Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mental Health and The Sims - How has it helped you?

13...Next

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    The Sims franchise has provided me with emotional support through some very difficult times in my life. Difficulties which have affected me physically and mentally. There have been times when I have dragged myself to my laptop to play, to have the distraction and to at least feel better mentally for a while afterwards. The value of the Sims to do this should never be underestimated and there have been times when I have been very grateful for my little pixel friends. Enough said otherwise I shall start crying.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Honestly, it has helped me enormously with stress. Through Sims I can focus on something fun and creative and it is the only thing that relaxes my mind.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I did get The Sims when I was suffering from depression for which I got early retirement. It helped me through a bad time and I also got a dog which helped by making me walk miles and meet new people.

Much, much later I found all my troubles were due to Coeliac Disease (gluten intolerance) and useless GPs & works doctors who hadn't even considered it until a brilliant woman GP gave me a test. Luckily it was past retirement age and I saw a consultant who told me it causes a lot of symptoms of other diseases and I found that my complete life changed after. Depression, aches all gone.

I am still addicted to Sims games though and had two dogs in the meantime! <3