March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight March 13th - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Welcome to this Friday (the 13th) highlight! I've been trying to remember all day in which thread I saw a screenshot of a pretty black cat a few weeks ago. It would have been perfect for today but... I was not lucky ;)

Whether you are superstitious or not, @Beardedgeek shared a very calming (and beautiful!) screenshot worth admiring:

kb3j4ess545a.png
Found here!

Now that we are relaxed... what discussions do I have for you this week?:

This is it from me today! I still can't find that cat. If you know what picture I'm talking about and you have a link, please save me from my terrible memory! If you don't, I'll take any black cat screenshots you can offer :smiley: 💡 Can we gather 13 black cats in this thread?

is5xxrcql038.gif

Happy simming weekend!
-Mai

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Awww, it surely does, hi Athena! 😺
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I don't know that particular cat in the gif, but I can make a contribution to the 13 black cats challenge!

Here's an old screenshot I've posted before, but today seems fitting to bring it up again. Apparently, this family heard that black cats are a symbol of bad luck on Friday the 13th, so they decided to have theirs for dinner, sacrificing it to the Great Stomach God...

nichtdiekatzezubereitd5jve.jpg

Fortunately, the Great Stomach God had mercy on the black cat's soul and granted all cats in the sim world immunity to dangerous kitchen appliances, so they can continue walking around on counters and glitching through the preparing of food without getting hurt. Hurray! :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for the link to the best TS3 store thread :smile:

Going to have a look at that :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Congratulations on getting mentioned in Friday Highlights this week @SarahTheRed B)! Great builds B)!!
    Great job to everyone who was selected this week B)!
    I really enjoyed all the threads and screenshot you picked this week @EA_Mai B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    W1UnXIP.png
    Black enough? My Sims came upon a stray looking for attention while on vacation
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @EA_Mai Thank you for continuing to showcase Sims 3 threads. <3 We in that community really appreciate it.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Here you go, my creepy black cat sitting in the middle of the romantic interests dinner table.

14-9-18-23-09-33.png
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Great new and Awe-Sim threads to look at! Thanks for sharing them with us @EA_Mai :)
  • PhurphatnessPhurphatness Posts: 2 New Member
    I am not sure if this is the best place to enter this comment however, it’s getting a bit frustrating to not be able to access the other careers that are locked. There doesn’t seem to be a way to actually do these because going to the “store” there isn’t opportunity to start these locked career events.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I am not sure if this is the best place to enter this comment however, it’s getting a bit frustrating to not be able to access the other careers that are locked. There doesn’t seem to be a way to actually do these because going to the “store” there isn’t opportunity to start these locked career events.
    Looks like you may be referring to The Sims Mobile.
    Player feedback is important. Please feel free to post your ideas here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en
    EQ
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,305 Member
    Warming up for
    Lt0OKzf.png
    Black Dog Friday
    vZdUnPl.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,305 Member
    Belated Kitten finaly turned up.
    Happy weekend. :)
    d3kh3or.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks everyone! <3 For all your comments, and for the cats - that makes it 6! And a hidden dog :tongue:

Not closing this - we still can do it! :sweat_smile:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I have a childhood story to share.
    When I was about 3 years old my parents had a black cat named 🐸🐸🐸🐸. One day 🐸🐸🐸🐸 & I were playing with a live mouse, my Mom grabbed me & yelled for my Dad. My Dad got rid of the mouse. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 & I were not happy about it.
    PS: I don't have any memories about this, my Mom told me the story for years.