Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighter Career

After the first time of me going to a fire scene it's not letting me go anymore, even after I click the icon it goes away before my sim can do anything. Is there a time limit?

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you mean that you try sending your sim to a house fire, and it cancels? That's a longstanding bug involving fires in houses with foundations, where the action cancels out almost immediately.

Try sending your sim to the lot separately, as in, click the ground near the front door and select "go here." Don't click "put out fire" until your sim arrives there.
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    How do i find the house without clicking on the icon?
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Go to Map View and have a look around. It's been so long since I've played the career, I can't remember if there was specifically a map tag, but I'm pretty sure I saw something. If you can't see anything in Map View, go back to normal view, scroll all the way out, and pan around. There should be smoke at the very least.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2020
    There is a map tag for the fires.However, sometimes with the small fires, they will cancel out before you can respond.
    I read somewhere, it sometimes happens if the house has a foundations.Some workarounds:

Instead of clicking on the fire truck, click on the house and "Respond to emergency." If that don't work.
    Try teleporting your sim by using testingcheatsenabled true and teleport them to just outside the lot.Then click
    on the house and then "respond to emergency."

It seems the higher in level you go the, it gets better.Its just the small house fires that have issues.

https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/807084/i-found-a-solution-to-the-firefighter-issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Ambitions-Firefighter-won-t-go-to-fires/td-p/4207565

Personally, I just "pretend" they're false alarms.XD and move on.