Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UI: Organizations vs Clubs

Discover University introduced Organizations, which got the same UI tab that the Clubs from Get Together. With DU being brand new it was reasonable that Organizations was the default option when clicking the tab, but it has become less reasonable and these days it's plain annoying.

A handful of my sims are at University, while 300 sims are not. Most of my sims are members of one or more clubs, while none are members of organizations. So, my question is: At what point would you guys consider making Clubs the default option?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yep. Clubs should be default, still.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Discover University introduced Organizations, which got the same UI tab that the Clubs from Get Together. With DU being brand new it was reasonable that Organizations was the default option when clicking the tab, but it has become less reasonable and these days it's plain annoying.

A handful of my sims are at University, while 300 sims are not. Most of my sims are members of one or more clubs, while none are members of organizations. So, my question is: At what point would you guys consider making Clubs the default option?

Yes! That drives me up the wall too. They should absolutely have switched those buttons round. I have only used Organisations once anyway because I tend to forget about them even whilst playing students.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    For that matter, how difficult is it to have an auto Switch so that Organizations are default only while enrolled?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Auto switch sounds cool! Or just give us access to both alternatives in the next popup tab without needing to switch.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In view of the aversion to wok out there, going back to clubs, one and done, would be simpler and fit the needs of most of us. Including me.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I would also like clubs to be the default. Especially if the selected sim is a member of a club but didn't join any student organisation.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Ideally it should either switch depending on enrolled/not enrolled or remember the last one that was open but otherwise I'd rather have the Clubs panel open by default.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly I don't even see the point of organisations. They should've just repackaged the clubs system from the get-go.
    Functionally they're just clubs--you join, they have specific outfits, specific icons, specific activites, specific locations--except you can't control them. They may as well be the same thing.
    wJbomAo.png
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even see the point of organisations. They should've just repackaged the clubs system from the get-go.
    Functionally they're just clubs--you join, they have specific outfits, specific icons, specific activites, specific locations--except you can't control them. They may as well be the same thing.

The ONLY big difference is that participating in organizations make your grades go up. But yeah, except for that, there is no reason why organizations should exist other than someone said "American schools have these, we gotta have these!" when making the pack.
    (Organizations as presented in DU is very much something i only knew about from watching college comedies. And Gilmore Girls. It's not something that exists over here).
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Functionally they're just clubs--you join, they have specific outfits, specific icons, specific activities, specific locations--except you can't control them. They may as well be the same thing.

I've occasionally missed some larger clubs, that very well could have been organizations. I don't mean hobby clubs or secret societies, but more like political groups (in my game I have 3 parties - Left, Right, Middle as the game already suggest to "debate politics from left/right"). I also have a church that could have a dedicated group of members. Some sims would join a GLBT org, some sims are focused on environment. And there are many other bigger subjects that could benefit from a way for sims to join. Even a "national garden club" would be fun, even if we also have the smaller garden clubs. Common for these bigger, is that 8 members is too limited. They wouldn't need the typical club meetings, but it would be nice if we could set a leader (or choose not to), and there could be events in form of speeches and mingling at a set community lot. We would not even need to see who are members, it would basically be a way to "sign up for invitations" to those meetings, and it would be nice if members got access to a button (accessory). It would then be up to each simmer how seriously we would grab this, but this is what I expect when seeing a tab named organizations.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2020
    That was the first thing I thought about after getting DU. I can understand it when organizations are the default on students who actually are in an organization, but it doesn't make any sense on non-students who are in a club. It just seems like the game desperately wants to throw new content in your face without it making any sense.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff