Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patching In More Pack Integration

SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
One of the best aspects of "Get Together" and "Realm of Magic" is how both of these packs actually has features that are integrated with features of other packs. For instance, GTG's club system adds more club activities based on features of packs you've installed. As a result, you can create a witches' coven, a guild of evil vampires, a karaoke club, or a cabal of mad scientists...all with the magic of Clubs. In RoM, you are able to make a cat or dog your familiar if you have "Cats and Dogs" installed (in my opinion, the only compelling reason to own C&D beyond storytelling or bringing back a favorite pet who's ascended to the "next dimension"...and has likely decided that Snake Way ain't worth it...).

But, when I look around at the other expansion and game packs I've purchased and installed (and my one stuff pack), I find that aside from Clubs and familiars, there isn't that much integration between the packs at all. For instance, I would love it if I could have a scientist in GTW be able to make serums that can turn a sim into a vampire or a mermaid/merman if the appropriate packs are installed, or create a holiday where one of the activities (if you're a caster) involves brewing potions or casting spells if you have RoM, or a special bath soak for vampires called "Plasma Soak," or cats and dogs having a chance of chasing off plasma bats in "Jungle Adventure" if they have a high enough relationship with your sim and are well trained, or being able to scare plasma bats off by singing a high note if your singing skill is maxed out. It would be so cool if those sorts of cross-compatibility elements existed in more expansion and game packs. It could not only make the gameplay more interesting, but it could also make owning more packs a lot more worth while than just adding a few new features on top of the base game and that's about it.

Just something to think about. I'mma leave this right here and show myself out...
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
Post edited by SimsLovinLycan on

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    This is something that I've thought about and strongly am for as well. EPs especially should allow for integration (a good word, I've tried explaining this idea in another thread and the best I could come up with is "foundation"). Like, it's literally in their name: expansion. So do your job and expand the game. :D The more the packs exist in their own bubble, I feel the more they miss out on a lot of opportunities to interact with the other packs. This is why I'll never understand why GT is seen as a fail because it's an EP focused on clubs, when clubs offer a lot more integration than some other elements in other EPs.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I totally agree with this. A lot of packs offer a stand-alone experience—go to Uni, own a shop, be a cop. Other packs entirely ignore the prominent features of previous packs; for example, Uni completely ignores the Seasons calendar.

Few add in features that build on the powers of other packs. Often makes it feel like you’re playing each pack individually, save for it might rain on your robot. A definite missed opportunity.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I agree more integration between the packs would be a good thing. I might encourage more people to buy the packs if one they already have is enhanced by a second pack.

Spa Day would be more appealing if you could run a spa or Strangerville could tie into the scientist career from Get to Work as well as robotics from University like someone was suggesting on another thread. Realm of Magic and Vampires having some interaction would be great as well.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    They should defo make more effort with this! But I think I heard in a video with the devs one time, they will only ever integrate a new pack with 1 or 2 other packs tops.. :(

It bums me out how many corners they cut with TS4..
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2020
    I need it now please.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ElliDiLoElliDiLo Posts: 25 Member
    This has been a very prominent and annoying concern for several iterations of the game. The Sims 3 had the same issues with lack of integration between the packs. I assume its because they want them to be able to be bought as stand alone but frankly, it's not working. I was hoping The SIms 4 would be different but there definitely isn't.
    3VzZSg1.jpg
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    Stuff packs should not be stand alone, they should Enhance/Integrate with the expansion/Game packs.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Agreed! This is one of the main weaknesses in the game, imo. A lot of the packs feel so ISOLATED, and then you end up ignoring entire worlds because there's so little crossover with what you may be focusing on. I mean...you can't even make beaches anywhere else but Sulani because while you can wade in natural water in other worlds, you can't swim in it, even in the port town of Brindleton bay, or on Windenburg island. You can't see the schedule for San Myshuno festivals in the Seasons calendar, and there's no use of the singing or dancing skill in the Get Famous acting career--even tho we see them "singing" and "dancing" for certain jobs. With each new pack, integration with the existing game and packs needs to be a TOP priority.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    Ah yes I agree. I'd mostly like the holiday feature in seasons to be used more broadly. There's many Get Famous events in my sims' agenda's, but after having played one sim to the maximum acting career level, I never really use the features of that pack anymore. All the other expansions don't seem to have any correspondence with the holiday system though.

It happened a couple of times to me already, that I wanted to create a holiday catering to a specific expansion, only to find out it wasn't possible.
  • HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    The pipe organ was almost completely abandoned after it was created. There's no skill books, no club buff, and it doesn't even get the "Play With Emotion" option every other child-learnable instrument did. The only other place it's mentioned is when you choose "Spooky Spirit" for a custom holiday.