Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

Anyone Here from the old sims2.ea.com?

2...Next

Comments

• simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 543 Member
    WeirdAlien wrote: »
    I remember that site, I was there. I miss it and wish it was still running, although I know there is no support for it, sadly..

I wish it was still running too. It was nice to be able to easily upload the sims, lots, and stories we made to the site kind of like the gallery we have for the sims 4 now.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2020
    Me! I think it was 2005 I joined. Loved that forum. Can't believe I forgot about the "benes" system haha So thankful for all the cc, mods and help with Securom, boy was that a debacle!!!
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    sig.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,138 Member
    Oh, I loved that site. I remember being sad when it closed.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,657 Member
    Oh you guys I was only 6 years old at that time. :joy: However I was already playing Bustin Out and TS2 on PS2. One day I had to lie to a vendor to let me buy a Sims game haha.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,283 Member
    Me! I think it was 2005 I joined. Loved that forum. Can't believe I forgot about the "benes" system haha So thankful for all the cc, mods and help with Securom, boy was that a debacle!!!

OMG! I forgot about benes too! hahah I loved that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 342 Member
    I was a member back then on that site. I remember that the excitement for expansions was way bigger than it seem to be now.
    The website itself was so cosy in its design.
    Yikes..... the years fly by!
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 131 Member
    I was a member too but mostly just lurking. It's been a while - where does all the time go...
  • SherriSherri Posts: 1 New Member
    I remember going the and registering my games codes there, i think. i wrote the codes down, but now don't have the games.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 3,832 Member
    I used to post on the Sims 2 forums quite a lot. My username was something like SharonQ29.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,610 Member
    I've had the same username the whole time, I just transferred it over each time. I'm not sure why I chose to use that one though since I've used LadyGray01 for literally everything else online since middle school.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 153 Member
    Yes, i remember it. it was about 2008 when i joined, but it was so much fun! i loved the custom content even still have some on a memory stick. Now i have all the EPs/SPs and it would have been so much fun to actually be able to upload something. But atlas, sometimes things just end. i was Sunflowergal22 but then i got a separate email for Sims 3, so it stuck as Sunflowergal227.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Yes, I remember. :mrgreen:
    It was my first gaming site. I was very quiet at the beginning. I remember when pinstar1161 started the Legacy Challenge and when SmokerCat went from the top to the bottom and when Securom hit the game. Good times and bad times. :mrgreen:

Ew, Securom! That was a scary one- I never did notice my games not being able to reinstall (I believe that was what it was, where you could only install the game from the CD 3 times or something?). I have reinstalled the sims 2 games numerous times with no problem. My username was sims2ultralover5 on there and I liked taking requests making sims. I also made a bunch of "Abbey Dawn" clothes for teen and adult females from Avril Lavigne's clothing line.

I was there also, I was with a group that used SC4s I created and built the houses and community lots for. It was fun being involved. I made a lot of wall coverings, floorings and skintones. My name on the Sims2 website was ScholarLady.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 391 Member
    edited March 12
    I joined the sims 2.com when I was 15 I forget the exact year... I wish we still had it I miss the CC and the stories. (I wish it was still around)

I was DevSims15 and yes I could never come up with snappy names.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,560 Member
    There were a couple of huge threads where everyone could gripe about a Sim and how stupid they can be. lol Something like Stupid stuff your Sim does, and or Stuff that drives you crazy thread or something. They were huge and everyone had a good time pointing out stuff that drove us crazy about a Sim's AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1