Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't upload sims to The Exchange

I know this has be posted a thousand times, but they all seem to be from 2014 or earlier.

I originally tried to upload a sim to The Exchange, with CC and custom images. It said that it had uploaded successfully, but it wasn't showing up on My Studio. I looked it up and people said to upload it again, so I did, and decided to try only using a custom image for the thumbnail. Still had the same problem. I decided to then try and upload a totally random sim to see if it was uploading anything at all. It worked, with no difficulties. So, I then tried to take away most of the CC (the random sim did have some CC), tried both with and without custom images, and I think it was at this point where I started to get that red circle cross icon, with the error message being "Upload Failed: Network error. Please try again", despite my internet working perfectly fine, even for thesims3.com itself. I tried uploading a random sim again, this time with no CC at all and no custom images, and I got the same upload failed status.

That was yesterday. I tried again today, thinking maybe there was a limit to how many sims I could upload per day or something, but I got the same thing.

Has anyone else been having trouble uploading to The Exchange recently? I only started playing Sims 3 again yesterday after a few years, so I'm not sure if this is a new issue or not. I know a lot of people had issues with it in 2014.

I'm on Windows 10. And the patch version I have is 1.69.43.024017
Raised by The Sims o:)
I'm pvmpkinpixie on The Gallery (:
My Tumblr

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2020
    More than likely, the CC you are using can't be uploaded to the exchange, sometimes it lets you upload them, sometimes not.But it sounds like you tried removing it, so now we can assume that it's a launcher issue.
    one thing you could try is go to your computer's search box and type in Internet explorer, and clear the Cache.Even if you don't use IE, the launcher does and sometimes things go funky.This is first thing we usually recommend when the launcher is acting up.

Now that you did that, go back into your game, rename the upload and try again.

• Options
    GeorgieGirl4GeorgieGirl4 Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you so much for your response! Unfortunately, I tried that, and it's still not working.
    Amongst that, I also tried logging in and out, both in the Main Menu and in the Launcher, and tried starting a new game and uploading a random sim (that I checked had no CC) from the new game save.
    My Tumblr
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Let me try uploading something and see if it works.
  • Options
    GeorgieGirl4GeorgieGirl4 Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks! Any updates?
    My Tumblr