Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My pictures are gone

In my Sims game, all of the pictures on their walls are gone. I don't know why or how that happened. Is is a glitch? Can I get them back?

Comments

• Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    What pictures? Like Greeting Card pictures or pictures from the camera or smartphone?
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Smartphones pictures that I dragged and put on the wall. And the photo booth pictures. The custom paintings. But the digital frames pictures are fine.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    This is a known side-effect of cleaning certain kinds of image files out of the TravelDB file or using Save Cleaner v2 which does that on its own when directed to clean a game save. Might this have been done recently?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    This is a known side-effect of cleaning certain kinds of image files out of the TravelDB file or using Save Cleaner v2 which does that on its own when directed to clean a game save. Might this have been done recently?

A month ago....I think.

Recently, I downloaded some new CCs and had my Sim's sister visit from out of town.

Could that have messed with the game a bit?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    Maybe in other ways if the CC is "bad" or corrupt, but I don't see why either thing would blank out already existing in-game photos and paintings. The paintings in particular that stand to blank out like that from file cleaning are always of scenes or sims that the artist is painting from having them pose or from memory, not the ones they make up out of their imaginations as they go.

There are ways to protect these photos/paintings so this doesn't happen during a clean, but I have to use the older v1 of Save Cleaner now being on a Patch 1.67/Steam install and v1 doesn't touch these.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Welp, I pulled up a save from a month ago. All the paintings and pictures are there on the walls.