Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 base world(s)

2...Next

Comments

• TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I think we'll get two worlds at launch and they'll be interconnected similar to TS4, One thing they did right in the sims 4 was worlds and being able to travel, albiet not realistice but it runs seamlessly
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    This time I hope they get it right with the Sim left at home when your Sim travels to a different lot and or world. Like change out of your PJs...it's 4 O'clock in the afternoon. Get dressed! lol Clean up the house while I'm gone. Finish your homework, take a bath, don't wait on me to come back and do it for you. lol And for goodness sake, if I left you skilling silly Sim, then at least finish one level. Oh, and yes, intutitive, my Sim is on the way home, those at home should have known they were hungry and prepared a meal for the returning Sim. :p Oh, and if I had to take one to the grocery store (please) then the others should ask my Sim, 'where have you been?!' we are starving, where are the groceries? lol

Doesn't it ever bother any of you these Sims never have to buy toothpaste, deodrant, and toilet paper? I think there should be a world where they have to go and get the things real people need. Like a hammer, nails, toilet paper, books, I so hope the pc isn't the only way to order things in the next game. Amazon isn't the quickest way to get something when there is a store across the street. :o

I also hope this particular world has art and furniture, and as much as I love buy mode for building a home etc. once a Sim moves in I think they should have to go buy this stuff afterwards, and buymode no longer available for them. If you have finished a home and moved them in. :D

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hope they add 3 different worlds like they did in SIms 2... Like, really different, maybe a jungle, a desert and a lush. And, add a uni-world matching them in the University Pack, and a Downtown for each.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2020
    I do hope in a way it is open world, and fully modifiable. No fake buildings and unusable lots. Decorative buildings are objects in the game--just look after you've enabled buydebug mode and liveedit objects. I'd like to be able to simply delete those and build on their lots. It is one of my many major annoyances with TS4. Each world should have a small town area with a police station, fire station, hospital/medical clinic, and stores.

Game features in TS4 have a bad habit of being limited to the worlds and hidden lots with which a world ships. While in TS3, they were added to every world;

A powerful, and easy to use world builder should ship with the base game as well.

But on the other hand, given my experience with TS3, it depends on performance Hopefully, it will run a bit better than TS3, which tortures all but the highest end computers. My laptop has an i7, but when playing the game, my PC gets so hot, I could probably fry an egg on the palm rest (which isn't helped by the fact the Itronix GD8200 has poor cooling anyway). The one I'm typing this on is a proper gaming PC capable of running TS3 pretty well (and so far, is the first and only computer I have owned with dedicated graphics), unfortunately, out of the box the RAM was bad. My games (and anything involving a lot of processing power) would kill the PC; requiring a reboot. The beep when it started up was BIOS code for bad RAM. Hopefully once that's fixed (and doubled from 8GB to 16), it will work great.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    I think that would be interesting but I am desperate to have an open world system like we had in 3. I actually just started playing with it again and I forgot how much more immersive it was. I could even see if they went in your direction how each district would be open world but the others would have to load. I just want to be able to visit neighbors and other buildings without having a loading screen for everywhere I go.

Maybe open world sections, town area, suberb area, country area, and you could go anywhere in these sections. But sims 3 needed a bigger engine, it couldn't hold enough.

I'm really hoping TS5 will be 100% open world. The problem with TS3 was that it wasn't 64-bit. It was only 32-bit and therefore could only use 2gb of RAM. Even if it was extended, it can only access 3gb.

I'm pretty sure though that TS5 will be 64-bit so it would be very capable of running a 100% open world better than TS3 can.

They are talking about S5 being a social media interaction game, so I'm thinking the 64-bit would make sense.
    Sakia90 wrote: »
    @PlayerSinger2010

It's just as frustrating being stuck with small "worlds" where you can't edit them or add any custom ones. Playing the same small worlds gets boring too. I just hope in Sims 5 we're able to have open worlds/neighborhoods (real worlds) where we can do all of that and travel to different ones. I also hope that the sims from other worlds don't appear in the one you're currently in. It breaks immersion. :/

I think that is why S4 bores me to death too. In S3, I had no issues with it at all.
    doogerie wrote: »
    If you don’t want the Sims5 don’t post it in this thread it’s not a I want The Sims5 thread
    How do you think the worlds in the Sims 5 will work
    Personally I think we will have 1 world at launch but this will be BIG and cut up into districts so you will have downtown That will have clubs bars and apartments an inner city upscale living District and a Suburban district with mid sized homes and some small food or comic book shops this will all be connected by a bus/subway system with transport hubs but as soon as you get on the train you get a loaded screen this will be to give us more alive worlds we will also have a national park for walks and stuff (camping comes in a full EP this time).

That’s how I see the worlds working what do you think?

I hope it comes with a beach and a large waterfall like Stoney Falls in TS3.

Stoney Falls?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I hope the base game comes with 1 or 2 worlds. No loading screens unless you are traveling between worlds. (Assuming you can travel between worlds and since TS4 did it, I'm now expecting it, even though I realize that it means I likely won't get it). I can hope though!

However, I think we might get a neighbourhood to play off line and if you want the whole world, it will be online and behind a monthly fee. You also will not be able to change or customize this world and what you can do in your own personal neighbourhood will be limited to make room or "force" you to go online for a "better" experience. I hope I'm wrong about this.

If it goes that way well it’s a no from me
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I would really like it to be open world. Looking between sims 3 and 4, I can tell that sims 4 cuts off the community feeling. I would like a return to how everything in the sims 3 world is real; I believe the fake buildings from sims 4 doesn't do the game any justice and causes a problem for those who want to customize the game. I believe modern computers can handle the open world. I also believe there should be the ability to hop between worlds through a loading screen. Also, when sims go somewhere, they should get into a car or walk: they should not disappear at the end of the lot.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't get the rabbit holes thing about sims 3... we had libraries, museums, parks, coffe shops, laundry store, tatoo stores, beauty saloons, clubs, consignement stores, beaches, ... and soooo much more that weren't rabbit holes. We did have some places that were rabbit holes but you could interact. And then there were the career locations that were rabbit holes, but so are in 4... anyway i like to see my sims get the car and drive all the way through there. And then i can catch a coworker after work right in front of their job place and go hang with him anywhere...

No, all those things came later. The open venues were only the library and the museum, and a park. Open venues had to be handled later in LN, not before.

In TS3 basegame, they already provided a hangout lot (I can't remember which type though) where sims can go for night life. It was basic but it was still fun. I liked that it didn't have any closing hours so your sims can go there anytime, even very late into the night. Even children were allowed and they seemed to like doing their homework there! So I made them like those pubs in Ireland where the whole family can go to. The hangouts were pretty full with whole families visiting. There was dancing, drinking from the juice bar (no bartenders at basegame, but sims can make a bunch of drinks and set it on the bar), simple food, arcade games. TS3 basegame also had open gyms and beaches.

Non-TS3 people post like the active lots in TS3 never existed at all. But it made sense that the devs only started out with a few active lots and all careers were rabbitholes in the basegame because it was such a big change from TS2. The first time I had a household with more than one sim, it did take a bit to get used to having to manage them all at the same time - I very shortly got the hang of it though. It was always the devs' plan to add more active lots as packs came out and by that time, people who played TS3 got used to managing more than one sim at a time.

The devs started introducing more active lots as early as their first EP, World Adventures, where they added food, book, relic, general cash registers so you can make active lots of the grocery store, the bookstore, museum and general stores. And every EP after that had some other stuff to other active lots. Then more were added to the Sims 3 Store. And on top of that, Zerbu created his amazing Ultimate Careers mod that made any rabbithole career into an active one! Then the second EP, Ambitions, was released and that introduced active lot professions and self-employment. And the devs just kept adding on from there.

And this is why I love TS3 so much, because it had so much gameplay and activities in just one world - even at basegame alone. And always, of course, with no loading screens!
    Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
    edited March 2020
    I'd rather it be like TS4, where they can go to any world they choose. TS3 was frustrating, being stuck in one world.

But the worlds in TS4 are so small! In TS3, the worlds are huge. The reason why we didn't need to go world hopping is that we can put everything in one world. There are a lot of free fan made worlds that has everything in them. And all this without loading screens. Also if someone really wants to play world hopping they can do that with the Traveler so they won't have to stick with just one world.

TS3 is the only open world game out of the entire The Sims series. I really want TS5 to be 100% open world. If you love loading screens so much, then just stick with TS4 or TS2 or TS1.

There's no need to be so rude, my goodness! I'm well aware that the worlds in TS4 are small and would be better if they were editable as they were in TS2/3, but the fact still remains that I like being able to hop worlds. It makes logical sense to be able to world hop, because people move to different cities than the ones they grew up in. Sticking in one world got old really fast and I hated that, if you wanted to move to a new world, all of the relationships my sims built up would be totally erased.

I don't like loading screens, but thanks for assuming things that aren't true of me! :)

I wasn't rude, you're just taking things personally. :) But since you're making the claim that in TS3 that you're just stuck in one world, well that just isn't true. Because even without the Traveler mod, in TS3 you can still go to China, France and Egypt, university, and even to a future world (that had three different outcomes). They were all vastly different from each other too and were huge worlds that you can explore, with each averaging 100 lots of all kinds to visit.

But on top of that, you can also use the Traveler mod to go to any worlds by EA or even the hundreds of fan-made worlds. Using that also retained your sims relationships with the old world when they move to the new one too.

So saying that you're stuck in just one world in TS3 isn't true. It offers so much more gameplay and possibilities than TS4 ever could. For TS5, I'm really hoping for the same capabilities that TS3 has. I wouldn't want it to be so limited as TS4 is.

cheescaeks wrote: »
    I'd rather it be like TS4, where they can go to any world they choose. TS3 was frustrating, being stuck in one world.

But the worlds in TS4 are so small! In TS3, the worlds are huge. The reason why we didn't need to go world hopping is that we can put everything in one world. There are a lot of free fan made worlds that has everything in them. And all this without loading screens. Also if someone really wants to play world hopping they can do that with the Traveler so they won't have to stick with just one world.

TS3 is the only open world game out of the entire The Sims series. I really want TS5 to be 100% open world. If you love loading screens so much, then just stick with TS4 or TS2 or TS1.

There's no need to be so rude, my goodness! I'm well aware that the worlds in TS4 are small and would be better if they were editable as they were in TS2/3, but the fact still remains that I like being able to hop worlds. It makes logical sense to be able to world hop, because people move to different cities than the ones they grew up in. Sticking in one world got old really fast and I hated that, if you wanted to move to a new world, all of the relationships my sims built up would be totally erased.

I don't like loading screens, but thanks for assuming things that aren't true of me! :)

they're a very annoying and irritating person who, regardless of whats going on, will find a way to make it sound like sims 3 is the best game ever, has no flaws, is perfection incarnate, and anyone else who has a different opinion is a brainless 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

i just threw them on my ignore after they insulted my intelligence about a week ago, best decision ever.

*Shrug* I don't care if you block me. Don't make false claims about TS3, and you should be good to go. I only pointed out the things you claimed that weren't true. It's not my fault you couldn't defend your claims.

catitude5 wrote: »
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    I think that would be interesting but I am desperate to have an open world system like we had in 3. I actually just started playing with it again and I forgot how much more immersive it was. I could even see if they went in your direction how each district would be open world but the others would have to load. I just want to be able to visit neighbors and other buildings without having a loading screen for everywhere I go.

Maybe open world sections, town area, suberb area, country area, and you could go anywhere in these sections. But sims 3 needed a bigger engine, it couldn't hold enough.

I think it depended on your computer. I use an old 2014 computer with 4gb RAM and Intel grapics card and the large worlds TS3 has still works fine. Right now I'm playing My Sims Realty's Storybrook County. That has both a city side and a suburban side. That world works fine even on my old computer.

Storybrook County - City Side
    Screenshot-125.jpg

Storybrook County - Suburban Side
    Scree232nshot-121.jpg

Storybrook County - Beach Views
    Screenswerwehot-141.jpg

So even with 4gb RAM and an integrated graphics card, such large TS3 worlds still work fine. I would think 64-bit TS5 running in the more powerful computers now would do even better.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    No rabbitholes PLEASE and make it an open world. I miss seeing my neighbors.
    Yes obviously no rabbit holes
    doogerie wrote: »
    No rabbitholes PLEASE and make it an open world. I miss seeing my neighbors.
    Yes obviously no rabbit holes

You guys don't even know what you're talking about. If you're going to play with more than one sim in a household in an open world, you will WANT rabbitholes. I played the Ambitions EP with a family household - two adult sims and three children. The father was a fireman and the mother was a doctor working in an active career (using Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod). That was already a handful with the husband putting out fires and the wife doing research and vaccinations, etc. Add children in the mix with the Generations EP loaded, teaching them to walk, talk and go to the bathroom, and they had afterschool activities and school trips growing up, learning to drive, etc. Thank God I didn't make the kids' school active as well or I would have truly felt overwhelmed! After a while, when the wife reached level 10, I just sent her to the rabbithole hospital to work.

So rabbitholes are necessary, if you want to take a break from having to manually manage your sims' work or school.

TS3 had both rabbitholes and active lots versions, so I would like to see the same functionality in TS5 to make the gameplay as flexible as it is in TS3.