May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Your favorite and least favorite things about Discover University?

2...Next

Comments

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 718 Member
    edited April 2020
    candystorm wrote: »
    I was so excited about this pack, I loved it in Sims 3. But the Sims 4 version just takes SO long to actually get the degree. I put one of my Sims through University and it took so long that it puts me off from putting any other Sims through it. He also kept missing classes for some reason even though he was stood right outside the building.

I ended up having to use a mod to reset him back to the start of young adulthood after he graduated.

I do miss seeing them in lectures like Sims 3.

really? that's why i actually like it more! it is way more authentic to rl Uni...in TS 3 it was way too extremely easy to get a perfect degree imo.
    in this game it is way more challenging to actually get that A+ degree which is cool imo, makes it more of an accomplishement to score that A+ degree. it takes some effort but the rewards are better too (bigger pay raise and higher starting position compared to B or C degrees)… and a mod to reset age? there is a 1500 sat point potion right there to reset age and if you have RoM there is also a potion you can brew which also resets age.

i do agree on the lecture part tho... ts 4 uni is just rabbit hole stuff..
    byVpvsc.gif
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    My favourite: the dorms

My least favourite: the lack of bunkbeds and the fact that it takes your sim forever to walk/bike to class when you live on campus
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,079 Member
    candystorm wrote: »
    I was so excited about this pack, I loved it in Sims 3. But the Sims 4 version just takes SO long to actually get the degree. I put one of my Sims through University and it took so long that it puts me off from putting any other Sims through it. He also kept missing classes for some reason even though he was stood right outside the building.

I ended up having to use a mod to reset him back to the start of young adulthood after he graduated.

I do miss seeing them in lectures like Sims 3.

So weird, I always felt like Sims 3 degrees took forever because you had to keep coming home after a semester. I just wanted to stay at college and finish in one shot.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,499 Member
    My favorite is the wall shower and my not like is that I can't put a (new game) young adult sim into a dorm when I pick the starting lot. So I haven't played the university experience because after buying a computer the dorms are full.
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 175 Member
    Overall enjoy DU. The new city is lovely, being able to attend on/off campus & from a different city is nice. Introduction of roommates & bikes, not limited to attending uni; new careers, many good things.

What I don’t like is rotational play & having multiple students attending university is disappointing; but made it work by making sure to re-enroll the other households at the beginning of each semester. The graduation ceremony, the rabbit hole part is ok, but it would’ve been nice to also have an actual party with graduates & choice of attendees.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 2,119 Member
    I really enjoy this pack, I think it is one of the better ones.

Favourite:
    - the 'open' University as in the world is open to all sims and not exclusive for students. Non-students are allowed in the Britechester world. The option to study from any home lot in any world allows a lot of flexibility
    - two universities with different vibes
    - bikes (still a shame children were left)
    - servo
    - the world : I like the look of the world, the different atmosphere of the neighbourhoods and the swimmable lakes

least favourite:
    - no meter to check grades
    - no stoves in dorms : from my personal background this is a very odd design choice.
    - the time it takes to graduate is to long compared to a sims life span .
    - the fact that sims fail when you switch to another household
  • SimRomanovySimRomanovy Posts: 85 Member
    I love how when I did 4 papers at once it was almost impossible to manage my sims needs, homework and class schedule. It was madness and felt realistic - the temptation to cheat is real. Also I think the dorms should have their own kitchens. I know I can download or edit them but it just felt like it should be there. I'm currently reliant on people bringing over food (which is weird bc there always seems to be new meals arriving but idk who is bringing them).

Also despite having is own room my sim loves to do his homework in someone else's room while they sleep. What a weirdo.

What I don't like is how if you live solo your house gets cleared out when you move to study even when you say to keep the stuff.
    AMwKzlQ.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 4,974 Member
    Super nitpicky detail, the sort of thing I notice and it bugs me without affecting actual gameplay. Graduation robes. What's with the plain white undershirt? I mean, I guess one cannot expect those Foxbury gear-heads to know better, but at Britechester we have things like tradition, and standards. Yes, there really is a dress code for what may be worn with academic dress, and it's called "sub-fusc". And it's a thing you can get fined by the Dean for doing wrong.