Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Best Packs.

What are you favourite Sims 4 packs,
Also any suggestions for CC mods to make my game more realist or fun?

Comments

• MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    I don't play with mods right now. I liked City Living, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Dine Out, Get to Work, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury, and Perfect Patio. I can't comment on Moschino or that sorcery pack. They have no appeal to me.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    My favourite pack is Vampires. I also really love Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, and Laundry Day. I don't use mods/CC.
  • Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    If I have to go with just one of each I would say my favorites are Seasons, Parenthood and Laundry day.
  • MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    @Vanesa1118 I totally agree with Season & Laundry Day but I prefer dine out over Parenthood,

Another question: What everyone’s opinion on the Socerery Game Pack I keep seeing it and deciding whether to download it or not.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I really think the best packs for anyone are just the packs that work for that particular simmer. The ones I use frequently or even constantly are ROM, Strangerville, Dine Out, Get Together GTW and Seasons. I like playing in a creepy, quirky way though. Not sure I play realistically at all. I like or love the other packs for build/buy gameplay items and depending on what type of sim I'm playing for character expansion so basically I use them all pretty regularly except for maybe the ones that focus on toddlers and kids. I sometimes use mods but often play without them and I don't use cc. I have every pack.
    I really enjoy ROM. I think the biggest complaint I've seen is it's too easy. Since I play for story lines I don't mind that besides after I've made a few witches I don't want it to be like pulling teeth or convoluted to learn the spells. I also like playing a witch that learns on their own (never traveling to the realm) .. and I like playing it out differently in other saves where you get the whole magical area to experience.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    For me the best packs are realm of magic, seasons, get to work and get together, to a lesser extend dine out, jungle adventure and discover university.

I like spellcaster and magic so I don't play without spellcasters any more. This is also the one pack where I use mods and limit my gameplay to add a bit of a challenge. Get to work is great because of the possibility of creating your own shops. For me personally the aliens are also a big plus, even if they are not as developed as spellcasters and vampires.
    Get together seems to have little gameplay but the clubs are great and the world is still my favourite. Seasons adds an entire new feel to the game.

Jungle adventure and discover university are great if you like focusing on a particular phase in a sims life, be it an adventurous exploration or education.

Best packs are of course different for everyone because it depends on personal interests.
    @Atreya33 Alright, thanks so much for the feedback. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My fave are:
    Get Together
    Get Famous
    Island Living
    Vampires
    Parenthood
    Jungle Adventure
    Realm of Magic
    Luxury Party
    Movie Hangout
    Vintage Glamour
    Tiny Living
    @SERVERFRA Alright, thanks for the suggestions!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am super picky about packs, and only get ones I really want. So far none have disappointed.

For family play: Parenthood

I also use Spa Day frequently (I love Yoga and the Wellness skill).

I love Realm of Magic not just for Spellcasters - although those are a huge draw for me - but for the Edwardian and Art Deco Build/Buy assets. Some of the CAS assets are really nice as well.

I like having University for careers, and to give YA Sims some head-start, and for game play, but the BB & CAS assets in this pack aren't as much of a draw. Others may feel differently.

I waited on Island Living because it seems a bit more niche - and it is - but I am really enjoying having it in my game, for Sulani itself and the dynamic clean-up of Mua Pel'am, for the Conservationist career, for Pacific Islander cultural references, and for the CAS and BB assets.

My advice is visit Carl's or a similar site and look at what a pack actually provides, and decide if you want those elements AS THEY ARE, not as you wish they could be, in your own game.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I really love something about *almost* all the packs for Sims 4.

Top 3 Expansion
    ~ Cats & Dogs
    ~ City Living
    ~ Seasons

Top 3 Game
    ~ Jungle Adventure
    ~ StrangerVille
    ~ Parenthood

Top 3 Stuff
    ~ My First Pet
    ~ Romantic Garden
    ~ Moschino

The only packs I don't really care for and don't use that much are Get to Work, Laundry Day & Spooky.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    If we go based on what I use the most the best are:
    Best Expansions: Seasons, Get Together, City Living
    Best Game Packs: Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville, Spa Day
    Best Stuff Packs: Movie Hangout, My First Pet
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Here are my top 3 packs that are essential for your gameplay!!

Expansion Packs:
    1. Discover Universities (because it has amazing CAS items and gameplay)
    2. Seasons (because seasons make you whole game amazing)
    3. City Living (because apartments and festivals are awesome)

Game Packs:
    1. Parenthood (because it adds a lot to your gameplay)
    2. Spa Day (because it has amazing build items)
    3. Jungle Aventure (because it has an awesome world to explore)

Stuff Packs:
    1. Laundry Day (because it has fantastic CAS and build items)
    2. Tiny Living (because it has a new lot type and the female hairs are awesome)
    3. Vintage Glamour (because you can hire butlers and there is a lot of cool CAS items)

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram where I post pictures about TS4, @gallery.sims4
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Sims_fanatic64Sims_fanatic64 Posts: 10 New Member
    Well out of the ones I have, which are Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, and Realm Of Magic, I'd say I use Cats and Dogs the most, even though I think that it should for sure be base game. I mean, a lot of the packs should. After that, though, I really like Island Living, then Realm Of Magic, then Discover University. I actually just bought Discover University recently though, so I haven't had too much time to play it.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited May 2020
    Expansion Pack: Seasons - To be honest, this should be part of the base game since it's such a fundamental part of real life.
    Game Pack: Parenthood - Expands the family gameplay and gives a little bit more personality to the sims (with the character values), which The Sims 4 really needs. :tongue:
    Stuff Pack: Laundry Day - I really like the laundry system and gives the sims a little bit more to do.

he/him
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like them all. But these are my most used:

EP - seasons, cats and dogs, island living and city living.

GP - parenthood, jungle adventures, dine out and spa day

SP - laundry day, movie hangout and fitness stuff
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    My favourite packs are, in order, Seasons, Realm of Magic, and Cats & Dogs
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    In descending order of importance:

Get Together

Vampires (with mods! useless wirhout due to the Nerfing)

City Living (I'm a city kid and gotta have apartments)

Seasons (so long as I can delete the holidays bc they are a hassle but I love 4 seasons irl and my game needs them too)

Get to Work/Get Famous go well together for the acting career

Strangerville and Selvadorada are good change of scene and music and the once-through preset adventure

The only two I have still avoided are Parenthood because I like keeping family life simpler and less involved, and Cats and Dogs because I thought it was boring af on console which we also have so men, maybe II'll cave and get it on sale just for building.

Oh forgot to mention Dine Out. Love it so far!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    oh and forgot Sulani. I was born in Hawai'i and have found Sulani God-awful dull. There just isn't enough meat on its bones.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Top 3 Expansion Packs:
    1) Seasons
    2) Get Together
    3) Cats & Dogs

Top 3 Game Packs:
    1) Dine Out
    2) Realm Of Magic
    3) Strangerville

Top 3 Stuff Packs:
    1) Backyard Stuff
    2) Kids Room Stuff
    3) Bowling Night Stuff
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited May 2020
    EPs
    1. Island Living
    2. Seasons
    3. Get Together

GPs.
    1. Parenthood
    2. Jungle Adventure
    3. Strangerville

SPs
    1. My First Pet
    2. Laundry Day
    3. Kid Stuff/Movie Stuff (I really couldn't decide haha)
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2020
    EPs: Seasons
    Island Living
    Cats & Dogs
    GPs: Realm of Magic
    Parenthood
    Vampires
    SPs: Vintage Glamour
    Laundry Day
    Toddlers
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    My favourite packs are Seasons, City Living, Jungle Adventure and Tiny Living. I use them all the most and haven’t tired of them even after having them for so long. Especially Seasons, I couldn’t play the game without it now.