Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packaged Lots Questions/Help

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 2
When we send a lot we built to file (packaged lots) it gathers every recolor of every custom door and a few other items which make these files huge. Or at least in my case. I decided to remove all my cc and just add back what I wanted to use such as the decorations and stuff in lots I build not the entire fifty recolors of a door, and or windows and or objects etc. The thing is when I want to install that lot into a fresh game all those things come along (sometimes even when I say no with the Sims2PkCleaner). It's not that I don't want the objects and or doors and windows etc. in the game only that I don't want to put back in the fifty recolors the game picks up no matter if that isn't the recolor we used for a door etc.

There are two problems with this, 1. The game grabs every recolor it can find. So, it's possible if you used two or three different doors, it may also grab twenty or thirty recolors per door used....

2.Of course it never fails it may not pick up the recolor of an object (never fails) that you did want back in the game without having to reinstall every piece of custom content the right way. Such as it may pick up a mesh for a particular window or end table etc. but not the recolor it needs so it flashes blue in game and you having to find the recolor for it to work.

Bummer.

I wanted just to install my cc back that way. By the lots I was going to use (that I built) and the Sims I had created and only the cc they are wearing.

Two questions, how can I clean those lots of all those extra recolors without having to untick each one with Clean Installer and may miss the one I did want. And the other question is this, How does anyone find which MD5 mesh number belongs to a particular recolor file? Are there any tools for this that would help remove any unnecessary recolors or find the right one, besids Sims 2 Pk Cleaner? Like clean it up before we package a lot?

Thank you,

Example of installing a lot: Just A Door, cc recolors may be around fifty...what if I just want the one I used on the lot? How does anyone figure that out after a lot has been packaged? 2. End table, yes, keep that in lot, but the recolor missing...how does anyone find that recolor so it will work without having to reinstall the cc from WinRAR or ZIP again, just wanted the one end table. lol
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    Updating this post. If anyone knows of a different tool, hope you will post about it. But I was able to locate the recolor for end table, (by searching windows) thank goodness HolySimoly always named recolors to match the object, and or put in the description of an object it would have it's recolors tied to a different object such as the chest of drawers or bed etc. But it's not so easy to run these down when the creator fails to put in the description of the object flashing blue in the buymode, that it is the slave of an object and needs the master object or package file before it would work.

Normally all my cc was in folders and devided that way but as I said I was trying just to install the least amount of cc I liked that were actually used in my lots and or on my Sims so this is a chore, I really didn't need 50+ door recolors etc. just the right one. Because if I only install back in the cc on my lots I packaged then I go down to less than 1GB of cc instead of the 4.5-13.5GBs :D But need to learn how to find the right recolor number for the MD5 number to match the object.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I wish I could help. I would clean my downloads folder instead. :(

Maybe the Downloads Organizer can help you clean up your downloads and remove the CC you don't want?
    https://modthesims.info/d/227925/delphy-s-download-organiser-v1-2-6365-updated-6th-june-2017.html
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    Thank you Rflong7 I remember that now, lol. Thank you for the link. I was wondering how do those people on MTS package their files since MTS makes them clean them up (no extra recolors etc.) if they upload lots, do you know? Because it's one of their requirements so they must know. I was just wondering what tool they use to find the right recolor for a custom door etc. because it would cut down a lot of unneccessary recolors in my game if I knew how to match the object mesh to a particular recolor and ditch the rest. Thank you. I'll see if I can match this stuff up with the Delphy tool.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't know. I've only uploaded clean files (no CC or mods installed).