Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Rabid Rodent Fever (and other game illnesses)

Is it weird that I've been feeling the urge to play out this contagion in my game? Lol.

I have the kind of humor where I find a way to laugh at realistic problems. I suppose it's a way to deal with life when it throws stress at me. But I noticed that Deligracy just built an apocalyptic shelter in a recent youtube video, and it's awesome. She even addressed the toilet paper issue, lol. I'm thinking of starting a new save and downloading apocalypse builds for a specific world (maybe Oasis Springs?) and then giving rodents to a choice household until the Fever starts, then taking the infected to a nightclub and seeing where it goes from there. >:) I might also select specific Sims that I want to avoid getting sick and see who outlasts the rest.

Have any of you guys been playing with illnesses in your game? If you have, share your stories and pics! (Even pet illnesses if you like.) :)
#Team Occult

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Well, there's no chance of coronavirus entering the game with the amount of times my sims wash their hands!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Well, there's no chance of coronavirus entering the game with the amount of times my sims wash their hands!

Haha! I know, Sims really practice excellent hygiene on their own. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2020
    Right now, I'm trying out the fullhouse mod. Started with 24 Sims. The first 2 starved to death. (My fault actually. I deleted the fridge because I have custom quickies that were so easy for them grab. After a while, I deleted the grill because I wanted them to use the stove and potentially burn down the kitchen - forgetting to buy a cheap fridge. :D:D>:) )

After 2 different rounds of playing with Hamster in a dirty cage, SUCCESS! The 1st Sim died and I guess Grimmy won't reap when there are more than the maximum on the lot, but I think it was more like, "SCREW THIS! I ain't catching what you're passing. I'm outta here!!!"
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Right now, I'm trying out the fullhouse mod. Started with 24 Sims. The first 2 starved to death. (My fault actually. I deleted the fridge because I have custom quickies that were so easy for them grab. After a while, I deleted the grill because I wanted them to use the stove and potentially burn down the kitchen - forgetting to buy a cheap fridge. :D:D>:) )

After 2 different rounds of playing with Hamster in a dirty cage, SUCCESS! The 1st Sim died and I guess Grimmy won't reap when there are more than the maximum on the lot, but I think it was more like, "SCREW THIS! I ain't catching what you're passing. I'm outta here!!!"

That sounds like fun. I love how Grim was like, "No way! I'm putting you in quarantine first!" :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Warning: dark content.

I admit this is very grim, but I still wish there was a mod that allowed NPCs to catch and not automatically recover, as they do now from Rabid Rodent fever. If anyone knows whether such a mod exists, please let me know...
  • Options
    UPDATE: Grimmy grew a pair and reaped my 2nd and 3rd plague deaths. Guess he couldn't pass up the pay for the two-fer.

All but 2 of the household are now infected. I'm cackling...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Uhh...Grimmy can get it?

I'm not sure if they set it up for him to go through the motions or he actually gets sick! :o He's standing there rubbing his head and has an aura around it. This is hilarious!

Father Winter is shocked and just walked up to Grimmy. He looks like he wants to ask him if he's been naughty or nice.
    He's going back and forth between bawling his eyes out and HO-HO-HO with a jolly laugh. Daddy Christmas has issues.
  • Options
    Uhh...Grimmy can get it?

I'm not sure if they set it up for him to go through the motions or he actually gets sick! :o He's standing there rubbing his head and has an aura around it. This is hilarious!

Father Winter is shocked and just walked up to Grimmy. He looks like he wants to ask him if he's been naughty or nice.
    He's going back and forth between bawling his eyes out and HO-HO-HO with a jolly laugh. Daddy Christmas has issues.

Omg, Grimmy! That's an unexpected twist. So what happens when the Grim Reaper gets taken out? Can he die of the Fever? Oh, the irony!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Uhh...Grimmy can get it?

Omg, Grimmy! That's an unexpected twist. So what happens when the Grim Reaper gets taken out? Can he die of the Fever? Oh, the irony!

I think they must have just added the animation for story-telling. Nothing ever came of it. Each time he came to collect, he would do the "Oh my aching head!" with the colored aura above his head, hang out for a while then move on.

Well, they all died except one. She actually caught it according to the pop-ups twice, but somehow miraculously cured herself.
    I figured out that she must have been glitched because I enclosed her in a room with 3 fireplaces and nothing else. Was she gonna starve or burn to death first? Oooooooooh! Looks like she's gonna starve! 3...2...1! WHAT?! Hunger reset? Forget it - delete save.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I need to have a sim get rabid rodent fever for my challenge legacy. The last sim who got ill though was my founder, when she went to uni:
    Picture1.png?dl=0

It looks sore, I think she could have done with some soothing cream or calamine lotion!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    This sounds like fun! I sort have went all out! I have more screen shots than the law allows so I'll try to limit to just a basic few. lol
    I have two different stories that combine sort of going on. After a mysterious mist was unleashed a team of investigators were sent out to find out why everyone is turning into zombies and rescue survivors in Del sol valley.

And on the other side of the map in Oasis Springs I have two other family survivors just trying to survive with what little they have. They get along by crafting on the wood table and selling it on the vendor stand for money. I am not done yet though, these are just some test shots I've been taking along they way. I am still currently rebuilding oasis springs into a total post apocalyptic waste land and working on making the families and giving them backstories which has been an ongoing project for days lol.

And a little disclaimer so that no one gets upset none of the poses,cc,lots or anything is made by me. It's ALL custom downloaded. The only thing I claim is the characters I made and I simply edit the predownloaded lots to my liking. Now let's see if I can even get these pictures to post it's always a challenge.....

8X5AWYG.png
    ohZpbv6.png
    cgnwvkN.png
    B2dCiW6.png
    15fIhoR.png
    MZlUXqW.png
    d2QPbx7.png
    waQc8c8.png
    ZnCK4Xw.png
    QeOkjqE.png
    y3X1vrP.png
    2tqtWZA.png
    t2OrUiC.png
    vgux99x.jpg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @elanorbreton That does look painful! It makes me want to go grab lotion, haha

@Babykittyjade Wow, your world looks amazing! It almost looks like a Fallout game or something more advanced. I really love the "hero" apocalyptic style outfits.
    #Team Occult