March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5000 SimPoints to Give Away! Please Post Your Wishlists!

Comments

• Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    @Symb10sis I definitely did ;) You can imagine a red head looking like an absolute donut "dancing" around a coffee table. I was summoning the sun spirits so you clearly know I'm not lying (I have no idea where you are but here in the UK it's sunny!)
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Koolkat197Koolkat197 Posts: 30 Member
    Do you want sims for the sims3 or 4?? or both, lol
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    @Symb10sis I could totally type 5000 words, lol. I can’t dance a jig or make any Sims for you though, lol. I’m not too good at that. :D
  • sara4562sara4562 Posts: 133 Member
    @Symb10sis I'm not a good dancer but I tried my best XD. I could make you a sim but it won't be good or anywhere near recognizable but I'm slowly getting better
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2020
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ETS3lovers <3 I just danced crazy for ya! currently celebrating bc I haven't been able to play TS3 for about 5 years due to a pretty much incompatible Mac, but my bf just found his PC in his family's house <3 it's been a long wait
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    What kind of sims are you looking for? I'd create you a few for free.
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hello everyone,

I disappeared! I do that sometimes! Sincere apologies! I honestly didn’t realize that this much time had passed since I was last here. :hushed:

I’ve begun giving out gifts to people in no particular order. If I sent you a gift, then I also sent you a short private message and would greatly appreciate a response so I know you got it! If you haven’t received anything yet, please don’t fret as I’m just now starting to give things away and I’m doing it willy-nilly instead of trying to plan it all out in advance like I was (that proved difficult and massively time-consuming).

@Coley666 Ha! :smiley: Thank you! I truly needed that! It’s too bad you’re not asking for anything here because that post would’ve earned you all the Points and then some! I see absolutely nothing wrong with red heads dancing around coffee tables and neither should you! :smile:

It’s been bizarrely sunny here and now I know why – your summoning of those sun spirits. I’m in the Pacific Northwest and normally we’d be having nothing but rain (or even snow still some years) right now. This part of the world is basically the equivalent of a wet landfill for much the year and I've never been able to understand why humans thought it would be a good idea to settle here.

Thanks again!

@Sally_ I'm relieved to hear that you understand. Sorry that I can't give you everything anymore. I'm still going to go out of my way to make sure you get something (or more likely lots of smaller somethings) extra special because you were here first :smile:

@Koolkat197 Thanks for the kind words in your first reply! I’m not doing anything special here though, just making sure that my leftover Points don’t go to waste.

When it comes to Sims, definitely The Sims 3! I’ve never even played The Sims 4. I could no longer imagine a Sims game without the open world and CaST.

@sara4562 Thanks for the kind words from you too! Also thanks for being my first friend ever on the Sims 3 site! :smile:

Like I said to Koolkat197 though, this is just me trying to share what I ended up with after completing my own collection! I do truly hope that people get things that they use and enjoy for their games though. The Store is so overpriced that every bit of help can go a long way; if I can be a part of that help, all the better.

Awesome that you tried to dance. I’d just hurt myself; that’s why I’m getting others to do it for me. :smiley:

@Bleubell Thanks for dancing! I’m in awe of your skills! That’s great that you’re able to start playing again. I’ve taken long breaks from The Sims over the years too, but always come back because of, well, a million reasons. There’s nothing like The Sims series…truly endless amounts of fun and creativity.

@Brandontaylor Awesome! So we’ve got a couple people dancing, a couple people offering Sims and now you’re willing to write a dissertation! I expect it on my desk by the end of the day! :grin:

@deskita I sent you a private message recently! I hope you get it or see this and get back to me! :smile:

@GraceyManor Wow! Thanks for the offer! :smile: I prefer Sims that are as realistic as possible most of the time. I use (pretty much exclusively) Navetsea’s skins (I have his entire collection). I’d link to his blog where I think he still hosts most of them (I think a few are on MTS as well), but I don’t think that’s allowed due to site rules here about content. If you're willing to use CC skins, of course (and please forgive me that I have no idea how that works when sharing them or if it's even possible).

As for the Sims themselves, mostly celebrities. I haven’t given it too much thought in awhile though, lol. A short list off the top of my head would be:
    Kari Byron (Mythbusters)
    Emma Roberts (American Horror Story)
    The Winchester Brothers and Castiel (most of the cast of Supernatural probably; it’s not just a great show, it’s an expansion pack!)
    Poppy Drayton (Abigail on Charmed)
    There are probably loads more I could list and there's a good chance that I'd probably want them more, but that’s what I can think of in my current half-asleep state.

Whether or not you make anything, I greatly appreciate the offer. I can never manage to get jaw lines or cheek bones proper and am looking for Sims to study to try to get better. Sadly, the ones I've downloaded off other sites haven't lived up to their preview pics or been much help. Thanks!

Thanks again for making this fun everyone! Sorry again for the time delay! In some ways I may have been better off when I thought these Points were expiring because time is always running away from me. I'd chase after it, but the last person who did that ended up in a drug-induced hysteria and wrote a timeless, much-beloved children's book about it (I seriously hope at least one person gets what I'm referencing here :smile: ).

Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Symb10sis on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    @Symb10sis Can I get a rain check on that dissertation? :D
    @Brandontaylor Nope. You're already late. :lol:
    @Symb10sis Yes! I was never able to play the sims 2, but the sims 3 was an amazing experience after playing the first sims since childhood <3 I think it's the best, in my humble opinion o:) Anyhoot, (I already sent you a message about the sims, my bad :D ) let me know what sims you'd like and I'll do my best!
  • AmyJadeyAmyJadey Posts: 5 New Member
    Have had most of the items on my wishlist for years :( have no way of actually buying any of them and would much appreciate the help <3 have wanted the chicken coop or the violin the most! https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AmyJadeCakes#
    Hello all!

I just wanted to take a minute here to let everyone know that this is still happening! I severely sprained my left rotator cuff near the end of April and it's taking everything I have just to survive and take care of myself. I live alone and have no one whatsoever to help me in any way :(

I'm slowly doing better and my physical therapist (who I see today :smile: ) is doing all he can to get me functioning again.

'Till then, thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay!

p.s. I sent out private messages near the beginning of April (jeez...I can't believe it's been a month) to everyone who asked for things because I'd disappeared and I wanted to make sure that they were/are still around and playing the game. To date, I've only heard back from a couple of people. So if you posted in this thread and still want a gift, please make sure to check your messages and get back to me! I think I wrote to everyone, but if you didn't receive a message, please write and let me know that!
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Nice to hear again from you @Symb10sis !!
    Sorry to hear that you aren0t getting any help.. Hope you'l be fine and stay safe!
    where did you send the message? I can't find any message from you (with this username)..
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member

Hi, I was wondering if you have points left? Can I suggest some people to gift? I have been away for a long time due to a death in my family, but my be day was a few weeks ago and thought what a nice way to help people out with their lists. I will put small items down, but if you could do bigger items that would be great too.

@mishmush

The Banarasi Desk for 99SP (#14 on the list)

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mishmush

@jwghost

The Babydoll dress for 75SP (#15)

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jwghost

@miitxn29

The 390 (bike) for 200SP (#68)

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=miitxn29

@twilight_aerith

For the Le Cirque Esprit- Just A Hare Carousel Spring Rider for 122SP (#59)

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=twilight_aerith

@Ashleykaymay

For the The Straw Boater Hat with a Choppy Hairstyle for 75SP (#25)

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Ashleykaymay

And if I can suggest more people I will, please let me know if I can or not. Thanks! :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
    Symb10sis wrote: »
    Hello all!

I just wanted to take a minute here to let everyone know that this is still happening! I severely sprained my left rotator cuff near the end of April and it's taking everything I have just to survive and take care of myself. I live alone and have no one whatsoever to help me in any way :(

I'm slowly doing better and my physical therapist (who I see today :smile: ) is doing all he can to get me functioning again.

'Till then, thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay!

p.s. I sent out private messages near the beginning of April (jeez...I can't believe it's been a month) to everyone who asked for things because I'd disappeared and I wanted to make sure that they were/are still around and playing the game. To date, I've only heard back from a couple of people. So if you posted in this thread and still want a gift, please make sure to check your messages and get back to me! I think I wrote to everyone, but if you didn't receive a message, please write and let me know that!

Oh my, I'm sorry that happened :( glad to know you're getting better and that you're well!

Take all the time you need to recover :smile:<3
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Erinaeus

Thank you so so much <3 <3
    edited May 2020
    @Sally_ Thanks! I just tried to check and I think I missed sending you a message. Sorry for that and for the delays. Don't worry about it though, you'll be getting something(s) once I'm feeling up to doing all this :smile:

@Koolkat197 Thanks so much for the kind words! :smile::heart: This really stinks. I likely partially tore the darn thing :( . I could barely move my arm at all when it first happened, but I'm at least getting range of motion back and it's feeling less and less like my shoulder's exploding inside, lol. I can't believe this happened. Thanks for your patience and for being nice :smiley:

Everyone else,

Sorry again for the delays. My life is rough, lol. I'd type more but I'm done using my PC for the day. I just wanted to give a quick update and reply with something. To anyone asking, yes I still have the Points. And yes there will be gifts! Someday soon hopefully :smile:

p.s.
    Has anyone else noticed that EA has taken The Sims 3 (and SimPoints) off of the main Origin pages?!??? I'm worried that this spells the beginning of the end of their support (what little was left) for this wonderful game. I don't think they want people to even know it existed anymore. :(
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    @Symb10sis Yeah, I saw that! But maybe....... they'll do the same thing they did with the Sims 3 collection? :P Let's hope! Though, I really really doubt it lol.
    edited May 2020
    @Symb10sis eeeeek, that sounds terrible DX How did it happen, if I may ask? Glad it's getting better, though :smiley:

Wow, I haven't been on Origin in a while since I like playing the game offline, but I'll be very disappointed if they stop supporting the Sims 3; much like how they stopped supporting the Sims 2, along with the Sims 2 store and all that.

p.s. I realized you gave me a list of celebrities that you'd want in-game, would you like me to get started now or wait?
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    @Symb10sis don't worry about that, stay safe!
    I've sent you a message, please read it :)
    edited May 2020
    Hello everyone,

My sincere apologies for dragging this on even longer. The only upside I can think of is that we're discussing a game that's almost 11 years old and hopefully isn't going anywhere any time soon. :smiley:

I was working diligently on writing up replies to everyone, but, well, the universe hates me :disappointed: . I got up in the middle of the night last Tuesday to get something to drink and on my way back downstairs, I somehow managed to lose my footing. I have no idea how given that I've lived in this house for 15 years, know it like the back of my hand and have never had anything like this happen, but there's a first for everything I guess.

I fell down half my flight of stairs. Hard. I managed to pull nearly every muscle in my body, with my left leg taking the brunt of it and
    ...wait for it 'cause it's nasty...
    I somehow ripped off the entire toenail on my left big toe :confounded: .
    Yeah.
    It's horrifying beyond words.
    I have photos.
    At least I'm still young and spry enough that I was able to get up after a few minutes and call 911 (all they did was bandage my toe and leave, but at least I had some help at 4 a.m., lol).

Thankfully I'm doing better and better each day, to the point where I'm mostly healed up now (save for my toe, which is just...). Even my shoulder is doing rather well, all things considered.

I have a plan to make all this up to those of you who've been so patient and nice to me through all this (though I know that in the back of your minds' you've been secretly thinking "Where are my freaking Gifts?!?" :lol: ), but that'll be revealed in time. I'm shocked and appalled that this has now taken me nearly two months. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, I just thought I'd jump in here, let everyone know I'm alive and share a cringe-inducing story. I probably should've just used the half hour it took me to write this to work on what I was already writing, but, well, this came out of my brain instead. Sorry. My brain writes what it wants, I'm just an innocent bystander. I also love to write, hence all the wurdz. I guess I could've written a short "Sumthin' bad happened to me agin, sory, " but that's just no fun. :smile:

I should have a real reply within a few days and plan to get back to this next week.

Unless I get struck by lightning.

I sincerely hope that you're all doing better than I am :smile:
    Yikes upon yikes x10 :s I'm glad you're okay after all of that! eep, your poor toe Dx

Ooh, can't wait to see what your plan is! As for writing, I feel you on that one lol; your story was definitely cringe-inducing (especially your toe, yikes). Any-hoot, glad you're okay! Take the time you need <3

I sincerely pray you're not struck by lightning :#
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited May 2020
    We all have bad luck in life, but good always over powers the bad. o:)
    I would like anything on my wishlist, which is in my signature. Thank you.
    Get well soon and stay safe. o:)<3
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 80 Member
    I wouldn't mind,since I can't earn them on the site anymore. I have a few things I'd like including the Then and Now Century Manor,the Cinema stuff and whichever bundle it is that has the produce stand.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • glitt3ry1glitt3ry1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, hope all is well. My wishlist is https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=glitt3ry1