Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This EA, is how you do an AAA game's map screen in 2014-2020

pJxZZ9L.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vYHMb-6lwU

http://thesims.shop/better-worlds/

Hopefully this modder makes more soon. Once again proving how low budget and uncreative they have been with this itteration.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Sweet! :*
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Wow that really does look great. Wasn't expecing much but that is fab!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Wooow! I loove this map view :open_mouth::love:
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I wonder why EA can't do that. It's literally just taking a screenshot of the world after it's loaded. XD But maybe they didn't think of that in the first place. 🤣😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I wonder why EA can't do that. It's literally just taking a screenshot of the world after it's loaded. XD But maybe they didn't think of that in the first place. 🤣😅

Same reason that they only did this for Magnolia Promenade - it doesn't work for worlds with multiple neighborhoods.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I use the maps from: Fanart Maps at www.dershayan.de - they're very good :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited March 2020
    Personally I'd like to try something with a level of detail between the NoirSims & Dershayen ones, which I'm using at the moment, and the EA maps. I like those maps, but they are almost too detailed for my taste, whereas the EA ones are confusingly simplistic, misleading and don't give enough info or feedback about what neighbourhood you are looking at, which IMO a simple map like that should do.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Same reason that they only did this for Magnolia Promenade - it doesn't work for worlds with multiple neighborhoods.

Oh, good point. I totally forgot about that. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    QUESTION: I created 'copies' of several of my base EA worlds. I would like to "attach" a modified map to each one of these. I haven't, in searching, seen anything beyond a great tute for modifying the existing world maps.

What I need is to:
    1) Find the way to access/modify the code that assigns a map to a world, so if I have 3 versions of the world, I can assign a different colored map to each.

How do I find those codes, and then, how would I assign a new map to them?

Thank you.