Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coronavirus: An EA Update

Comments

• Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Apart from playing The Sims 3, I have been listening to music, reading, draw some digital art, sewing, write fanfiction and original fiction and reading about history. Only things I can really do during the lockdown
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    CIariteaCIaritea Posts: 48 Member
    Yeah I've been telling myself the next time I get stuck at home for weeks, I'll play the Sims again. Well here we are.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I've been getting more fresh air since I started working from home. Getting a bit antsy for someone to chat with, however.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    I read the title thinking they added coronavirus to the gam, 🐸🐸🐸🐸😭😭😭
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Even as bad as I have treated my Sims, I wouldn't even do something like this to them!

Hopefully our watcher will put in the cheat and fix this! :(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm still waiting for 2020 to get cancelled. 😂 So many exciting things like concerts and shows and events getting postponed. Like, there's literally nothing to look forward for anymore this year. And the situation is also not getting any better or slowing down. 🙁

I feel like this year, we're just gonna waste our life away doing nothing significant and that's a bummer. What a way to start the new decade.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for 2020 to get cancelled. 😂 So many exciting things like concerts and shows and events getting postponed. Like, there's literally nothing to look forward for anymore this year. And the situation is also not getting any better or slowing down. 🙁

I feel like this year, we're just gonna waste our life away doing nothing significant and that's a bummer. What a way to start the new decade.

I would say that, the thing that I am looking forward for now is to know that the clinical testing for the virus will give us a positive result, then the vaccine can be produced as early as possible. It's a race against the time. Nowadays, every day is a nightmare.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I would say that, the thing that I am looking forward for now is to know that the clinical testing for the virus will give us a positive result, then the vaccine can be produced as early as possible. It's a race against the time. Nowadays, every day is a nightmare.

Over here in Singapore, they say it will probably take a year for a vaccine.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited March 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »

Over here in Singapore, they say it will probably take a year for a vaccine.

Yep, the soonest would probably in 2021 (within 12 to 18 months, or longer). Hence, more than anything, I wish that all the clinical testing now will give a positive result this year. In fact, WHO has appointed a few countries to test Remdesivir, the antiviral medicine to be tested on the COVID19 patients.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Ugh! I can't imagine what THAT is going to be like for all the overworked EMT, that are trying to care for the virus people PLUS the normal everyday medical cases!

Big shout out to all of you medical staff everywhere! Big thank you for all you do! :heart:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2020
    Current situation

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Top 10 of the most infected countries (more than 10k cases)
    1. USA (124k) (54k in New York, 11k in New Jersey and 6k in California)
    2. Italy (93k)
    3. China (82k)
    4. Spain (79k)
    5. Germany (59k)
    6. Iran (39k)
    7. France (38k)
    8. UK (20k)
    9. Switzerland (15k)
    10. Netherlands (11k)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Geez, due to this nonsense, my already nonexistent love life has to be postponed even more. I was orginally planning to find the right person, but as the other comment said, what a way to start this decade. This is just the worst year ever, and we're only three months in. I'm lowkey hoping that this was all a dream and that we were still in early 2019.

I know the feeling - I had a bunch of plans for this year which may end up being cancelled, and I lost my cat as well, and the virus precautions affected the veterinary rules.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    My home state, Illinois just got over 1000 new cases. It really is starting to get depressing. Plus, a country singer from my childhood/90’s, Joe Diffie, passed away today from it. :'(
  • Options
    paigepurplepaigepurple Posts: 3 New Member
    Stay safe everyone! <3
  • Options
    DylanJ10000DylanJ10000 Posts: 22 Member
    Seems very responsible on their part. I'm happy that so many companies are doing this!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Stay Home and be patient !
    In 2 or 3 months the number of cases will decrease, Summer will be better and Fall will return to normal.

Just don't help this virus.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Stay Home and be patient !
    In 2 or 3 months the number of cases will decrease, Summer will be better and Fall will return to normal.

Just don't help this virus.

It might come back next year like the 1918 influenza did. All bets are off with this little fiend.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @simspeaker4

But this time new medicines will be available to fight it and the patients who recovered in 2020 will have a stronger immune system.

The countries will be prepared to face it.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited April 2020
    All bets are off with this little fiend.

I've stayed home, and so have the kids, my husband already worked from home. My oldest son was still working (his store is now closed) but I had him showering every night when he came in. We had one guest 8 days ago, but she washed her hands when she came in and before leaving and there was no touching. She wasn't, and still isn't sick. My husband has brought home a few groceries, and that's been the only trips out since my son stopped working.

And I'm sick. (low fever, nasty cough). Have been for almost a week. My husband has a cough, but it's much more mild than mine. I don't know for sure what I have, because they aren't testing here unless you can't breath or have a really high fever, but it's an awfully big coincidence if it's not covid-19.
    Probably came in on groceries or something my son or husband was wearing.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @lisamwitt

It depends on the object
    https://theconversation.com/we-know-how-long-coronavirus-survives-on-surfaces-heres-what-it-means-for-handling-money-food-and-more-134671

Somebody who comes from outside is also a good transportation for the virus.
    But keep in mind you may also be infected 14 days ago, the symptoms come later.

Please contact a doctor to be sure and take care of you and your family.
  • Options
    @simspeaker4

But this time new medicines will be available to fight it and the patients who recovered in 2020 will have a stronger immune system.

The countries will be prepared to face it.

Not to sound like a wet blanket but viruses can mutate. I don't know how much this one might or could. As I have said, it's a nasty one.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited April 2020
    @lisamwitt

It depends on the object
    https://theconversation.com/we-know-how-long-coronavirus-survives-on-surfaces-heres-what-it-means-for-handling-money-food-and-more-134671

Somebody who come from outside is also a good transportation for the virus.
    But keep in mind you may also be infected 14 days ago, the symptoms come later.

Please contact a doctor to be sure.

Unless you are seriously struggling to breathe or have a high fever, they aren't testing. There aren't enough tests. So they don't even want to see me and would turn me away. The symptoms fit, that's the best answer I'm going to get right now.

But I am following the advice I've been given, stay here, wash my hands. I'm not doing the cooking. I'm keeping my distance from the kids as much as that's possible and cleaning anything I touch.

Resting is proving to be the real challenge for me. There's alway stuff that needs done. I cleaned the kitchen counters and did some dishes this afternoon and it set off a 20 minute coughing fit.

I'm working on a ridiculously large house in Sims to keep my mind occupied.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Sorry I've been absent. The part that worries me about all of this is people are NOT staying 6' away from each other. I've worked from home for nearly a decade, so doing the right thing isn't an issue. It's that whenever I need to go out and do anything necessary like buy groceries or health-related items, people do not keep their distance. They have friends over to party. They have their unattended kids loiter in places in the courtyard where if you're trying to get to your unit you have to get within 6' of them. This even happens when I'm out shopping in aisles or paying for my stuff.

I'm at a point where I need someone to make a profane shirt for me that kinda says Stay Away From Me. I have allergies, and with all of the pollen in the air I'm sure I'm making people nervous every time I need to clear my throat. You know what? I don't care at this point. If they want to put my life in danger, I hope I scare them into doing the right thing. *cough*

Thankfully, I don't have any symptoms at this time and I hope it stays this way. Other than throwing out trash, getting mail, and doing a load of laundry I have no plans to go anywhere until next weekend. And when I do, I'm wearing a mask. I just don't trust anyone where I live to do the right thing.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee