Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Tips? [Realm of Magic]

MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
So, I’m downloading Sims 4 Realm of Magic tommorow, any tips to help me?
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Befriend all three Sages. Each will teach you one spell of their School, and one Potion, once per day - provided you have the skill to learn it.

You can also Search for Tomes in the bookcases at Magic HQ. Likewise, the familiars sitting around in orbs as decor can be claimed.

Duels for knowledge can also be a great way to unlock new spells. Friendly duels improve relationship and boost Social motive. Both give magical skill gain as well.

You don't need a wand - they are purely aesthetic.

If you buy a Deathflower at Caster's Alley, plant it. Then, when you have the skill, cast Copypasto on the plant - they are good money for a harvest.
  • MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    @Sindocat Alright thanks so much! :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Explore the worlds, both resedential and macigal, for harvestable plants and things to dig up. Make sure your residental lot has enough open land for gardens. This will both save money on potion ingredients and provide side income.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    In my experience, it's really easy to get cursed when overcharged in the lower levels, so be sure to watch that. The decurseing spell and potion are kinda high level too, so that can be a real bummer lol, BUT there's a potion you can buy with satisfaction points to get rid of curses, so that can be good to keep in mind.

After gaining a rank or two you'll get sent some free magic stuff in the mail, so might wanna hold off on any shopping sprees in the beginning.

And this is kind of a specific thing, and I dunno if you have JA, but practical magic users are SUPER SWEET to have on trips through the Selvadoradan jungle, lol. Scruberoo, Delcioso, Transportalate, also that "potion of plentiful needs"...REALLY helps with those long Jungle treks :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Never thought of that,thanks! Like to send sims into the jungles, so your suggestion is soooo helpful!
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    CopyPasto can be an easy source of cash. One of my spellcasters found a Tome of Herbio worth 420, she can make about 30 of them with CopyPasto before she reaches overcharged. Selling them brings in 13600 in less than an hour. If you put the item you're copying on a table, the copies go straight into your personal inventory.

Herbio is another good spell to use. It creates Magnificent plants when your sim is Charged, which is just one level below Perfect. That saves a lot of time on evolving plants.
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Thanks for sharing, I'm going to start playing Realm of Magic this week. This is really helpful. Happy Simming!
  • Flip_63Flip_63 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I'm trying to figure ot the Realm of Magic, lol So how does one get to the portal, and how do you find the sage's ? I'm stuck in the first part and have meet just about everyone. Any an all tips and help are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please and Thank you.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Flip_63 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm trying to figure ot the Realm of Magic, lol So how does one get to the portal, and how do you find the sage's ? I'm stuck in the first part and have meet just about everyone. Any an all tips and help are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please and Thank you.

Follow the river in Glimmerbrook to the waterfall. The gate is there. Once within the Magic Realm, look for the sims with the little glowing runes over their heads. Those are the sages. Be aware that the game sometimes assigns day jobs to the sages, so depending on when you're there, they may not always be the same (there are always three sages - just who's on what "shift" changes.) so you may have to make friends with more than one set of sages.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The Three Sages each have areas specific to them in Magic HQ, where they can usually be found (although they do also wander, especially to talk with each other.

Simeon Silversweater, Sage of Practical Magic, is on the ground floor, in a library area to the right of the main entrance.

L. Faba, Sage of Mischief Magic, is downstairs, in a cellar room.

Morgyn Ember, Sage of Untamed Magic, is upstairs, under a glass roof beside a terraced garden area.

Your sim will need to invest some time in socializing with each Sage, to establish enough of a friendly relationship that they will agree to teach you. Each can teach at maximum one spell in their area of expertise and one potion each day.

If you learn all spells that can be cast for a particular school at your sim's level of magical development, then the Sage will have nothing to teach in that discipline until your Spellcaster gains rank. The sage ought still to be able to teach a potion.

Pinnacle spells - the highest ranking in any given discipline - can ONLY be learned from the Sages. To my best knowledge, they cannot be learned by practicing the schools of magic, nor from grimoires.

Take your time - the most USEFUL spells are PRACTICAL and low-level: Scruberoo & Repario. Those are good ones to get you started.