Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about photography skill

I am wondering if it is possible to not save a photo taken by the sims into the screen capture manager ? I am trying to up the photography skill of the sims so I take 5 pictures per screen and it is clutter I up the screen capture manager. Anyway to turn this off ? Thanks !

Comments

• kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Not sure but you might gain the same amount of skill if you take one photo only and then exit.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Not sure and it is annoying. I mainly use taking pictures of Sims to build relationships. If you take a picture of a Sim it builds a fast relationship. Good friends instantly.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Oh well. I guess I just cheat my skill. At low skill the screenshots taken were crappy so I have to always got back and delete them. Quite annoying.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Are we talking about taking photos with a phone or camera here?
    Camera.
    In my test save taking just one photo had the same effect as five (both reaching 11% on level 1).

Do you have Get to Work/Moschino? You could also tend photo studio/read photography skill books.
    I have get to work. There is no photography skill book I checked !
    Skill book comes with Moschino
    Ouch. Don’t have that pack.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2020
    I also dislike the fact that it saves the pictures you take into screenshots folder. These pictures will remain in game when you delete the picture from screenshot folder. It should be an option to have the game save the photo into screenshots folder or not.

Edit. The game saving photos into screenshot folder came with the patch for Get Together ep. Before that, photos had didn't save there and you had an option to turn them into memories.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It takes a lot of photos to crank this skill up too.