each weekend. I'll post this coming weekend's theme here on Friday the 10th! Please stay safe & keep on simming on! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

I had to try! :p Congratulations winners!😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top