Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Let’s Play Ideas

Hi, so I recently started my YouTube, I’ve got great list of challenge ideas, but what I really want is some LP ideas, what do you enjoy watching, any LP/Story ideas you make up I would also love to see, I’m open to trying new things so anything is welcome.

Link to my YouTube channel is on my profile if you wanna check it out. :)

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Why don’t you play the challenge as an LP? That way it’s goal driven but you can fill in a story also.
  • Options
    MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    @NationalPokedex Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Hmm I wonder if the 'challenge' market isn't oversaturated. If I was to start now, I would create a sim that really stand out, one way or another, and then, having said sim treat everyday life as an adventure. Like 'I inherited this superb mansion, but I can't pay the bills', or 'I have this new job, but my coworkers are annoying'. Then said sim improves or worsen these situations, which would make your content.
  • Options
    @Dijktafone Really great idea that’s so much.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    I personally love to watch sims playthroughs that are much different from what you know from major sims-only youtubers. Challenges are way overdone on YouTube in my opinion, especially the ones like Rags to Riches and 100 baby. I like to watch people who don't take the game seriously and bring the game to its limits with creative ideas. Call me Kevin for example once created a holiday called "death day" in the middle of winter and included the polar bear plunge tradition and threw a pool party. In the end, 12 sims died at the party, either by freezing or burning in case they were vampires. It's things like that I personally love to watch on youtube and it even inspired me to play my own game differently and less serious as well. Just a series of funny and random stuff happening. You could also install some game-changing mods like the Royalty or Zombie mods and let a few videos revolve around them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Last night I was watching someone do a Peasants to Royalty challenge, and that's what I was thinking when I suggested to LP a challenge. Like @Huiiie_07 said, if the challenge is different than what's normally done then it's more interesting. That player also recreated Stardew Valley in their game and there were quests to complete and that was interesting and different too.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    MayaioYT wrote: »
    @Dijktafone Really great idea that’s so much.

Only thank me if this idea works lol. Also, tell us when you upload your first video. I know I'd be curious to see what you came up with, but all I say is avoid the pitfalls of simtubers, such as, as Huiiie said, the 100 babies or the oh-so-exploited 'rags to riches'

You can also create or use a premade as an antagonist for more spice where you would live the life of one, then the other, with the occasional meeting. Those meetings should be scarce but impactful. Take the Fryes sisters as an example (although using them WOULD be a pitfall): they act all good and angelic at home, to better duke it out at the pool when their rival clubs gather. You can have all sorts of fun finding a point of discord between two characters that you could exploit as they meet.

There are compelling examples in previous games. Patrizio Monty and Consort Capp fighting for a woman (Contessa), with the villain eventually winning. In TS3 Nancy and Nick Alto fought in the race to become THE C.E.O. with Gunther Goth as a collateral victim...
  • Options
    @NationalPokedex @Dijktafone @Huiiie_07 Taking your ideas into account i’ve started the Colours of Life Challenge but i’m going to tweak it by adding more of a story behind my sims, I’m going to start more of a original LP like Sims 4 Island Living LP but for now i’m going to stick with colours of life.

Video link: https://youtu.be/Uw0VkFlcAuo
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Let's watch it and give some feedback then. Also, nice thumbnail!

Bonus points for starting on my favorite lot ^^

Also, you're probably aware of it, but the audio is really lacking, and I barely understand one word out of two.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    For me content matters less than how the youtuber sounds and how they talk. If you are going to grab my attention be yourself. You being a human makes you unique. Enjoy and celebrate life. Be happy!
    Just be you and if viewers like you they will come back. Your personality will show and if viewers enjoy you as a person the crowd you create will dictate your content and what you do.
    I watch 5 youtubers regularly and all 5 have the same thing in common. They are real and they let me into their life. They share stories of things that happened to them in real life and have to story to tell. For example, it is very relaxing for me to watch speed builds and listen the creator talk about how and what they did with tibits of their real life thrown in. They let me in and I can relate to them somehow.
    These 5 youtubers also have the same playstyle as me but like me they mix it up and sometimes try things out of their normal play style. I enjoy seeing them push their personal limits, learn new things and be creative as they grow their channel. I watched one over the years go from a box builder to a million dollar mansion designer. I watched some of them grow up into adults. Along the way they shared family, boyfriends and spouses. Slowly over time they brought their real lives into their channel without dramma.
    I hope this helps. I wish you luck and success!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    All right so I watched everything, and will deliver my personnal feedback as I said I would. That's only my opinion, and so you're free to take all or none (or part) of it for your future let's play.

So well let's start with the positives.

Your character's design is well.... something I've never seen lol, and that's an understatement. But that's nice IMO. She's clearely identifiable, and fits the thumbnail perfectly.
    That's your first let's play. I like that. Always good to see new content creators.
    Your sim lives in my favorite lot. Eyes of the beholder bonus points for that.

What I feel could be improved.

The audio! It's very important for a content creator to be audible. Your voice is your identity in the present case, and yet I barely understood you. Maybe were you a tad tense for your first video?

All was mixed. For a first video, I would have loved to see a full focus on the challenge. Things I feel could have been cut to the montage are 'Gunther idles in the bathroom', 'My character eat pees' 'My character uses her phone to escape her fun distress'
    And on what remained I would've personally loooooved for you to bring some spice to it. When Gunther wants to leave, you saying 'Ho! Not sooooo fast buddy, we're not done yet!' or well you know, that sort of thing. Any sort of improvised reaction on the I.A. Like... don't show us her struggles, make us live it with her!

So those are my two cents, and I hope any part of it can be useful to you. And nothing I wrote is to be taken bad, I'd like nothing more than you gathering sim afficionados and blossom onto your channel.

D.
  • Options
    @Dijktafone Yeh I know episode 1 audio is bad, i’ve started recording episode 2 and the audio sound better up to now, thanks anyway.
  • Options
    @AnnLee87 Yeh I’m really self conscious about my accent because I’ve not seen many British Sims youtubers, I think it restrains what I can do but thanks for the confidence boost.
  • Options
    @Dijktafone Thanks so much for the feed back, I personally agree with you in everything you said, I will try to more myself and more enthusiastic in my speech, I’ve fixed the audio slightly so hopefully that would be better, In future videos I’ll also try to be more descriptive in what my character is doing to my it’s more fun to watch.

Once again thanks so much for the feed back, I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Good! Looking forward to EP2. Also, if it's allowed by your challenge, when you need fun in bunches, go to the gym in Oasis Springs. They have a giant TV there, that should set you up in no time.
    And again, no need to thank me. I totally get how hard what you're doing is. As I say, all I can hope is for you to succed in your endeavour. Keep us updated as you release EP2, I'll be watching!
  • Options
    Sure I’ll keep you updated! :)
  • Options
    I want to start by saying every note I have is said with love!

Sound notes:
    I think you can cut up a lot of your dialogue, and get rid of the parts where you fumble or repeat yourself. If you're ever sitting there reviewing the footage after you've finished recording and you're like...ugh this makes me cringe or this is silly in a way that I don't like, just take it out.
    Try to cut out those sound elements that are background noise being captured in your microphone (like the dull thumping that sounds like an object being put on the desk).
    Be mindful of how loud the volume is in-game especially if you'll be speaking over parts of the video where the game is also generating sound, like when another Sim is speaking. These kinds of things can be distracting and can muddle your audio, which is what we're listening for since we're following you as you play.

On that note, try to make sure what we're seeing is what you want us to see. There's a section after you've chosen your Sim's career where we can't see the Sim but her front yard and into her house, and the camera just sits there. Feel free to cut around these moments!

Don't be afraid to zoom in more with your camera. Sometimes the story is better in a wide shot (or seeing more of the image) and sometimes it's better to be up close. When you're doing interactions, try to get close up on the Sims interacting.

Think about tone and style and personality. Of your channel, your YT persona, this particular LP, and the particular Sim. It's hard to get a sense of what you're like, what your gameplay will be like other than relatively straightforward, and what the Founder of this challenge is like. Are you a builder or want to get better at building? Maybe try decorating her house or rebuilding it? That already tells me about you as a player and how you build it or renovate it will tell me about her as a Sim. Are you really goal driven in your gameplay? Is your Sim really goal driven? If you had to write up a paragraph about her what would you say about her? Her likes, dislikes, dreams, fears, favorite music, hobbies? When she gets rejected by the guy at the end, how did that make her feel? How do you think she would react to that happening to her? Is this a funny LP, a dramatic LP? Think about those kinds of things and then you can insert them into your gameplay. I think it will definitely help especially if you're a bit more reserved about expressing your own individuality.

Also, don't worry about your accent! The only Simmers I watch all have accents unlike my own.

You're doing great. Stay enthusiastic and have fun!
  • Options
    @NationalPokedex Yeh, thanks so much for the help, I’ll definelty work more on my editing as i’m rather new, for the gameplay I’ll will also try and explain backstories more in the future.

Also I try to get the camera in more appealing angles at time where it’s not in the future.

Thanks so much for the feedback.
  • Options
    @MayaioYT If you have any questions about anything regarding editing, it's an area I focus on, so feel free to send me a message!
  • Options
    @NationalPokedex Alright thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Audio is good this time. Nice to hear you so enthusiastic, but please take care of your poor sim lol! Otherwise that's gonna be the theme of your let's play : 'the misadventures of Demi', where she is forbid to sleep and have fun. Everyday, we'll have to bet on what need she's gonna be desperate of. Can't wait to see you manage her when she's gonna be in the third day of her pregnancy, that's gonna be epic o:)

Hmm oh, I have an idea! How about you tell us since how long you have started? Like see, when she got pregnant you could've Put 'Day 2' (or was it day 3) on the screen, and do so for each of her important milestones. How about that?

I dropped you a like for the improvements you made. The road is long still, but that's definitly a step in the right direction.

D.
  • Options
    @Dijktafone Great Idea, i was thinking of adding text when i said something wrong in my game, but I wasn’t to sure in the future I may use text to show milestones,

thanks so much!