Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a style feature

I hope sims 4 will be loke sims 3 did with create a style also color wheel. Because it is lots of aesthetics design. I'm still sometimes back on sims 3 than playing 4 cuz of this feature.

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2020
    A color wheel will not happen, the game does not seem to be able to support such a function.

However being able to save your own styles under "styled looks" is both doable and sounds like a very good idea.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    A color wheel will not happen, the game does not seem to be able to support such a function.

However being able to save your own styles under "styled looks" is both doable and sounds like a very good idea.

How so? Pets have a color wheel as well. To me this always seemed like proof that it's indeed possible. Or did any of the gurus say otherwise, because I seem to have missed that.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I think it's related to the amount of work necessary to enable all the swatches to be color wheel compatable.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

How so? Pets have a color wheel as well. To me this always seemed like proof that it's indeed possible. Or did any of the gurus say otherwise, because I seem to have missed that.

Of course it’s possible but nothing besides pet coats are formatted for it. For it to be a supported feature EA would have to put a whole lot of work into this game (and all DLC) and that costs money they aren’t going to spend.

Of course it’s possible but nothing besides pet coats are formatted for it. For it to be a supported feature EA would have to put a whole lot of work into this game (and all DLC) and that costs money they aren’t going to spend.

Exactly, it's like why only new worlds have swimmable beaches (that's a verb now! I verbeded it!). They said they would like to remake the old worlds but that's a LOT of code that has to be redone to make say the WIndenburg Island's piers or the river running thru the parks into swimmable water.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited March 2020

Exactly, it's like why only new worlds have swimmable beaches (that's a verb now! I verbeded it!). They said they would like to remake the old worlds but that's a LOT of code that has to be redone to make say the WIndenburg Island's piers or the river running thru the parks into swimmable water.

The water is nothing short of laziness and greed on the part of the developers. No world before IL supports it because it’s a primary feature of that EP. A swimming spot in university is a throwaway inclusion because it didn’t cost them anything to reuse what they made for IL. Does cost you another $40 tho.

They could have easily updated every world but that would mean they couldn’t use ocean swimming as a feature for the EP (an EP which was already light on new content and heavy on recycled assets). The color thing is a very different situation and while I do think they made the obviously WRONG choice early on, I understand why that bad choice has now eliminated it as an option for the future. The water is just laziness. They didn’t have the tech, which is understandable, but now they do and instead of integrating it they keep it as a premium for future packs.
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    mysph1t wrote: »
    I would be satisfied with just having sims 2 level of colour selection. Beds for example should have 2 color channels: Mattress/Sheets and Bed Frame. There's far too many instances where I like the colour of the sheets but not the bed frame that goes with it. The palettes are also limited too, so adding more colours would also be good, especially for hair since That's where I feel the options are most limited as someone who's natural hair colour doesn't even remotely exist in the Sims 4.

Yes, I agree on both counts. I would love a better way to choose bedding vs the bed frame, and more hair colours would be amazing, though I think it highly unlikely now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    My biggest problem is not the lack of colors, but the fact that so much seems deliberately made to not match.
    It was especially bad in the base game where not only color swatches didn't ad up, but even models were missing. Remember in the pure base game there are at least three dinner tables that simply has no matching chairs?

Anyway, why not make the wood swatches between items match? Why is there say Birch, Fir, Oak of one item for the living room, but Ash, Mahogany, and Cherry wood of another? Why is there almost impossible to find things between packs that match?
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    I like the idea of @mysph1t in terms of color selection. I never played TS2 and now I am kinda wondering why this isn't a thing in 4. If they can't implement a color wheel, a few more colors should work.

Also, unnatural hair colors for toddlers and kids. Not having them is just unnecessarily restricting.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TS2 does it right, laziness or garbage engine in 4. One of the good things in 2 is the standardization of colors across most bed styles. Other furniture types either had the same tones or even if different there was little to no problem in getting things to match/work together. The one potentially dodgy area was with CC, but even then the makers generally included 'Maxis match' among their color choices.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sims 4 absolutely dropped the ball with the lack of any kind of colour customisation. It was a major error on their part, in my opinion. Hopefully it will return in future versions of the Sims.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I like the idea of @mysph1t in terms of color selection. I never played TS2 and now I am kinda wondering why this isn't a thing in 4. If they can't implement a color wheel, a few more colors should work.

Also, unnatural hair colors for toddlers and kids. Not having them is just unnecessarily restricting.

I agree we need unnatural hair colours for the toddlers too. Especially for my alien and mermaid sims, or even just regular sims. Maybe in my world pink is a natural hair colour!

I think colour wheels for hair and skin tone would go a long way here. I'm not so worried about the clothes or furniture but I'd love a colour wheel for the sims themselves.
    Origin ID: Peapod79