Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create residential lot with skyscraper in CAW: thread for SimTecnologic

This is a thread for a new member who cannot create their own. If anyone has an idea how to help, please share.

Comments

• SimTecnologicSimTecnologic Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone :smiley: , I hope someone can help me, I'm trying to make my first world with Caw, and now I have the title problem that I don't know how to solve :'(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi :)
    You're trying to make an apartment? Use Edit in Game and start with a Community lot. :)

There are many tutorials about this, here is one (which I haven't seen but am just showing there are many):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Tf8p-1S9Y

*You don't build it in CAW. You use Edit in Game in CAW or build it in your game and then place it on your map in CAW with EIG.
  • TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    You can modify existing ones.

Or, using the buydebug cheat, pick any of the of buildings labled "Metropolitan Building". They have editable top floors. These turn into apartment lots and you'll need to look up how to edit apartment buildings.
    You'll need the "RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings Off" cheat to edit these buildings.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Hi :)
    > You're trying to make an apartment? Use Edit in Game and start with a Community lot. :)
    >
    > There are many tutorials about this, here is one (which I haven't seen but am just showing there are many):
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Tf8p-1S9Y
    >
    > *You don't build it in CAW. You use Edit in Game in CAW or build it in your game and then place it on your map in CAW with EIG.

Hi, yes I usually do this, but I noticed that in caw there are buildings of last night that in the game do not appear in the list of buildings to put ...
    for example the last night buildings in the game there are only two types of low and rectangular apartments, the red and light gray, in the caw that there are many other types ...
    I was trying to put them in the caw, since those in the game have too much space around the world I want to create ...
    I hope you understand something, it's not my native language;)
    You won't be able to edit those dirrectly in CAW. You would need to edit the lots in game. Make sure buydebug is enabled, there should be 27 highrise shells available to use in edit game.
    > @TombRaider_ said:
    > You won't be able to edit those dirrectly in CAW. You would need to edit the lots in game. Make sure buydebug is enabled, there should be 27 highrise shells available to use in edit game.

ok, tonight I do tests and check better, maybe I missed something, thanks for the help
    Iirc, if you put one of the buildings from CAW on a lot they don't show up correctly in game (as in they will be invisible in game). That is, if i remember correctly.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Iirc, if you put one of the buildings from CAW on a lot they don't show up correctly in game (as in they will be invisible in game). That is, if i remember correctly.

Adding them, or any object, from CAW directly onto a lot will cause routing issues, for the routing on lots and the world is different. Also, you wouldn't be able to edit them anyway. Adding objects directly from CAW is more just for decoration.
    edited April 2020
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Iirc, if you put one of the buildings from CAW on a lot they don't show up correctly in game (as in they will be invisible in game). That is, if i remember correctly.

Adding them, or any object, from CAW directly onto a lot will cause routing issues, for the routing on lots and the world is different. Also, you wouldn't be able to edit them anyway. Adding objects directly from CAW is more just for decoration.

No, it won't add any routing problems.

*I am telling them they won't work. :)
    Hi, since modifying the CAW game, I tried to use the buydebug trick, I can choose and put any of the buildings labeled "Metropolitan Building" and use them as lots of apartments or change them to condominiums, using "RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings Off" to cheat to edit these buildings.
    Thanks everyone for help ;)
    Approffito x another doubt, I can then save the changes made to the lots and buildings built in EIG of the CAW, without creating problems in the Caw, right?
    Hi, since modifying the CAW game, I tried to use the buydebug trick, I can choose and put any of the buildings labeled "Metropolitan Building" and use them as lots of apartments or change them to condominiums, using "RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings Off" to cheat to edit these buildings.
    Thanks everyone for help ;)
    Approffito x another doubt, I can then save the changes made to the lots and buildings built in EIG of the CAW, without creating problems in the Caw, right?

Right. You can switch between EIG and CAW, as long as you save your changes. However, it is always smart to make multiple backup saves along the way, so you can revert back to an older save if something gets messed up.
    > @TombRaider_ said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Right. You can switch between EIG and CAW, as long as you save your changes. However, it is always smart to make multiple backup saves along the way, so you can revert back to an older save if something gets messed up.

ok thanks for the advice, I will make backup saves: D
    But I have a problem, I tried to save in EIG, after making lots, but it gave me an error screen, and it doesn't save uff T_T
    I apologize if I continue to write in this post, but I can not open others being newly registered in the forum
    writes: an error occurred while saving the file .... and then there is a number that I think refers to a lot or something in the lot ....
    And the same error is written several times, I believe almost x every batch I have created
    Hi, @TombRaider_ @Rflong7, sorry by chance do you know why I am not saving the changes in EIG mode? I'm sorry to insist, but I'm stuck at this point T_T
    Hi :)
    I don't know.
    It could be your computer isn't good enough to process; I used to get it a lot before I bought a better computer but that was ages ago.
    It could be your lot is corrupt. It could be CC (the old fall back answer).

1. You should always save your lots to the bin before saving in EIG (I do it while building them since I don't save in EIG until the end).
    2. Make sure to clean your cache files before starting and the DCBackup (all but the ccmerged.package file)
    3. Find the lot and delete it. The number is listed in your CAW in Property Browser - ID (iirc).
    Make sure to save your lot first.
    4. Try EIG again. If it's only that lot, it should be fixed. If it's your computer or CC (if you have it) it will show another lot.
    5. Go back to a world file before it was not saving in EIG and find out what your problem it.

These are only from me guessing. I haven't had to find why in years so I'm sure I've lost a lot of information about it. :(
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Hi :)
    > I don't know.
    > It could be your computer isn't good enough to process; I used to get it a lot before I bought a better computer but that was ages ago.
    > It could be your lot is corrupt. It could be CC (the old fall back answer).
    >
    > 1. You should always save your lots to the bin before saving in EIG (I do it while building them since I don't save in EIG until the end).
    > 2. Make sure to clean your cache files before starting and the DCBackup (all but the ccmerged.package file)
    > 3. Find the lot and delete it. The number is listed in your CAW in Property Browser - ID (iirc).
    > Make sure to save your lot first.
    > 4. Try EIG again. If it's only that lot, it should be fixed. If it's your computer or CC (if you have it) it will show another lot.
    > 5. Go back to a world file before it was not saving in EIG and find out what your problem it.
    >
    > These are only from me guessing. I haven't had to find why in years so I'm sure I've lost a lot of information about it. :(
    Hi, thanks: D
    I think the pc is fine, I usually play the sims without problems with all the expansions, so I think it's not a problem to elaborate, maybe then it's a corrupt lot ...
    I may have used CC, and I took a lot of it from one of the original EA worlds, and modified it to put it in my world though ...

I admit I didn't know I could clean the cache files before I started and DCBackup (all except the ccmerged.package file) ...
    But do I have to clear all the cached files then?

E I did not quite understand where I have to find the lot to delete it and where the Property Browser - ID (iirc) is located in the CAW.
    sorry for the further questions, I am a beginner with caw Y_Y sorry I was wrong to post
    edited April 2020
    I always clean out my cache files from The Sims 3 folder and out of the WorldCache folder. :)
    *I also clean the cache files from CAW but you don't have to.

The Sims 3 CAW takes more with EIG running then the game alone. EIG through CAW is a resource hog. I will usually use a bat file to open EIG without going through CAW if I plan just to place lots. http://modthesims.info/t/453161
    *I think this is it.

What do you mean, "took a lot of it from one of the original EA worlds?" What did you use?

Why do you feel wrong to post? No one here started off knowing everything about CAW. I don't know everything about CAW and I've been playing with it since it was released. :)

The Property Browser:
    UPwXGwU.png
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > I always clean out my cache files from The Sims 3 folder and out of the WorldCache folder. :)
    > *I also clean the cache files from CAW but you don't have to.
    >
    > The Sims 3 CAW takes more with EIG running then the game alone. EIG through CAW is a resource hog. I will usually use a bat file to open EIG without going through CAW if I plan just to place lots. http://modthesims.info/t/453161
    > *I think this is it.
    >
    > What do you mean, "took a lot of it from one of the original EA worlds?" What did you use?
    >
    > Why do you feel wrong to post? No one here started off knowing everything about CAW. I don't know everything about CAW and I've been playing with it since it was released. :)
    >
    > The Property Browser:
    > (Image)

Hi, for wrong to publish I mean that I quoted your message and I did send before putting my reply, so I made two messages instead of one XD
    Ahh now I understand better, thanks for the detailed explanation, now I try to do as you said and tomorrow I'll tell you if it worked: D
    From the original EA world, I mean that I saved a lot of lucy palms that I really like, (the Bistrot Cactus, I think it's called) and in EIG I tried to put it in the world I'm creating ...
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > I always clean out my cache files from The Sims 3 folder and out of the WorldCache folder. :)
    > *I also clean the cache files from CAW but you don't have to.
    >
    > The Sims 3 CAW takes more with EIG running then the game alone. EIG through CAW is a resource hog. I will usually use a bat file to open EIG without going through CAW if I plan just to place lots. http://modthesims.info/t/453161
    > *I think this is it.
    >
    > What do you mean, "took a lot of it from one of the original EA worlds?" What did you use?
    >
    > Why do you feel wrong to post? No one here started off knowing everything about CAW. I don't know everything about CAW and I've been playing with it since it was released. :)
    >
    > The Property Browser:
    > (Image)

Hi, I tried to look for the 14 IDs of which the dice "save error" but while checking all the lots and objects that I entered in my world, I did not find those 14 IDs, how is it possible ?!
    Tonight I try to clean all my cache files from The Sims 3 folder and the WorldCache folder and also the cache files from CAW and see if anything changes ....
    Maybe it's the objects on the lots?
    If you like, I can look at your files and see if I find anything. You'd have to upload the world folder and the .world file and send me a link.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Maybe it's the objects on the lots?
    > If you like, I can look at your files and see if I find anything. You'd have to upload the world folder and the .world file and send me a link.
    Yes, if I can understand how to upload it, I will send you the link, thank you very kind! Meanwhile, I have scorpeto that does not save even if the lots are empty, without buildings ...
    I can't find how to send you the link in a private message