Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOPHISTICATED MALE (Cycle 3) -Finale complete. Winners' awards here. Closed.

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
s0ssXV1.png

Hi all, Now that Sophisticated Style is almost at a close, I have decided to to another cycle of Sophisticated male but it is based more on the 2020 trends in fashion and accessories that have come around this year.

It will include, shoes, accessories, jackets and other in-trend clothing for 2020. Of course there is much more variety going on so I've chosen a few things that I know Sims 3 and 4 have available in CC.

There will be 8 rounds with a different pieces of clothing, accessories etc. for each round.

MODELLING STYLES AND BODY SHOTS
* There will be a range of body shots included in this competition.

EXTENSIONS AND EDITING
* There will be no eliminations. Extensions can be requested for up to 48 hours. Editing can be done anytime as long as the image is not a completely different one.

GENDER AND SIM GAMES ALLOWED
* This comp is for male teens or young adults. Sims 2, 3 or 4 are welcome. Use in-game shots or your own backgrounds.

NUMBER OF ROUNDS
* There will be only 8 rounds and a final. Each round will be between 5-7 days.

APPLICATION SHOTS
* I request waist-up shot of your Sims and a full body shot of your favourite male Sim on transparent. For the assignments you can use that Sim or any Sim of your choice that you feel fits the assignment. Please include their name with your entries. There will be no restriction on how creative you can be as long as it is appropriate for all age groups.

JUDGE INFORMATION
* The judges will only be required to give a mark out of 20 and there will be no comments (unless requested), or any stringent criteria to follow. It will be up to them to decide how they distribute points. I trust my judges to have an eye for an effective image based on the brief, lighting, size, composition etc, for the different assignments. I would like a waist up shot on transparent from them also as I like to acknowledge their talent and time given as well.

RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* As always, please be encouraging to your peers and contestants, as we are all at different ability levels particularly at this trying time for everyone.
* If there is a problem or you need an explanation about a mark given, I will always be happy to explain. Contact me in a PM or any of the judges, or in this thread; wherever you feel most comfortable.
* If you would like some help or clarification be sure to ask me or one of the judges, we can't do it for you but we can certainly help clarify any questions about things.
* If you feel like you are not getting anywhere in the rounds, please don't be discouraged, ask questions about techniques, how things are done, and anything else you feel they will help you improve on your entries.

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2020
    Please read the outline of the competition before you decide as it gives everyone the information needed so you are able :)B) to choose to join in or not.
    :)
    As far as I know this is the latest tag list so I hope to see you here.

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar @sdangelo78 @Rainesims @JennaCatz @Rahatani

:) = seen new assignment
    <3 = submitted entries
    B) = seen scoreboard
    o:) = application in

Finale- Sheer tops

1. :)B)<3@Spudders_86
    2. :)B)<3@sdtfm
    3. :)B)<3@MyFavoritedesign
    4. :)B)<3@xJojox
    5. :)B)<3@aussiekarima
    6. :)B)<3@TheLastStar
    7. :)B)<3@JennaCatz
    8. @sdangelo78

Judging Panel

1. @Jendowoz
    2. @Melusine377
    3. @deviouslyvivid

edited April 2020
    WQsdYf8.png

S2IgZuu.png

GMzl34y.png
    Meet our potential Male Models! Who will become Sophisticated Male for 2020? Only time will tell.
    liHXxmV.jpg

edited June 2020
    0sVM4dY.png
    Please read each "Quote from the Experts" and the "How to Wear it" information before each assignment, as this is what the judges will be looking for to award points.
    Assignment 1 - Oversized Overcoats
    Quoted from the info from the experts in mens' fashion for 2020
    "When you’ve spent the last year pouring yourself into slim-and skinny-fit everything, the idea of wearing something that doesn’t cling desperately to your calves can be daunting. The key to nailing it lies in knowing how to create a clean, cohesive silhouette from head to toe."

How to Wear It
    "Wearing a pair of tight-fitting trousers and a baggy jacket, for example, will look unbalanced and disproportionate. If your legwear is relaxed, whatever’s on your upper half should be, too. Can be worn with a belt or without."

If you have any trouble finding large coats, you can use google images if you need to. :)

GqSciTg.png

Examples of the Oversized Overcoat and what they are wearing with it.

qSRDhoj.jpg
    Assignment 2 - Bold Boots

The answer to chunky sneaker madness. Everything from classic Chelsea boots to dressy Derbies received the thick-tread treatment over the course of the last year, and with those rugged soles offering increased traction in wintery conditions, this is one of those rare trends that’s as practical as it is stylish.

How to Wear those boots ;)

The best way to rock your boots depends largely on the type of menswear they’re attached to. Some are best paired with sturdy cold-weather pieces. Others, think regular-fit raw denim, a thick twill overshirt. Just steer clear of skinny fits as the chunkiness created by a rugged boot coupled with tight fits, can look a little unbalanced.

No ripped jeans please, these models are sophisticated males with certain taste albeit casual or formal.

9TCMAbF.png

Examples of the range of boots

BVehkiJ.png

How to wear them

771x8e2.png
    Assignment 3 - Relaxed Suiting
    Not all tailoring has to be tight, so why not let loose with some relaxed suiting? From something subtle to extraordinarily over the top, wearing a formal outfit in a casual setting never looked so good. No ties are needed for this relaxed style of suit. It’s best to avoid wearing an office shirt with this, as you may look like you’re in your dad’s clothes. The most important accessory you can wear with this is confidence. Rock it, and you’ll be getting compliments all day!

How to Wear those laid-back suits?
    Pair the suits with sneakers or loafers and a white or matching coloured T-shirt or cravat for a laid back feel, and keep the blazer buttoned up.

The Black Simmer, blewis50 and mmFinds may have something suitable.

WPCEZD7.png
    Examples of relaxed suiting
    YVh5WkQ.jpg
    Assignment 4 - Cross-body bags
    **You may have noticed a pattern emerging...Yes for some rounds I am alternating accessories with part of men's outfits.**

Quoted from the info from the experts in mens' fashion for 2020[/b]
    Keep your belongings safe and sound with a super stylish crossbody bag. Whether it be a messenger-style or something small and neat, these are a great way to secure your stuff and do it fashionably.

How to Wear It
    This is a great way to jazz up any outfit and a practical way to do it. My only expectation is that it is positioned "cross-body" not a shoulder bag.

hkHfAb1.png

rU3kgwJ.png
    Assignment 5 - Outdoor Wear
    For the latest trend in outdoor wear, use layering to create depth and keep legwear relaxed for balance.

How to Wear It
    Pick up a few key pieces and use them to update your current wardrobe. The obvious choices where outdoor gear is concerned would be a technical jacket, a fleece and some mountain-friendly footwear. Accessories shouldn’t be neglected either; think thick textured socks, an appropriate timepiece, suitably outdoorsy luggage or a beanie to tie it all together.

NNZxS1a.png

Examples of latest 2020 outdoor wear

l6tJQVt.png
    Assignment 6 - Patchwork Prints
    Make it loud and wear it proud – patchwork prints are back. From Versace designs to plaid, this is something that looks great on everyone.

How to Wear It
    Wear a shirt with cutouts of different styles and contrasting colors with a white T-shirt to make the whole outfit pop. Stand out even more with funky pants, or keep the top half the hero by pairing it with dark trousers for a classic feel.

sNmRFK4.png

Examples of what men are wearing in Patchwork Prints
    kzFzDN4.jpg

Finale - Sheer Tops

Show off those abs, those tattoos, that gnarly chest hair or whatever you got goin’ on under there with a sheer top.
    Not only does it offer up major style points, it also offers major ventilation!

How to Wear It
    Pair it with a relaxed suit for a fun night out, or don a loose, sheer shirt in the summer.
    A classic sheer top under a blazer is an easy way to try this trend.

The above are ideas from fashion consultants, but you may choose to pair your sheer top with your choice of outfit. *No ripped jeans please* You can virtually make any top sheer by using the eraser tool in Photoshop and I'm sure there is a similar tool in other editing programs also, so lets see just how creative you can be in this finale.

goFKzu3.png

Examples of sheer tops with outfits

LYlihi6.png

edited June 2020
    uhxpbJI.png

Assignment 1 - Oversized Overcoat
    Spudders_86 with Troy Dixon
    JmqCzZt.jpg

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    RKU7kAK.jpg

MyFavoritedesign with Alex Fry
    VIOIBjg.jpg

xjojox with Reuben Church
    eOm7q4Y.png

aussiekarima with Vincent Savage
    ixPI5nr.jpg

Jennacatz with Caedyn James
    qABXqvr.png

sdangelo78 with Jax Sorenson
    nRN8Z3I.jpg

TheLastStar with Mattias
    D31cLXl.png

Assignment 2 - Bold Boots
    uDuEe50.jpg

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    70q2KmP.jpg

vQqyLnv.jpg

GO7esjP.png

6r2dVKR.jpg

9L4UZIj.png

uUOx9Ry.jpg

TheLastStar with Mattias
    VSeAmf9.png

Assignment 3 - Relaxed Suiting
    PVAPQhi.png

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    DpsW4uT.jpg

Dx3bqdW.jpg

F2cKdjG.png

lQDrVAR.png

5CZa0ys.png

wSDtbq4.jpg

TheLastStar with Mattias
    VZvJPmI.jpg

Assignment 4 - Cross-body Bags
    WN2EXwx.png

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    fPd7tOl.png

cYb7Jx6.jpg

EhAmPFb.png

TgVgCOV.png

D8mfS8v.png

Ww7feo9.jpg

TheLastStar with Mattias
    G7epz9c.jpg

Assignment 5 - Outdoor Wear
    NrF7Cyu.png

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    3Jpq8bV.png

QrPXSmV.jpg

ShJlps0.png

ap4op7n.jpg

DlwVmGG.png

ajZmRBq.png

TheLastStar with Mattias
    U55LReO.jpg

Assignment 6 - Patchwork Prints
    hwlNgia.jpg

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    OkG7X0T.jpg

nJ2PFQj.jpg

rQfJzNZ.png

1WIv8a2.png

I1obpa8.png

1CcJ7JY.png

TheLastStar with Mattias
    U6IPYyU.jpg

Finale - Sheer Tops

yngFX4e.jpg

sdtfm with Raphael Rizzo
    xdTxL9j.png

DFWmKTX.jpg

PTJvqnW.png

uLVJs0A.jpg

dVBWkMQ.png

TheLastStar with Mattias
    EDbEZ3S.jpg

edited June 2020
    rPtYq0Q.png
    Finale – Sheer Tops

Congratulations to our top 3 in this last round, except that we have equal first and thirds for this finale. Well done to all of you.
    Congratulations @aussiekarima and @MyFavoritedesign for equal first, @TheLastStar for second and @sdtfm and @JennaCatz for equal third.
    RsaM2Yj.png
    Now for the big announcement!
    A big congratulations to a close finish.
    You have been consistent the whole way through.
    Well done @MyFavoritedesign is Mr Sophisticated 2020. Close runner up, @TheLastStar and @xJojox for 3rd. I will make you banners for your siggy's in the near future.

MDdGU0I.png

Assignment 1 – Oversized Overcoats
    Well done everyone! the scores were very close as we had a tie for 2nd and 3rd. So congratulations to @JennaCatz for placing 1st, @xJojox and @MyFavoritedesign for 2nd and @Spudders_86 and @TheLastStar for 3rd. We based our points on the notes above the assignment, so it is important to read them above every assignment brief. What you wore with the coat, the pose, the clarity, how it blended into the background, lighting and shadow.

We made some general comments for your information. If you would like individual feedback on tips how to improve your images, such as improving size, clarity, lighting, shadow etc., don't hesitate to contact me or one of the other judges via PM.

Dev - General Comments: Devil's in the details, loves! pay attention to the "small" things like perspective, sizing, and pose. Also, double check that your sim is cut out completely. If you need help, check out Miz's tutorials for Gimp or Photoshop.

JenGeneral Comments: Be sure to keep a check on lighting and proportion, pepes. Look around the background you choose to see where the light is coming from. Note how your models’ proportions fit into your backgrounds. Make the appropriate changes either to your background or your model, keeping in mind that we want to see your model clearly and in detail, blending into your background like he is supposed to be there, so use of shadows and light is recommended.

Mel - General Comments: A few lost points for the cutting out, otherwise I think everyone did really well!

KKJiHNp.png
    Assignment 2 – Bold Boots
    Everyone did so well this round that you made it hard for the judges! We ended up with an equal 1st and 3rd place this round, but congratulations to every one of you, you all did a fantastic job.

6aY3bHp.png

I felt this round called for comments so I have made a short comment for all of you this round. So they are here...
    Jen – Spudders Congratulations on coming equal first in this round. Love this shot, the pose and the warm background matches your choice of boots and clothing beautifully. The boots themselves, look great and I know they needed to be the focus, but they could have been toned down a touch, as although they are in the spotlight with Troy, they look a touch bright.

sdtfm – Brightening up Raphael, would have really brought him and your fantastic background into more focus. The pose was fantastic and a great one to show off the boots but bringing him a bit closer and cropping the sides would have helped with this.

MyFavoritedesign – what a fantastic shot; the lighting, background and everything looks great, but as the other judges noticed as well, he was wearing loafers more so than boots, being the focus for this round. The overall shot is very balanced and very pleasing to look at.

Jojo – absolutely loved the warm colouring and how it blended in beautifully with the background. Loved the pose and Reuben’s “come to bed” eye contact! LOL

Aussiekarima – great choice of pose, clothing that went with the boots. His arm doesn’t sit quite right with the chair you chose to sit him in, but your lighting and overall composition apart from the arm looks good.

Jenna – Loved Caedyn’s pensive and relaxed pose. The boots look great, but my eyes are drawn more to his face and the gorgeous expression, so the boots, were more of a secondary focus in this shot.

Sdangelo – Your choice of boot and clothing as well as the background looks fabulous. Loved the colouring and pose. It is a bit hard to see but if that is his shadow behind him, good effort. It could have been a little more distinct, however, if you go by the shadow of the fence railings.

The Last Star– great job and congrats for coming equal first in this round. A bit more contrast would have enhanced this shot even further and the use of brightness on Mattias himself before you merged the layers could have helped. If it is an in-game shot, then add a bit of lighting directly above him, would also help.

This is Dev's breakdown of awarding points for your info, it may help for future rounds.
    Dev – Creativity/composition: 10pts Styling requirements: 7pts, Quality: 3pts.

A couple of comments from Mel as well.

Mel - Judging was hard! You all did so well!

Really high scores this round.

sdtfm, great idea and look but just a little too much background. The model looked great but was just too far away.

MyFavoritedesign, I loved the colours in this one, great pose but I don't think those are boots?

aussiekarima, I found the pose looked awkward, his arms just don't seem to fit
    Assignment 3 – Relaxed Suiting
    I know this round was tricky and the varied scores show this, but you all made a great effort. @MyFavoritedesign congratulations, you achieved the exact look we were after and the other placers did well to get the look they did. If you choose to, please share how you got those looks with everyone else, to help with future rounds.

If you would like any feedback from this round, let us know.
    UaUMUuU.png
    Assignment 4 – Cross-body Bags
    Congrats to @sdtfm yours was a winner the first time we saw it. Coming a close second was @JennaCatz and 3rd, @MyFavoritedesign. Every one of you did so well this round it was hard to judge.
    Flvshpr.png

As always I have the halfway marks below, which is often quite surprising.

GRs2vpT.png
    Assignment 5 – Outdoor Wear
    Fantastic effort to most of you in this round. I am not sure of why a couple of your entries were not what the brief required. The outdoor wear examples and brief showed that it was certain types of jackets/vests that were required. I apologise if you didn't quite understand what was expected or perhaps I didn't make that clear, but at the same time, please ask questions if you are not sure of the expectations and make sure you read the brief and the "Expert's comment" and the "How to wear it" sections above every brief as that is what we mark your points on.

I also know there are a couple of other comps going, so I have reduced the rounds to 6 and a finale. The next round will be the last one before the finale.
    Congrats to @xJojox for coming first, @TheLastStar for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third.

rRohUh2.png
    Assignment 6 – Patchwork Prints
    Great job everyone. Congratulations @TheLastStar for coming first in the top three for this round. @MyFavoritedesign for coming second and @sdtfm for third. The finale will be up shortly. If you look at the scores in the overall round scoreboard you will notice just how close you are to winning the"Mr Sophisticated 2020" title. So it could still be anyone's game with the finale.

FVMsbBS.png
    Overall round totals
    mHx0X2y.png
    daLkRvZ.png
    Winner of Round 1 - Oversized Overcoats @JennaCatz with Caeydn James
    opiF0dM.png
    Equal Winners of Round 2 - Bold Boots @TheLastStar with Mattias Melons and @Spudders_86 with Troy Dixon
    7S3LKDy.jpgghC52Hs.jpg
    Winner of Round 3 - Relaxed Suiting - @MyFavoritedesign
    YkCJqfQ.png
    Winner of Round 4 - Cross-body Bags - @sdtfm
    mBw5cUZ.png
    Winner of Round 5 - Outdoor Wear @xJojox with Reuben Church
    9Ap5I96.png
    Winner of Round 6 - Patchwork Prints @TheLastStar with Mattias Melons
    KDG29LM.png

• Spudders_86Spudders_86 Posts: 270 Member
    Count me in @Jendowoz0612
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    Excellent, glad to have you, @Spudders_86

• sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    I will be joining this as well :)
    Excellent and welcome, @sdtfm :)

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I am in!!!! <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    I hoped you would, @MyFavoritedesign <3

@Jendowoz0612 when do you need the models in by?
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    edited April 2020
    Any time, @Spudders_86. It won't start until we get a few more takers, anyway, so any time will be fine, whenever you want to. <3

• Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 I'm awful at males sims! But would be happy to help judge if you'll have me?
    kMRXphO.gif
    edited April 2020
    @Melusine377

That would be awesome, Mel thank you. Yes, I'd love you to help judge. :) All I need is a waist-up shot of the Sim you want to represent you as a judge. It can be male or female. I recently made a male Sim for someone, and it turned out really well so I'll probably use him. On transparent if you can but don't worry too much if you can't, just put it on a solid colour or white background, as I can always cut it out.

edited April 2020
    Model: Troy Dixon
    22ZDpEu.png
    8yhkVck.png
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    edited April 2020
    ooh very cute, @Spudders_86 I like him. <3

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited April 2020
    i dont really like male contests. nor can i work them.... and i definitely hate making male sims. i havent had a success since 2016 (really true). im still using my old male sims contest male justin... or sean from my stories.
    edited April 2020
    @xJojox Okay, no worries, Jojo :) Sent you a PM.

Here's my entry.
    Raphael Rizzo
    Bqpu8zO.png
    VI1UUEz.jpg
    I'm glad you like him @xJojox :D
    edited April 2020
    Yes he is, @sdtfm very nice.

@xjojox needs judges pepes also, so if you are happy to help, go to her comp here and let her know. Model of the year - Cycle 3

• sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2020
    Post edited by sdangelo78 on
    edited April 2020
    Ooh, very hot guy, @sdangelo78 Love his name. <3 Can you take a full body shot on transparent, those images are for the model wall and I have it set up for full body if it's no trouble. <3