July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

1234568...Next

Comments

• Queen1kob1_Queen1kob1_ Posts: 7 New Member
    When you first begin, even if it is just base game, create you as a sim move into a pre made house and play the general game. Learn the basics via the lessons!
    Don’t cheat until you understand the game play and your game play! After that the. Create a family of two, and learn how to manage more then one sim! Create a family etc
    The more you know about the basics and how you like to play the better the game can be, rather than using cheats first up and missing out on all the good stuff!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,162 Member
    When you first begin, even if it is just base game, create you as a sim move into a pre made house and play the general game. Learn the basics via the lessons!
    Don’t cheat until you understand the game play and your game play! After that the. Create a family of two, and learn how to manage more then one sim! Create a family etc
    The more you know about the basics and how you like to play the better the game can be, rather than using cheats first up and missing out on all the good stuff!

I agree! That's how I learned. :)

Well said @Queen1kob1_
  • Queen1kob1_Queen1kob1_ Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Admiral8Q;c-17559447"][quote="Queen1kob1_;c-17559444"]When you first begin, even if it is just base game, create you as a sim move into a pre made house and play the general game. Learn the basics via the lessons!
    The more you know about the basics and how you like to play the better the game can be, rather than using cheats first up and missing out on all the good stuff![/quote]

I agree! That's how I learned. :)

Well said @Queen1kob1_ [/quote]

It really is the best way! Cover your basics, then if you like break the rules haha

Thank you!
  • JessAlphaJessAlpha Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you all for the great tips, this is not my first time playing but still found great new tips and ideas.
  • LifeofZariaLifeofZaria Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, check out my sims content and let's be friends. (: https://youtu.be/NWWgqOYlNeQ
  • DeGaultDeGault Posts: 2 New Member
    Question about merging households and marriage -- I have a Sim that is in the criminal career track, and she has convinced Nancy Landgraab to leave her husband. Every time they get married, I get to the merge households screen and try to move my Sim in with Nancy (nicer house) and move her husband and son into mine. Then, I end up having to play Geoffrey in my existing house.

I even edited the household by having him and their son leave the household, but THEN when my Sim married Nancy, they went off and I had NO SIM AT ALL :( ugh.

Is there a way for my Sim to "marry up" and get to live in that big house, or is Nancy stuck with the little house?
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 9 New Member
    > @DeGault said:
    > Question about merging households and marriage -- I have a Sim that is in the criminal career track, and she has convinced Nancy Landgraab to leave her husband. Every time they get married, I get to the merge households screen and try to move my Sim in with Nancy (nicer house) and move her husband and son into mine. Then, I end up having to play Geoffrey in my existing house.
    >
    > I even edited the household by having him and their son leave the household, but THEN when my Sim married Nancy, they went off and I had NO SIM AT ALL :( ugh.
    >
    > Is there a way for my Sim to "marry up" and get to live in that big house, or is Nancy stuck with the little house?

Hi DeGault!

I think what you're saying is that after you moved Geoffrey & son into the household you were playing and Nancy & your sim into the Landgraab house, the game loaded the lot with Geoffrey in it? If that's the issue, you don't have to play in that household after the moves.

So, once the game loads up the lot with Geoffrey in it, click on the "Manage Worlds" button in the top right button. This will take you to the worlds overview screen. If you don't want to play Geoffrey & his son, then from this screen click the "Manage Households" button. This brings up a screen with all the sims in your world. Click to remove the heart from Geoffrey's household and they will move to the "Other Households" tab. Any households that you want to play or save for the future, just click the heart to add them to "My Households".

Make sure Nancy & your sim are in the My Households tab. Then close this window and look in Willow Creek. Click on the Landgraab house and you should see your couple in the lower left of the screen. Click on the sim you want to play and then click on the arrow to play them (or just click the big play arrow on the right) and this will load your household on that lot.

After you save and exit, the next time you play you can choose to "Load Game" instead of clicking the big "play" button, and this will open the world screen so you can choose which household you want to play.

I hope this helps - if I'm misunderstanding your issue, please reply back and we'll try to help further. Happy simming!
  • DeGaultDeGault Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BlackjackWidow said:

> Hi DeGault!
    >
    > I think what you're saying is that after you moved Geoffrey & son into the household you were playing and Nancy & your sim into the Landgraab house, the game loaded the lot with Geoffrey in it? If that's the issue, you don't have to play in that household after the moves.
    >
    > So, once the game loads up the lot with Geoffrey in it, click on the "Manage Worlds" button in the top right button. This will take you to the worlds overview screen. If you don't want to play Geoffrey & his son, then from this screen click the "Manage Households" button. This brings up a screen with all the sims in your world. Click to remove the heart from Geoffrey's household and they will move to the "Other Households" tab. Any households that you want to play or save for the future, just click the heart to add them to "My Households".
    >
    > Make sure Nancy & your sim are in the My Households tab. Then close this window and look in Willow Creek. Click on the Landgraab house and you should see your couple in the lower left of the screen. Click on the sim you want to play and then click on the arrow to play them (or just click the big play arrow on the right) and this will load your household on that lot.
    >
    > After you save and exit, the next time you play you can choose to "Load Game" instead of clicking the big "play" button, and this will open the world screen so you can choose which household you want to play.
    >
    > I hope this helps - if I'm misunderstanding your issue, please reply back and we'll try to help further. Happy simming!

That was exactly what I was trying to do! I will go back and do this tonight - thanks!
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,199 Member
    I wish i knew about testingcheats when i started... that cheat has saved me a lot of times. Objects and sims sometimes get bugged. With testingcheats on i shift click and reset them and 99% of the problems i had are gone.
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi I'm new here to the forum, although I'm not a new simmer.

Can anyone give any tips I might of missed :)
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 223 Member
    Hey, I wish everyone had a good 4th of July, wherever you are tonight :smiley:

@SarahLou372 You're welcomed here... that's all I had to know on the forums. They also have Friday highlights and other things going on.
    AxxYIX4.png
    Thank you for the welcome :) Could you please tell me more about the Friday highlights?
    @SarahLou372 Yes! Its link is usually on a light blue banner, right beneath the categories tab, unless you have dismissed it already.
    This week's here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978351/friday-highlight-july-3rd-a-week-on-the-sims-forums

Also you'll be able to PM someone if you are promoted to a Member, you can do so by going to someone else's forum profile page. It's good when I felt like being more personal or asking something off-topic :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
    Wow thank you so much for the info and the link, looks like a pretty awesome thread to be a part of I'll be reading in there 😊😊😊

It would be amazing to become a full member and have access to the whole forum, and be great to message fellow simmers ! And also to chat like you said previously.

Thanks!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 403 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wish i knew about testingcheats when i started... that cheat has saved me a lot of times. Objects and sims sometimes get bugged. With testingcheats on i shift click and reset them and 99% of the problems i had are gone.

With sims that are bugged you dont need to activate cheats to reset them just type in resetsim ( sims first name ) ( sims last name)
    Hope you are having a lovely day
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 403 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

With sims that are bugged you dont need to activate cheats to reset them just type in resetsim ( sims first name ) ( sims last name)

With no brackets
    Hope you are having a lovely day
    From @Cavapoo_king
    Is things like bugged include my Sims peeing fire 🔥?
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 48 Member
    Is things like bugged include my Sims peeing fire 🔥?

Haha yes this is a known bug. Here is the official bug report thread on it: OPEN Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

Follow that link and then click on "me too" under the original post. This lets the people who fix the game know that you are also experiencing the issue. They will eventually get around to fixing it, but probably not too quickly since it isn't detrimental to gameplay.
  • DerianDerian Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 8
    I am not new to sims.. But sims 4 is so very different from 2 and 3.. I still don't understand some of the build tools, but I am sure I will learn.. anyway, my origin id is mama_scarletblue hope you check out some of my creations!! I do have one question right now, not build related.. I only seem to be able to share images with imgur.. is there a way to share directly to the forums, or is there a better photo hosting site than imgur?
    @Derian Pretty sure you've seen this Share Your Newest the Sims 4 Creations Here Folks are welcomed to share theirs there... Most would use imgur when it comes to hosting images.
    If you're having troubles to get your pictures to be embedded in the forums, try making sure the formatting stuff was correctly done for. Then you'll need the direct link to the image, and the file extension right after the url (i.e. usually .png .jpg). If you right click open a image it should take you directly to the picture itself.
    Pictures can actually be uploaded to most social medias, FB, Twitter etc. and their links will work too, albeit inconvenient. There are a handful other image sites but I rarely use them :neutral:
    Anyhow I'm no geek but I hope that had been of any help :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • DerianDerian Posts: 208 Member
    @LibertyTheFree yes that was helpful. Thank-you