Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 sounds stops when Computer screen goes in standby

Hey, please move this if this isn't the correct category.

So i have kind of a very weird issue:

I have my headphones connected to my main computer scree/monitor. The sound plays through that. I have two screens. Now when Sims 4 is open and I leave to get something, the screen shuts off after 10 minutes. If that happens the sound of Sims 4 is completely gone. Absolutely no sound anymore.
But, everything else still has working sound. So I assume it's a bug/glitch within the game. This never happened before, but keeps happening now.

The only way to fix this is to completely restart the game. Which gets very annoying after a while. Does nayone have a solution? or at least a hint on why this suddenly started happening?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes, it does sound like an glitch stemming from the monitor as you use your headphones with it and not the computer itself. If you have external speakers you try to hook the speakers to the computer itself and let the monitor go off and wake it up to see if it just the monitor and if it does then there is an chance it may be your onboard or sound card and this is just my thoughts. Being your monitor goes dark it should not affect any other functions of your computer like Standby does. Also look at your power setup and make sure your setting like Standby, Screensaver, etc are not set to activate at the same time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen