Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edits and Character Creations- WhatCobblers' Art

Been trying to get back into illustration recently and had a play around with Photoshop. This mural was inspired by a graphic used on the forum website for the 20th anniversary (apologies, I'm afraid I can't find the post it was on).
cZkInMO.png
I don't own the Sims 4 logo. All sims in this picture are my own creations in the game and my favourites to play.
From left to right: Samphy Sparke-Undine (spellcaster), Leoni Strange (warlock/vampire), Ikkanu Happati (mermaid), Rhydia Strange (warlock/vampire), Tadeo Quest (warlock/wampire), Norrell Quest (warlock/vampire), Jelly Moulder (vampire), Kio Nightmear (vampire), Zoya Garxion (vampire).

It varies how much time I get to do arty things like this but would like to post some drawings too if I get chance. My main interest is in fantasy characters (potentially for writing projects in future).

Please show me your character creations too! :)

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I love how different your Sims look, @WhatCobblers, all of them with their background stories! It's great to try to imagine what they like or how they live based on this mural. Thanks for sharing! :smiley:
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2020
    Thank you @EA_Mai, glad you like it. I do enjoy imagining the scenarios they would get themselves into. As you can see Norrell is the biggest poser of the bunch and also one of the biggest mischief makers. Tadeo (twin brother) is frequently embarrassed by him. 😁
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hahaha I almost asked why ‘the green skinned, pink hair’ Sim was embarrassed - that explains it! :D
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hahaha I almost asked why ‘the green skinned, pink hair’ Sim was embarrassed - that explains it! :D

Ha ha! Yes Tadeo is easily embarrassed by quite a lot of things, including his appearance (he wears black pretty much all the time to try and blend in). His hair is in fact magical. 🙂
    edited April 2020
    A drawing of Ikkanu being worried by a fish.
    eVuQgJZ.png
    Ikkanu is a timid, jittery mermaid. Even small creatures can make him jump.

Experimenting with digital colouring (Photoshop). It's been a while since I've done this.
    hclTe4Z.png
    Kio and his pet alien plant, Stella.
    edited September 2020
    Just for a bit of fun.
    Movie Parody 1: The Sound of Music
    Felt like doing a movie re-enactment with my sims and as Norrell and Leoni are both pranksters and music lovers...
    FWSaxrf.png
    The Sound of Music is (I imagine) one of their favourite musicals. I took inspiration from a poster found online and put this together in photoshop (and discovered sim fart gas is quite tricky to edit!)
    Norrell and Leoni are vampire/ warlock hybrids. Both musical ability and mischief run in the Strange-Quest family. They would love to be the next Von Trapp family singers (only 2 more kids to go! Did I mention both parents are slightly crazy too?)
    Left to right: Papillon, Andante, Nocturne, Leoni, Rhapsody, Toccata, Norrell.
    Couldn't find exactly the matching font and have just realised I also forgot the shadows but never mind. :)
  • Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    These are so awesome! Something I want to learn how to do!
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @WhatCobblers I love your Sims and your art!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited January 2021
    Movie Parody 2: Cats
    EnlTq5M.png
    Inspired by the film poster for the musical. Cats is one of my favourite musicals so had to do a Sims version.
    Left hand side (from top to bottom): Samphy Sparke-Undine, Rhydia Strange, Nora Molo, Andromeda Boggins and Tadeo Quest, Norrell Quest and Leoni Strange.
    Centre: Yurvig Ferris.
    Right hand side (from top to bottom): Kio Nightmear and Ikkanu Happati, Shaquilla Byzantine, Yesenia Noelle.

Was fun playing around with lighting effects. The trickiest bit was trying to position some of the characters so they looked like they were holding the ladders.
    Joyce777 wrote: »
    These are so awesome! Something I want to learn how to do!

Hi @Joyce777 sorry I wasn't sure before if you meant mine or the video channel that was posted just before your comment (I think this has now been moved somewhere else).

I made the movie posters and sims graphics in Photoshop; selected different scenery and characters from various screenshots using the Quick Selection tool, then copied and pasted them into a background. I put lighting effects on the sims using the Render options and drew in extra lights and sparkles with the Paintbrush tool (used different opacities over each other to create a glowing effect). I also usually end up using the eraser a lot to rub out bits of selection that I don't need (the selection tool can be a bit fiddly to get exact).

Sometimes in digital works I'll also select a bit of a character's clothing and play around with different hues (love doing this). Also use the Brightness/ Contrast settings a lot too.

Hope this is useful and that you get a chance to do it. I find Photoshop great fun for just experimenting with images. :)

The drawings were hand-drawn first, then scanned in and coloured in Photoshop.
    edited March 2021
    More digital drawing practice: Norrell.
    SbwisSi.png
    The pose is meant to be him doing a Freddie Mercury impression, as Queen is one of his favourite bands.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Very nice!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited October 2021
    Aw thanks. :) Been wanting to draw him for a while but couldn't get his face shape how I wanted it beforehand.
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on

Digital drawing: Tadeo
    B3Qq74i.png
    Experimented with adding a bit of sparkle and glow to emphasise Tadeo's magic hair. I imagine him to have much longer (and messier) hair than in his sim version.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Nice designs you have made, they look awesome! :)
    Thank you @Hauk150 , I enjoy making them. 🙂
    edited October 2021
    Movie Parody 3:
    I can't mention part of the title of the movie this is based on because of censors. 😁
    9ajADuS.png
    The poster of the real movie presented an interesting challenge to mimic because of the minimal colour scheme (in the real version, the only bit of colour is a pink party dress and the title). I might have gone a bit over the top with the sparkles...
    Star of this poster is spellcaster Samphy Sparke-Undine.
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
    edited January 2022
    Digital drawing practice: Sea Slug
    9Jo3BOY.jpg

Samphy, Kio and Ikkanu discover some of the island's wildlife. Played around with the Smudge tool in Photoshop for the water effects. I also found it useful for blending the patterns on Ikkanu's tail.
    Was originally planning to have Mua Pel'am nearer and show more of the coral reefs/ rocks under the water but then felt that this would clutter the background a bit too much.
    (NB: Kio has taken his Sun Resistance Potion prior to this event, but I thought I'd add some vampire smoke to his flying).

Samphy: "Wow! Would you look at the size of this thing!"
    Kio: "It's so cute!"
    Ikkanu: "YAAAAAGH! Get it away! Get it away from me!"

Halloween Greetings!
    1Qvfyo3.png

I like how this turned into a colour wheel of sorts.
    Got a bit over excited with Ikkanu's (merman in top right) notes but oh well. I just love the colourful glowiness of them! Love all the brightly coloured glowy things in general in this game so wanted to celebrate that here.