Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sims5 we need a shiny new game with new graphics and new gameplay
    How many people who 'don't want TS4 to ever end' will jump ship at the very sight of an actual decent Sims game?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I don't see the point of ending it or beginning another Sims (5) you know why because they will just put in the same game play they did with Sims 4 everything in sims 4 we already had in other Sims games. Even if you don't agree it is so with the exception of a few add in ins. Mostly the game play is the same I don't really think they can do much else with the game. It basically is about Life in general it isn't about killing monsters or bad creatures it is about Life. Unless they change the entire game but then it wouldn't be the sims.

I agree with doogerie - the iterations are not all the same. TS1 is 2D, TS2 is 3D, TS3 is open world with town dynamics, and TS4....is a lack-lustred, recycled multiplayer turned single player game.

With TS1, TS2 and TS3, they were vastly different from each other, so they didn't all have the same things. But what they all had was amazing gameplay to make up for any losses.

When I played TS2, I missed playing the "Makin' Magic" and "Superstar" EPs from TS1, but all the new gameplay and detailed animations in TS2 made up for that.

When I play TS3, I missed the detailed animations and the ease of running a business with the Open For Business EP of TS2, but the open world, CASt, Create-A-World, Create-A-Pattern, and the flexibility of gameplay in TS3 more than made up for all that.

TS4 on the other hand doesn't have a lot of the things from previous iterations too, BUT it doesn't have much to make up for the losses either. So yeah, time to move on to the next iteration.

EAxis has competition this time, with Paralives and Paradox Tectonic, so they can't be cheap and do minimal work on TS5 like they have with TS4. TS5 will have to be AMAZING.

It is about time there was some competition for The Sims. For years no one would touch the theme but the genre is open to all.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    None of the options. I want:

-Sims 4 to go on for 2/3 years with major changes (like the ones included in the last 2 surveys)
    -Sims 1 remastered/ available on Origin even if not remastered
    -Sims 3 with fixes and 64bit support
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don’t want the sims 4 to ever end.
    How many people who 'don't want TS4 to ever end' will jump ship at the very sight of an actual decent Sims game?

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, but personally Sims 4 is very decent. Sims 1-3 were fun-ish but I get bored easily with them and now years later after playing Sims 4 I just can't go back. I play a couple hours to "give it a chance" and quit. Sims 4 I can spend hours and hours on as I love it so much. At this point, it's such a great game I can't imagine wanting to spend a bunch of money to restart a new one. I'd miss my save file too much and be starting again. The game feels quite complete to me and while I love new content, it's an unneeded bonus. I could play for many many years with what's available now still.

So if I DID purchase Sims 5 I wouldn't "jump ship" but play both if that makes sense.

For me to purchase Sims 5 it's have to basically be Sims 4 art style wise/sim personality wise/game play wise but maybe with Sims 2 animation style and add in story progression and gradual aging so that there's a full life stage for a 1 year old that's diff than a 2 that's diff than a 3 year old etc.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    5 more years I am not ready for this to end yet.
    Busufu wrote: »
    Please do not hate :D
    I am very happy with the game and imo it could go on forever :).

hahaha Same. I just didn't vote because I was like, I wander what sims 5 looks like hahaha
  • Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Most of them will, let's be real.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 2 recode with new graphics better optimisation Sims4 AI that kid of thing
    Honestly worried when the Sims 5 comes out being online. Sims community isn't the friendliest or inclusive of places right now, so don't want a game where it would just be a warzone of fighting. There are already games like Fornite for things like that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Sims 2 AI is better than Sims 4 AI.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I want The Sims 2 released on Steam. The original game, no messing with it by EA.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I don’t want the sims 4 to ever end.
    Hope it's cars and other vehicles like school bus, carpool, garages, helicopters, delivery vehicles.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want pool slides,pool waterfalls and hammocks.

Well I will be buying Paralives but I don't have any intention on jumping ship. I will continue to support EA/Maxis with The Sims 4 and Sims 5.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Honestly worried when the Sims 5 comes out being online. Sims community isn't the friendliest or inclusive of places right now, so don't want a game where it would just be a warzone of fighting. There are already games like Fornite for things like that.

There will be a Single Player Version as well.
    edited May 2020

That will be more shallow than the Sims 4 because of the focus being online. It is like they are trying to turn the PC games into being like the mobile games full of microtransactions. I've played online versions of the Sims before, don't expect the offline version to be any good. That is what the Sims 4 was going to be like and it failed. Do people not remember what happened with SimCity 2013?
    https://simcity.fandom.com/wiki/SimCity_(2013)

"Due to the severe backlash and negative reviews due to the always online requirement of SimCity, On May 6th, 2013, EA and Maxis revealed The Sims 4, released on September 2, 2014. Maxis stated in a video that the reason The Sims 4 will not require internet and will not have online features is to avoid another fan backlash, as EA and Maxis were not expecting such a huge backlash over the online requirement of SimCity. They also revealed in a video that The Sims 4 will use the same engine SimCity uses GlassBox, and hinted at the possibility of a feature SimCity 4 and The Sims 2 had, where the player could make a city layout in SimCity 4, and use it in The Sims 2. They hinted that may be implemented at a later date."

The reason why they were pushing always online for SimCity and the Sims 4: "EA has said the reasoning behind the 'always online' system is to prevent downloading the game illegally and playing single-player mode. On March 3rd Ryan Lashley started a petition on Change.org to make EA remove the connection requirement. Word spread across the Internet, quickly reaching Reddit and YouTube, where the petition gathered roughly 50,000 signatures in five days."
    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/2013-simcity-release-controversy

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/675337/the-sims-4-will-not-be-online-confirmed-by-ea-maxis

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/awwrnz/the_sims_olympus_originally_mmo_game_later/

https://lostmediawiki.com/The_Sims_4_(unresurfaced_prototypes_of_simulator_game;_2008-2014)

So are you ok with the Sims 5 going through what the Sims 4 again with unstable servers Maxis had with their SimCity series? I rather them not waste millions of dollars on that failed attempt again and risk another Maxis studio closing. I feel like history is repeating again and EA is going to treat the Sims 5 like a lab rat like they did with the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

That will be more shallow than the Sims 4 because of the focus being online. It is like they are trying to turn the PC games into being like the mobile games full of microtransactions. I've played online versions of the Sims before, don't expect the offline version to be any good. That is what the Sims 4 was going to be like and it failed. Do people not remember what happened with SimCity 2013?
    https://simcity.fandom.com/wiki/SimCity_(2013)

"Due to the severe backlash and negative reviews due to the always online requirement of SimCity, On May 6th, 2013, EA and Maxis revealed The Sims 4, released on September 2, 2014. Maxis stated in a video that the reason The Sims 4 will not require internet and will not have online features is to avoid another fan backlash, as EA and Maxis were not expecting such a huge backlash over the online requirement of SimCity. They also revealed in a video that The Sims 4 will use the same engine SimCity uses GlassBox, and hinted at the possibility of a feature SimCity 4 and The Sims 2 had, where the player could make a city layout in SimCity 4, and use it in The Sims 2. They hinted that may be implemented at a later date."

The reason why they were pushing always online for SimCity and the Sims 4: "EA has said the reasoning behind the 'always online' system is to prevent downloading the game illegally and playing single-player mode. On March 3rd Ryan Lashley started a petition on Change.org to make EA remove the connection requirement. Word spread across the Internet, quickly reaching Reddit and YouTube, where the petition gathered roughly 50,000 signatures in five days."
    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/2013-simcity-release-controversy

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/675337/the-sims-4-will-not-be-online-confirmed-by-ea-maxis

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/awwrnz/the_sims_olympus_originally_mmo_game_later/

https://lostmediawiki.com/The_Sims_4_(unresurfaced_prototypes_of_simulator_game;_2008-2014)

So are you ok with the Sims 5 going through what the Sims 4 again with unstable servers Maxis had with their SimCity series? I rather them not waste millions of dollars on that failed attempt again and risk another Maxis studio closing. I feel like history is repeating again and EA is going to treat the Sims 5 like a lab rat like they did with the Sims 4.

Hopefully they'll ditch the Online Version before it releases.

Hopefully they'll ditch the Online Version before it releases.
    I hope so. Makes me scared about the Sims future.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like a sims 5, but maybe not until next Christmas.
    Maybe it could be announced early next year, that would give about 12 months or so to release the final packs for ts4
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I personally would love to see a combination of Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4. All the things that made each game great into one big game!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Just let the game die already
    I was a bit torn between this choice and the Sims 5 one but I won't care much for the Sims 5 if their version of new is along the lines of all the new in Sims 4. It would have to be done right, but I do know I'm ready for the current game to end. I don't see it improving, they just add stuff to it. It means nothing without fixing those things that make the game feel shallow.

I say fix The Sims 4, at the very least fix the bugs, then end it and make a Sims 5 that not only takes the best of the previous Sims games but that also offers a lot of legitimate new features, gameplay, and depth as well.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Just let the game die already
    I'm not really sure what you mean by 'recode'. They are an odd set of questions.

In some aspects it mean remaster or redo the work that was done by new coding that would utilize new technology. However I would not hold my breath on that as EA/Maxis is not willing to spend money in redoing this game. The level of drawing power drawing me to this game has been over for some time and even if they redid the code I am too spoiled by the newer games to give Sims 4 an second look. I still have the game on my systems but I refuse to go in as it is dull to play and everything in Sims 4 is predictable for me less caffeine and more fluff. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I want the Sims 4 to carry on, I worry with the Sims 5 that the engine wouldn't be powerful enough yet for it to be a good game and it would just be a reskinned Sims 4 which nobody wants. TS4 should carry on until tech has improved enough for TS5 to be an improvement
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Sims 4 still has more themes to go. Plus, with the freeze on the sickness quarantine throughout the world has slowed down everything to a crawl.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I just think they should take the framework of The Sims 3 and modernize the graphics and game play options to fit with a modern Sims feel. I don't think the graphics should be super cartoony like TS4 but some quality realistic graphics would be awesome. I think open world should be brought back as well as better developed teens and children. (IE the thread of learning how to drive and being brought home after breaking curfew)
    TS2 and TS3 both had a degree of depth and realism that is missing in TS4.
    I think TS4 has been drug on too long, especially with it being as flawed of a game as it is. I think that EA has just been churning out pack after pack as a way to generate more easy revenue instead of investing time in creating a game that will be as enjoyable and memorable as previous editions.
    Those of us who've played TS2 and TS3 remember it and still enjoy them bc they were memorable games. If the YouTube base wasn't so TS4 geared and I could get more traction making TS3 videos I likely wouldn't play TS4 nearly as much as I do currently.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    I DONT WANT ECO LIVING AS AN EP
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I voted for 5 more years. I'm happy with what we have, though I'd love bunkbeds (now that ladders will be in-game, so will the climbing animation), cars, and garage doors. I also prefer the way Sims 3 did friezes as a separate intermediary space between floors. Simply extending the walls doesn't work in all situations. A real frieze allows for a sloped roof on a porch without interfering with window placement on walls on the second floor. Otherwise, I like the current game. We just been more content and a few building changes.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.