Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens after moving out of campus housing?

I have a household of two young adult sims. I want both of them to attend university, but I want them to live on campus for their first semester. I know if a sim lives by themself in an apartment, they can't move back into it after finishing the semester. The only way to move back into the same apartment is to re-rent it. Is it the same for houses? Will they lose their house if I move them both into a dorm?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yes. If you don't leave anyone living in the house it becomes vacant. You get paid for selling the house when you move out of it and you have to pay to buy it if you decide to move back in.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Another option is to temporarily move in a house sitter. Move another sim into the house before you leave for uni. After you graduate, you can move back in and then move out the house sitter.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited March 2020
    I handled this two ways.

Chance, my younger Gen 2 Spare, simply moved back in to his parents' household.

Cassandra, fed up with feckless roomates, bought a home in the Gibbs Hill neighborhood of Britechester, since she plans to pursue multiple degrees and then make a career in Academia.

If you want to retain a home, simply go to University from there. Or, As Atreya33 mentions, move in a caretaker temporarily.