Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims free promo codes for packs

BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
Soo about 40 minutes ago The Sims page on Facebook announced a couple of promo codes to get some game packs for free. There were only a couple of promo codes each for each pack (Fitness stuff only had 2), and it seemed from the comments that all of the codes were already redeemed after about 2 minutes after it was posted.

I just wanna know if there's anyone else than me that thought this was a bit unfair. Why unfair, you might ask? Well, not everyone's awake right now. Timezones exists. People have jobs. There was also one guy who got 4 of the promo codes and claimed that he "didn't even play the game".

To me this seems like a strange way of supporting people during this crisis... It felt kinda of Hunger Games-ish to me. Like The Sims threw a couple of cookie crumbs on the floor just to watch all the mice fight over them.

What are your feelings on this? (Btw, don't bother with the codes, they've all been taken)

zOANPW3.png

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2020
    Wow, that's lame. I mean, they should have emailed codes for one free pack from every player's wishlist instead. A Facebook post with only a couple of codes per pack...yeah, not the best move. Especially since teens and tweens (the audience they've been focusing on most) have actually been moving away from Facebook in recent years in favor of sites like Twitter and Instagram instead. Get with the times, EA. Facebook is turning into "that site where my mom gets recipes and spite-dislikes pictures of Mrs. O'Donald's cats." Even when they try to go, "Hello, Fellow Kids!", they still can't get it right... :|
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Wow, that's lame. I mean, they should have emailed codes for one free pack from every player's wishlist instead. A Facebook post with only a couple of codes per pack...yeah, not the best move. Especially since teens and tweens (the audience they've been focusing on most) have actually been moving away from Facebook in recent years in favor of sites like Twitter and Instagram instead. Get with the times, EA. Facebook is turning into "that site where my mom gets recipes and spite-dislikes pictures of Mrs. O'Donald's cats." Even when they try to go, "Hello, Fellow Kids!", they still can't get it right... :|

I totally agree with you about the 'trying to be hip with the kids' stuff. I don't know, I just think that this decision was kind of weird and unfair.
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    This isn't the first time they've released codes like this. Sometimes it's just one code as a status. There's no particular timing, it really is pot luck whether you get it. They're never going to be able to keep everyone happy.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Coley666 wrote: »
    This isn't the first time they've released codes like this. Sometimes it's just one code as a status. There's no particular timing, it really is pot luck whether you get it. They're never going to be able to keep everyone happy.

I didn't know that

Still, this was because of the "Stay home" thing going on right now and that's kinda why I thought it was in poor taste as well
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Well, they have also done some giveaways by random selection too, and some puzzle "find the code in this picture" style freebees for fun. They are mixing it up a bit. I'm sure there will be more. I've seen Gamechanger giveaways too.
    #Team Occult
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The Sim Gurus have been releasing codes for the past day. Usually only one or two per guru, and not much late at night, but there have been several codes released. Most (but not all) have been re posted in the Sim Gurus on Twitter thread.

I haven't tried any because I have them all.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I just tried all of the codes for the one game I'm missing and none of them worked
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Yeah you have to be lightning quick to get one of the codes. :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    What is the point to do it this way when it's so quick and scammers (people who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles)...
    -facepalm.-
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Kind of an odd collection, isn't it? I guess we'll know who won big time when someone posts for advice on their muscle bound, tinfoil hat wearing, mermaid sim who can't figure out how to balance cleaning their clothes and homework in a tiny house.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    What is the point to do it this way when it's so quick and scammers (people who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles)...
    -facepalm.-

So, what is the right way to do a giveaway for you???? And how are you so sure all the people are ones "who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles" ??

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    I would have definitely appreciated couple slow forum giveaways more
    instead of this all twitter/facebook internet speed test

like if there is party it should take more than 5 seconds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

They should slow down the giveaway. Allow some time to get the word out and it'll also get more people involved in the forums/FB page. Giving it all away at once...I'm not sure of the reason for doing that. Make it a whole day event.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I agree with slowing down giveaways. Give those interested a chance to enter. With a global community in different timezones, not every one sees it in time. And even if you are in the correct time zone, some people still have to work or do other real life activities that prevent them from reacting within minutes.
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    Not everyone is on facebook/twitter.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2020
    So, what is the right way to do a giveaway for you???? And how are you so sure all the people are ones "who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles" ??

There are a lot of reddits where giveaways are quite common (HumbleBundle reddit for example) and posting codes like this is a huge NO NO, because more often than not, it's a bot and not a real person that does grab them.
    Post edited by mirta000 on
    -facepalm.-

Geez, rude much?
    I think just hosting a giveaway normally that way everyone can enter and a chance to see it instead of just giving away codes that can be claimed in seconds.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited March 2020
    I would have loved Tiny Living Stuff but sadly I didn't see the post until it was much too late. On the other hand, I had real life issues to sort out that were way more important than a game. :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I saw it on twitter about a minute after it was posted, tried to get the uni codes, but was too slow. Well I wasn't surprised :D

I've seen many giveaways like this on twitter and I'm used to missing them or being too slow. I got a Strangerville code once, though, and I'm still amazed I did. Yet I do not particularly like fast giveaways like this.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2020
    I find it unfair to be honest people still copy and paste the codes if they have them in a tweet. One dummy plumming redeemed two codes and deleted their tweet after admitting it and getting Hate I been trying to get 4 packs and been unable to get them because of how quick people are at typing stuff
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    What I really think would be suitable, would be to send me mail: "Hey Simmerville! We noticed you have bought nearly all packs for TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4, and you have been playing TS4 for 17 billions hours, so we thought it was on time you get a free pack on the house! Use code xxxxxxx to claim your gift".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    What I really think would be suitable, would be to send me mail: "Hey Simmerville! We noticed you have bought nearly all packs for TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4, and you have been playing TS4 for 17 billions hours, so we thought it was on time you get a free pack on the house! Use code xxxxxxx to claim your gift".

2nd this.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2020
    Soooooo I bought all the packs, expansions stuffs exc. at full price and original game.... what do I get lol... loyal customer award? Just the blessing of the sims I guess. #blessed
    edited March 2020
    ...and they are doing alot more today...this really isn't the greatest idea.

Also saw someone comment on facebook calling us who complain and whine about these giveaway aren't true sims fans .... wow...seriously?! >->
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    ...and they are doing alot more today...this really isn't the greatest idea.

Also saw someone comment on facebook calling us who complain and whine about these giveaway aren't true sims fans .... wow...seriously?! >->

No they’re just the one that copy and paste at light speed it’s not fair honestly people like that are just snobby
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu